Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

GDK_11 wrote: »
    http://parksidehomes.ie

Prices range from 320k according to this, although I'm sure it said 340k when I last checked

Maybe encouragement I suppose to undercut with your offer. Slim pickings left at this stage though it would appear, only 3 mid-terraces and I semi-d (the one with no driveway) left when I called in today for viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beaumum

Hi!

We are due to move onto Parkside in the next few weeks - very excited that we are on the final countdown!

Could somebody who is already living in the estate be able to advise me if it is possible to get SKY TV in the estate?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Yes, you can get sky.

BTW, you should join the Parkside Facebook group - just search for "Parkside,Balgriffin". It's a private group and one of the admins will check your address before allowing you join but it's great resource and a chance to meet your new neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beaumum

Thanks Goodbridge for getting back to me re. my SKY query and many thanks for the tip re. the Parkside group - didnt even know it existed! Will join up, as you say, it will be a great way to get to know the area and the people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sod2017

Hi
    I have put a deposit down on a B type 3 bed house, does anyone know how much did it cost to get wooden floors in the sitting room and the three bed rooms? Also, to get carpet on the stairs and landing? Is there anyone that you can recommend or does anyone know who put the floors down in the show house? I'm trying to work out my budget ðŸ˜႒ Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AVISB

Hi folks. Are there secondary schools nearby Parkside? Would Malahide Community School be the closest and would Parkside be within the catchment area? Thanks for any inputs. AB

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

Sod2017 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have put a deposit down on a B type 3 bed house, does anyone know how much did it cost to get wooden floors in the sitting room and the three bed rooms? Also, to get carpet on the stairs and landing? Is there anyone that you can recommend or does anyone know who put the floors down in the show house? I'm trying to work out my budget ðŸ˜႒ Thanks so much

I know carpet for stairs and landing at max €599, <mod snip: as per forum charter, no company recommendations on thread please>

Not sure yet for wood flooring

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sod2017

[quote="andreip;102892318"

Great thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Any updates on contracts for anyone who has already paid booking deposit on properties in Parkside Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any updates on contracts for anyone who has already paid booking deposit on properties in Parkside Place?

Was informed about 2 weeks ago that:
      • They've broken ground on the site
      • Had a few delays but now it's underway
      • Contracts going out this month (builders waiting on receipts from a few other parties)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6 ta84

Does anyone know anything about the new apartment blocks being built just up the road? I heard from someone who lives in Belmayne that there will be a lot of social housing in that development and that they were starting a petition in Belmayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harriet1982

Sod2017 wrote: »
      Hi

You can actually contact <mod snip: recommendations by pm only please> for floor price, we got 3 beds and living room plus stairs (with carpet) for about 2817 (type B house), as the same quality as the show house, she also offer a cheaper quality with about half of this price.

Hopefully it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bluesmaug

Contracts have been sent on Wednesday.

Got a mail from the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bluesmaug

ta84 wrote: »
      Does anyone know anything about the new apartment blocks being built just up the road? I heard from someone who lives in Belmayne that there will be a lot of social housing in that development and that they were starting a petition in Belmayne.

As far as I know, there are a lot of social housing in Belmayne Estate itself.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/dublin-ghost-estate-of-belmayne-redeveloped-for-social-housing-1.2269968

I was in contact with someone who lives in Belmayne and they said there are plans by the DCC to build 150 social units opposite the existing apartments being built at the moment at the entrance to Belmayne on the Malahide Rd. There has been no real planning gone into the project, they are just reacting in a panicked way to the homeless crisis. There are plenty of grounds for objection. Residents in Belmayne are currently working on a petition, which i'm sure will be posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ta84 wrote: »
      I was in contact with someone who lives in Belmayne and they said there are plans by the DCC to build 150 social units opposite the existing apartments being built at the moment at the entrance to Belmayne on the Malahide Rd. There has been no real planning gone into the project, they are just reacting in a panicked way to the homeless crisis. There are plenty of grounds for objection. Residents in Belmayne are currently working on a petition, which i'm sure will be posted here.

Mod note

If it's posted here it will be deleted. The accommodation and property forum is for all stakeholders in accommodation and property including those in need of/living in social housing. Sharing a petition directly seeking to prevent social housing being developed at a time when there is an acute shortage of social housing would fly against the spirit of the forum.

I understand the shortage of social housing concerns. I’m just sharing information that was provided to me. I am buying a property in this development and want to know exactly what being built in the my area where I will spend the next 10 or 20 years and I think other people would feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wayguk

Hi everyone,

what are options for broadband providers in Parkside?
      Has anyone considered sharing wifi with the neighbouring house to save cost if neither are heavy consumers?

wayguk wrote: »
      Hi everyone,

what are options for broadband providers in Parkside?
      Has anyone considered sharing wifi with the neighbouring house to save cost if neither are heavy consumers?

Houses are wired for Virgin Media and Eir I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tangled up in blue

What is the story with visitor parking spaces? There really doesn't seem to be any at all, looking at the plans/elevations etc on Dublin City council website, which by the way is well worth looking at

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

What is the story with visitor parking spaces? There really doesn't seem to be any at all, looking at the plans/elevations etc on Dublin City council website, which by the way is well worth looking at

Got a link there chief? Go raibh míle maith agat

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tangled up in blue

Search for Dublin City Council planning section and enter 2679/16 under "Planning reference".
      Boards.ie doesn't seem to let me include link

Is mise le meas

Hi,

Anyone with any experience with the builders replacing fixtures or adjustments for your house before it’s complete?

We are looking to replace the tiles in the bathrooms upstairs. Does anyone have any experience with this? Did the builders fit them for you or did you have to employ your own tiler?

Also has anyone asked for spot lights in their kitchen or bathrooms to be installed rather what they supply in the show house?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

If the Parkside developer says completion date is August/September, what's the absolute latest it could get done in your opition? (I'm asking because of the tight loan offer validity period)

Anyone got contracts for houses to be finished in Aug/Sept?

I'm still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deedee34

We are buying house in phase 3 parkside. Orginal move in date was supposed to be july/august. We have recently been told that this is now delayed until November. Does anyone know the reason for this? Is anyone else affected my this?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

We are in the same position. Apparently they have to build them in the opposite order, so someone told NOV finish will now get in by August while we have to wait longer.
      Deedee34 wrote: »
      We are buying house in phase 3 parkside. Orginal move in date was supposed to be july/august. We have recently been told that this is now delayed until November. Does anyone know the reason for this? Is anyone else affected my this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kor86

Hi 
      We're hoping to get our keys for our house in Parkside next week. I'm wondering if anyone can provide tips for gas & electricity connection? Any opinions on the best company/companies to go with? Also, is the connection already set up and you just need to phone to sign up or does someone need to come out to the house to connect you?
      Thanks a mill :)

Looking to join the Parkside Facebook group but haven't received a pm? Anyone else have the same issue?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

AVISB wrote: »
      Hi folks. Are there secondary schools nearby Parkside? Would Malahide Community School be the closest and would Parkside be within the catchment area? Thanks for any inputs. AB
      Grange Community College would probably be nearest, it's just the far side of Hole in the Wall road.
      It's catchment area runs as far as the Malahide Rd, so it should cover you.

http://www.grangecc.ie/

Advertisement