Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,291 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there at least a chance of a nice mount like with the Withered Training?

Dont think so, its a timesink to keep us distracted from the lack of Tomb currently.

You get the Ageless Bronze Drake and Bronze Proto-Whelp companions, but as % drops from the Time Lost wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not been near Legion yet but am having some moments of weakness lately. Would anyone recommend picking it up at this stage, or is there any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Depends on what you want, PVE content is quite fun and enjoyable. PvP is a bit stale as they have removed allot of complexity that made up classes.

I think the character pruning has really screwed up what should have been their best expansion in a long time, in addition the decisions they made around weapons has not helped either as it has meant being stuck with one spec b ut they have improved that.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Not been near Legion yet but am having some moments of weakness lately. Would anyone recommend picking it up at this stage, or is there any point?

Its a great expansion and there's so much to do. I would definitely say its one of their best expansions, and there's still at least 1 more raid tier to come so i would say give it a blast.

Alright thanks guys. This is the first ever expansion that I haven't checked out, so I'll think about it. Very conflicted but the reviews have seemed good. Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Alright thanks guys. This is the first ever expansion that I haven't checked out, so I'll think about it. Very conflicted but the reviews have seemed good. Thanks again!

To be honest if you are a wow player from the past, it would somewhat depend why you quit.

I never really got previous wow players asking "is this expansion worth coming back for". I get it from friends who quit all the time. It's wow, you know what your getting, you know why you played it and why you quit.

Legion is probably the best expansion since WOTLK for me personally, but like every expansion while it has brilliant things, it has terrible things also.

Very much depends on what made you quit.

As always if you are just coming back there is loads of catchup to help you get into Tomb relatively quickly (Tomb the latest raid) or PvP or whatever you were into.

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be honest if you are a wow player from the past, it would somewhat depend why you quit.

I never really got previous wow players asking "is this expansion worth coming back for". I get it from friends who quit all the time. It's wow, you know what your getting, you know why you played it and why you quit.

Legion is probably the best expansion since WOTLK for me personally, but like every expansion while it has brilliant things, it has terrible things also.

Very much depends on what made you quit.

As always if you are just coming back there is loads of catchup to help you get into Tomb relatively quickly (Tomb the latest raid) or PvP or whatever you were into.

Thanks dude. I'll definitely take that on board before I splash the cash! Didn't enjoy the WoD expansion at all - garrisons really killed it for me. Been hearing good things about this one lately though, which is why I've been considering it.

Anyone ran ToS yet?

From the guides it looks like the biggest early co-ordination hurdle will be the Demonic Inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Haven't run Tomb yet but have our first guild bash on Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

I know a couple of people who have already cleared normal and they have said it's good but if you've cleared hc NH then the first 4 or 5 bosses are a breeze.

One of my mates was in a normal pug earlier and they kept wiping over and over on the Demonic Inquisition. Lowest they got was 20%.

So we shall see....

I really like the instance. It's big, in there is a lot of running between bosses and trash, but the design is really nice and the bosses themselves very enjoyable.

Cleared normal and 8/10HC which wasn't ideal, but for a two day raiding guild that had a mass exodus of core raiders only a few weeks ago, somewhat acceptable.

Can see a massive struggle in my current raid team come mythic with the stupidity of things that went on in heroic. It looks nicely tuned as well in that the tail end bosses were a challenge worthy enough for most in the first openings, so it wasn't a cakewalk.

Looking forward to my guild sorting it's **** out and start moving through mythic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Nice

My guild hasnt rebuilt after its heroic exodus a few months ago so I will start looking for a new one. I got into a mythic guild as a social but I am not at that level and cant commit to 3 nights a week so off I go again to find a 2 night a week heroic guild.
    Will be interesting.

Ran a few bosses with a normal pug yesterday, i really like the instance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

7.3 just showed up on the PTR.

Kiith wrote: »
    7.3 just showed up on the PTR.

Lots of tasty things in it, Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon are back.

Should be an interesting patch.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lots of tasty things in it, Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon are back.

Yeah, it's only taken 21 years :P

The catchup mechanics really do make it easier now. Only takes 3 hours for a research note, so i can get my main to 40 pretty soon, with an alt or two to follow not far afterwards. Played a bit over the weekend, and enjoying messing around with my Warlock who i've not played much in a while. Just going through the Broken Shore quests, and will do some LFR this week.

Also, really enjoy the Death of Chromie scenario, even if it is near impossible before you get the later talents.

I'm leveling a Blood DK at the moment and i feel they are gonna be OP when i hit 110.

They're a lot of fun so far.

The bdk is alot of fun and alot stronger now than at the start of Legion. Recomend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been leveling a Unholy DK, love the AOE damage, I have been dealing more damage than tanks in some dungeons.

