Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The light can eat one, self righteous zealots!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I did LFR Nighthold and Tomb of Sergeras this weekend. Very nice zones. I really like the Nighthold.

Not really enjoying Argus too much - It's a bit too Sci-Fi for me - plus my poor Warlock keeps getting told how bad daemons and fel energy are while I'm blasting the indigenous with green fire and petting my Doomguard.

Fúck the light! :pac:

Currently going through ToS at 7/9M and have to say have not had one encounter yet that I find, personally, difficult. Or something I couldn't understand within a few pulls.

It's merciless though in terms of one person making a mistake tends to cause a wipe. So it's pretty unforgiving.

Definitely enjoyed Nighthold and liking ToS. The raid content has really been delivering the last couple of years. Class balance issues aside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheDoc wrote: »
    Currently going through ToS at 7/9M and have to say have not had one encounter yet that I find, personally, difficult. Or something I couldn't understand within a few pulls.

It's merciless though in terms of one person making a mistake tends to cause a wipe. So it's pretty unforgiving.

Definitely enjoyed Nighthold and liking ToS. The raid content has really been delivering the last couple of years. Class balance issues aside

I definitely miss mythic progress but more than that I miss my WoD Mistweaver Monk. That was the most fun I had on a class, and looking back, it's why I raided because I enjoyed everything the class could offer.

That single pre-patch killed it for me, and even now that my Monk is 110, I cannot bring myself to play Mistweaver because every time I do I am glaringly reminded of what I used to be. And that just upsets me, in a way, especially when I put so much time into a class and spec.

I do enjoy the open world with my Warlock though, still after all these years riding the Dreadsteed that I bound to my will in Dire Maul :pac:, but I can't imagine me continuing on much more once I run out of quests to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing the last 2 months and im burnt out again.
    Argus is crap imho.
    Not enough to keep me subbed after time runs out in 20 days.

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing the last 2 months and im burnt out again.
    Argus is crap imho.
    Not enough to keep me subbed after time runs out in 20 days.

I bought Destiny 2 today so i think i'm gonna put WoW on the backburner for a while.

• Advertisement

Im waiting on Destiny 2 on PC,, meanwhile i started to play warframe as a lot of people say its better than destiny.

Im addicted, game is amazing, serious amount of depth to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really need to get in Warframe. Everyone says that there's a set of missions that are one of the best across any game (Second Dream), and i really want to try it. Wanted to start again as i've no idea what the hell was happening (played it a bit 2 odd years ago), but you don't seem to be able to.

Might give it a proper go at the weekend.

Completed second dream over the weekend, was OMG time.
    Still not unlocked all planets yet so the real loot hunt hasnt begun in earnest yet.
    Really amazing game, i ignored it for so long because of the F2P model but more fool me.
    Hell of a deep game btw, some veteran players say they are still learning everyday after 2 years playing.
    Great community too.

sorry to go OT.

TFW you finish your second raid night, in your two day a week guild, bottlenecked on Mistress farm, and get no Maiden progress </3

Unsubscribed... again.

Played through WoW: Star Trek edition. Got fed up being a space alien and being told how great the light is.

Plus Total War Warhammer II came out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lacee1986

Unsubscribed... again.

Played through WoW: Star Trek edition. Got fed up being a space alien and being told how great the light is.

Plus Total War Warhammer II came out :pac:

Actually, you can realize that the light isn't that great at all from the cinematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Glebee

The last few days have been really tempted to resub.. Somebody talk me out of it please..

The stuff coming out of Blizzcon is promising. I like the premise of the next expansion and WoW Classic sounds like it could really be fun. I wonder will it have another subscription?

I am praying for 5 day Alterac Valley again :pac:

The stuff coming out of Blizzcon is promising. I like the premise of the next expansion and WoW Classic sounds like it could really be fun. I wonder will it have another subscription?

I am praying for 5 day Alterac Valley again :pac:

Have to say I found the whole thing underwhelming. Normal I get super hyped for an expansion and while the cinematic was brilliant, up there with WOTLK for me, the features reel I was like "er....."

The announcement of another artifact style item causing an endless grind (and it is a grind, as much as they might profess you can't be a raider and NOT bother you hole grinding AP) was a massive disappointment. I thought they might have seen the mass exodus of top players and guilds and figured "ok we went to hard here" and instead there is another one. Not sure I'm hot on that prospect.

WoW Classic isn't an overly interesting idea to me. I got those private server craic, and after a few hours was like "why am I doing this".

The only people, I believe, that get hot and bothered about Vanilla were either

a) People who joined the game late and never experienced Vanilla
    or
    b) People who harp back for the nostalgia, not realising it was only in the moment, that you will never get that back because of how it was such a unique game at the time it came out

Went cap in had to support this morning to see would they give me any game time. They gave me 7 free days after which Ill probally be bored again and forget about WOW for another year. Im still back on Warlords of Draenor content though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

resubbed after some time off about 1.5 months ago. Cancelled again at the weekend.
    Argus is ok but nothing to write home about so just done again for now.

I'll probably end up jumping back in at some random point when I'm bored, but not any time soon.

Might actually finish some of my single player games now..

Was gonna unsub as i havent played it in about 3 weeks, but got my mail from Paypal to say my sub renewed..... D'oh!

