Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Anntoinette

xboxdad wrote: »
    AFAIK it's going to be a future phase of Parkside. It is not yet clear if it's apartment blocks or houses.

Thank you so much AFAIK for your reply. It is much appreciated. I am a bit concerned they may make The Boulevard a drive through from the M50 to Portmarnock Baldoyle and Howth. At the moment the route to Portmarnock is via Fingal Cemetery and The Moyne Road. This a one lane road to start transitioning to a winding one towards Portmarnock/Baldoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

AFAIK it's going to be a future phase of Parkside. It is not yet clear if it's apartment blocks or houses.

Yes, that's what I heard as well. Does anyone also know what is happening to that rather rough triangular patch of land to the far eastern corner of Parkside Heath (top of Hole in the wall road)? It is very unsightly at the moment, with a boarded up house in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Yeah, it should be demolished at least. AFAIK the owner doesn't want to sell it to Cairn so they can't do anything about it.

Thank you so much AFAIK for your reply. It is much appreciated. I am a bit concerned they may make The Boulevard a drive through from the M50 to Portmarnock Baldoyle and Howth. At the moment the route to Portmarnock is via Fingal Cemetery and The Moyne Road. This a one lane road to start transitioning to a winding one towards Portmarnock/Baldoyle.

I haven't heard about this possibility yet. I suggest that you join the Parkside Facebook group and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thais C

Hi guys,

We just booked a terraced house in Parkside but are a bit concerned about the noise - not intrahouse but neighboring houses. Is there anyone who could give us an honest opinion on this?
    Thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 139

Hi Thais,

We are living mid-terrace and we were really concerned about this before we moved in. Honestly you can hear nothing. You can hear sounds from within our house but nothing from next door. Soundproofing is really good. There are no sockets on adjoining walls.

Congratulations on buying a home. Request to join the private facebook group. Loads of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

Hi Guys,
    I haven't been on-site for about 6 months. Does anyone know if the construction of the 2 new schools has commenced and/or what the target completion date is?
    Considering buying but the schoold situation could be a show-stopper in our case.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

What 2 new schools are planned? Both primary?

mambo wrote: »
    What 2 new schools are planned? Both primary?

I'm not sure, but they're not new schools, just new buildings.
    The two temporary buildings will be demolished and the existing schools will get moved into the new building(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

I'm not sure, but they're not new schools, just new buildings.
    The two temporary buildings will be demolished and the existing schools will get moved into the new building(s).

Yes, that's my understanding also. Educate Together and St. Francis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dunne123

We got a further pushback from Cairn today. Snagging date was Nov and has been pushed back to Feb 2018. Very frustrating since original date was June/July. Anyone else here in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm not (yet) but it seems to be across the board from all developers. Many people putting down deposits today will be lucky to be in by summer 18 in some of the developments in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 margou

Hi everyone,

Just put down a deposit for an F1 type, due to be ready in Spring 2018, I'm not from the area so I would like to ask a few things,

- Is anyone using the dart to commute? and if so does it get jammed in the morning? would you get a seat? thinking about travelling at 7am - I got the dart to clongriffin before at 6pm and it wasn't packed at all. Just wondering about the mornings.

- does anyone use the 27X ? and how long does it take to get to town?

- Do you consider the area safe? For example getting back home late at night,

- I noticed there isn't a town center, where do people usually go out for drinking / meals / coffee?

- For those who bought before knowing about the social housing plans in Ayrfield - would you still buy it if you knew this beforehand?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guzgan

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any news on the phase 3 houses in Parkside ? Phase 2 was just sold out and phase 3 was pending planning permissions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

It's planning ref: 3486/17. (It's called Phase 2C)

Some additional information was reqested by DCC and it was provided by the developer. I can see this being approved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guzgan

Thanks for the tip !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Owlet

Hi - new to this thread and house hunting! Just wondering if anyone knows what is currently available and planned at Parkside? Interested in 4 bed semi. Have registered interest but not heard back yet.

How do people find the dart commute?

Thanks in advance! Happy New Year!

Owlet wrote: »
    Hi - new to this thread and house hunting! Just wondering if anyone knows what is currently available and planned at Parkside? Interested in 4 bed semi. Have registered interest but not heard back yet.

AFAIK Phase 2 sold out and Phase 3 is not selling yet. I'd expect them to start selling Phase 3 soon though.

(Can't comment on the commute, we're not in yet.)

Happy New Year & good luck with the house hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Owlet

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it. Do you know how many phases there will be in total? Worried we might not be able to get our existing house sold in time for phase 3....

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it. Do you know how many phases there will be in total? Worried we might not be able to get our existing house sold in time for phase 3....

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Phase 3 is the last.
    FYI they broke Phase 2 up into 2a and 2b and its sales spanned around 6 months if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 janul

Hi,
    I have question to anyone who already owns a house in parkside. Is the land on leashold or freehold?
    Thanks,
    Jnl

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah_keegs

Just wondering if you ever got an answer on the strictness of the solicitors on the three week/21 day signing deadline?

Also, anybody have an update on when houses due to be complete in 'Spring 2018' might be ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123Katie

Hi,

Does anyone know how much the 3 bedroom homes at Parkside will be going for in phase 3 or how much they are expected to go for?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

is there apartments being built here also?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123Katie

crby wrote: »
    is there apartments being built here also?

Yes I was told two and three bedroom duplexs are also being built

https://www.parksidehomes.ie/ says:

New Phase Launching April 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I've registered my interest for the new phase launching. I'm just wondering if anybody knows how much the price has changed from phase one to now.

Also do people find they are on top of each other? I don't like clongriffin for that reason. Also I hate the on street parking that a lot of houses have.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I've registered my interest for the new phase launching. I'm just wondering if anybody knows how much the price has changed from phase one to now.

Also do people find they are on top of each other? I don't like clongriffin for that reason. Also I hate the on street parking that a lot of houses have.

I suggest that you drive around a little in Robswalls. It's a prestigious development in Malahide with prices starting around 550-600k. You'll appreciate the amount of space (roads, parking) Parkside offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Jwacqui wrote: »

Every house in Parkside has 2 car spaces minimum.
    Some driveways can even fit 3 cars. There are also some visitor parking spaces dotted around the place. It's a roomy development by today's standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Brilliant!! Thanks for the help guys! Waiting on the information for phase 3. I’m on the mailing list. Can I ask when the houses were released was there queuing for days like at Silverbanks

Advertisement