DK has been a really good class this expansion. Unholy is back as the go to raid PvE DPS spec, after Frost was best in Nighthold.

Blood had some issues in raid tiers but looks ok now, but has been a really enjoyable fun tank throughout the expansion, especially in Mythic +. DK is now my main alt (horde side) and really happy to finally have settled on an alt. It's always been a class I loved, this expansion just nailed it as my prio alt after so much hoping. Was even maining it for a while.

Killed Goroth Mythic last night after a lot of grief and silly wiping.But I suppose nice start for the reformation. See how we go as the tier progress', defo some issues with players already showing up on such an easy boss.

Personally I'm in a weird space, havn't felt comfortable on my lock since patch and my DPs is really plummeting : /

I've got into a streaming schedule now, you can catch me raiding @ http://www.twitch.tv/furyio Monday, Tuesday,Thursday 20:30 - 23:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I lost interest in Legion. A good expansion, but it feels too busy for my liking. Maybe that's because I don't have time to raid this expansion, at all?

There just seems to be so much time required to get your character to any sort of respectable state - and after years of jumping between alts because multiple classes are fun and I don't like being restricted.

Also, the game has changed. A lot. I don't like the removal of so many spells. Lots of class flavour has been lost of the years.

Good to see you're still raiding and streaming though, Doc!

MagicIRL wrote: »

Good to see you're still raiding and streaming though, Doc!

Yeah Legion is my perfect expansion at the wrong time. We had a second daughter arrive two weeks after launch. You'd swear I was in method the way I was levelling mains and alts and doing content, probably knowing I had to pack it all in early :D

Only came back raiding in Nighthold and was happy with mythic progress and my own developement. Seem to have hit a wall so need to figure out how to push on a bit more now in terms of my own play. In terms of our guild, putting this tier down to levelling the boat and getting a core team towards Argus.

Below is our Goroth kill, a fight I didn't feel was difficult but took three hours to prog and died 5 mins before raid end

Do really need to take a step back and look at what I'm doing since patch. 900k min is really where I feel I should be at, but getting 1m more consistently as my min dps.

The changes to affliction in theory shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm having a real struggle managing shards since the changes

haha turn up for raid last night, pulled into private chat by officers, RL and GL, given news, then announce to entire raid team that guild is stopping progression.

Officers don't have the drive to rebuild and keep it going. And after Goroth mythic don't blame them.

Thankfully got myself a new guild last night, another two night guild. Not mental progress but suits the times I'm available. So the streaming and raiding continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

My 2-day Mythic guild folded during Legion too.

I think the AP grind and insane patch notes have just broken people. The content seems great, and the instances look fantastic, but something about Legion is clearly pushing people away from raiding.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My 2-day Mythic guild folded during Legion too.

I think the AP grind and insane patch notes have just broken people. The content seems great, and the instances look fantastic, but something about Legion is clearly pushing people away from raiding.

Well for us it was just burnout for the officers. The guild had a serious high level core of players when I joined, players way too good for a 2 day guild but were happy playing with friends. They were frequently posting top 100 ranks on mythic, as a group achieving high ranked execution times and were pretty much server 1st/2nd.

Guild drama meant like 16/17 of those present on Guldan Mythic kill left. So its just too big a rebuild job they feel and they are right. Some trials have looked ok, some look horrible, some need work. On the server we are on its tough to get recruits of any quality.

So I'm back on Ravencrest, after spending about 80 quid a few months back trasnfering characters haha

Anyone know of any way to get artifact catchup compendiums sent to a toon on another realm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I enjoyed legion quite a bit, played for about 2 months after release and quit as i could not find a suitable guild.
    Blizz are offering me 7 days free so i might jump back in for a bit.
    I have 4 toons at max level but since i enjoy healing a lot im wondering what state healers are in at the moment?

priest,monk and shammy at max level would like to focus on one of them as a healer.

Dcully wrote: »
    I enjoyed legion quite a bit, played for about 2 months after release and quit as i could not find a suitable guild.
    Blizz are offering me 7 days free so i might jump back in for a bit.
    I have 4 toons at max level but since i enjoy healing a lot im wondering what state healers are in at the moment?

priest,monk and shammy at max level would like to focus on one of them as a healer.

Have a Resto Shammy, they're in great shape at the moment.

Holy priest is ok atm too, not as powerful or wanted as the R shammy and both are a good bit behind the R druid (what a surprise).

Give it a lash and see how you get on. Alot of guilds looking for people atm so have a poke on the forums beforehand to gauge interest too.

• Advertisement

Took the plunge and bought Legion. The questing and zones seem pretty cool so far!

Advertisement