Ah well Antorus is in 3 weeks time....

The announcement of another artifact style item causing an endless grind (and it is a grind, as much as they might profess you can't be a raider and NOT bother you hole grinding AP) was a massive disappointment. I thought they might have seen the mass exodus of top players and guilds and figured "ok we went to hard here" and instead there is another one. Not sure I'm hot on that prospect.

Have to agree here. They scrapped the old talent tress because it was too cookie-cutter. Then introduced Artifact weapons which were just Talent Trees 2.0 (and were ****e, too) and it got absurd with the amount of required grinding. No-one minds having to grind rep to unlock an Exalted bit of armour, but it is optional. The stupid weapon grind was tied exactly into how your character was tuned to play.
    WoW Classic isn't an overly interesting idea to me. I got those private server craic, and after a few hours was like "why am I doing this".

The only people, I believe, that get hot and bothered about Vanilla were either

a) People who joined the game late and never experienced Vanilla
    or
    b) People who harp back for the nostalgia, not realising it was only in the moment, that you will never get that back because of how it was such a unique game at the time it came out

The rose tinted glasses brigade that are flooding reddit are in for some land when they remember all the bugs, the town by town flight point, single stack mail, unlinked auction houses etc.

Saying that - actually having a local community like Vanilla is what appeals to most. I want to try it because my favourite aspect of the game is levelling up with quests and dungeons - and that's just so easy, even at the latest content, that it's no fun. At least in Vanilla you had to CC the thrash! :D

Weapons skills lads, people always forget about weapon skills :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Kiith wrote: »

i remember switching to a sword rogue in vanilla and never being able to hit anything for a while because i never used swords before :pac:

• Advertisement

Bareknuckle boxing your way through The Stockade in case someone disarmed you in a battleground :pac:

Christ. Running back to the starting area to get your weapon skill up.

Oh the memories people, the memories.

I'd say I will go onto it and play it, my mates were talking last night saying we will defo check it out.

But I'd imagine the novelty will wear of quickly, not having LFD, group finder, multi specs, absolutely grinding for gold, no flying. It's hardly a game condusive for our group now, as late 20 year old adults, as opposed to when we were mid teenagers when it first came out.

Saw the 13th year anniversary is next week? ...13 years subbed and playing, my god.

I'd say I will go onto it and play it, my mates were talking last night saying we will defo check it out.

But I'd imagine the novelty will wear of quickly, not having LFD, group finder, multi specs, absolutely grinding for gold, no flying. It's hardly a game condusive for our group now, as late 20 year old adults, as opposed to when we were mid teenagers when it first came out.

Saw the 13th year anniversary is next week? ...13 years subbed and playing, my god.

10 years last month for me. My God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

I loved vanilla, defintely some of the most epic gameplaying experiences i have ever experienced. But that was because it was the first time I played an MMO, first time I killed a boss (raggy) that had required months of preparation to overcome, along with 40 other people who were all cheering on TS along with me.

Vanilla wow would not bring those experiences back, you only get your "first" once.

I played from vanilla to mists of panderia, loved it, left it mainly because it was eating up too much of my time.

For those who join: Good luck with gathering fire res gear :)

They should not use wow 1.0, maybe 1.8 or something like that, or whatever the final patch was before 2.0

And actually naxx was great, maybe they should use that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Endless, ENDLESS days in Scarlet Monastery leveling unarmed skill. Good times indeed.
    Fian wrote: »
    I loved vanilla, defintely some of the most epic gameplaying experiences i have ever experienced. But that was because it was the first time I played an MMO, first time I killed a boss (raggy) that had required months of preparation to overcome, along with 40 other people who were all cheering on TS along with me.

Being allowed to tank the giants as an enhancement shaman because MC finally became second nature to us. Stoneskin Totem ftw.

Fian wrote: »
    And actually naxx was great, maybe they should use that too.

Best thing about Naxx was knocking people off:

Noxin wrote: »
    Endless, ENDLESS days in Scarlet Monastery leveling unarmed skill. Good times indeed.

Speaking of SM...god, remember the journey to get there as Aliance? It was bad enough to actually get to the entrance, never mind the lvl60 horde who was inevitably there ganking everone.

Or the Warlock pet quests. I still remember making my way through the Barrens for the Succubus (or Void, whichever it was). Never paid as much attention to my surroundings as then, trying to avoid any and all contact.

Or that first step through the cavern in the Deadmines :eek:

Good times indeed :P

Assuming you didn't get nuked through a wall from one of those Fireball Mages that liked to path the small village outside the cave entrance. :D

Speaking of SM...god, remember the journey to get there as Aliance? It was bad enough to actually get to the entrance, never mind the lvl60 horde who was inevitably there ganking everone.

Or the Warlock pet quests. I still remember making my way through the Barrens for the Succubus (or Void, whichever it was). Never paid as much attention to my surroundings as then, trying to avoid any and all contact.

Good times indeed :P

That deadmines instance was just epic with the ship at the end....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Glebee wrote: »
    That deadmines instance was just epic with the ship at the end....

First instance i ever did, far as I remember. I remember it taking hours and loving every minute of it. Didn't have a clue what I was doing! :pac:

Advertisement