Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

I've emailed both Carin and Hooke & MacDonald regarding available houses in Parkside.

Carin just sent an email back saying Hooke & MacDonal will follow up, but I've not heard anything back.

Does anyone know if there are still houses available?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

I saw a price list for July a while back.
    Prices were starting at 380k for a 3 bed and 455k for a 4 bed.
    These would be mid terrace, so the end of terrace and semi-d houses would be 25-30k more depending on their orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

I discussed the social housing allocation with EA. The response I received was that as per the initial information they have from Cairn for this phase there will be no allocation of social housing. However, this might be true only for the houses and might not be applicable for the planned releases of duplexes and apartments.

In addition, Cairn have more development planned of bigger apartment (5 storied) and duplex blocks in the vacant land closer to the Main Street near New Priory in the future phases. My concern is more allocation of social housing in these apartments and duplexes to meet the 10% quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

I discussed the social housing allocation with EA. The response I received was that as per the initial information they have from Cairn for this phase there will be no allocation of social housing. However, this might be true only for the houses and might not be applicable for the planned releases of duplexes and apartments.

In addition, Cairn have more development planned of bigger apartment (5 storied) and duplex blocks in the vacant land closer to the Main Street near New Priory in the future phases. My concern is more allocation of social housing in these apartments and duplexes to meet the 10% quota.

All new estates have some social housing. I don’t think you’ll be able to identify the units. What’s your specific concern? I can’t say I’ve noticed much anti-social behaviour here other than the usual bored teens. You can’t control who your neighbours will be, private or social. Either could end up a nightmare. We’re surrounded by lovely neighbours here and I’ve no idea if they own their homes or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

I've emailed both Carin and Hooke & MacDonald regarding available houses in Parkside.

Carin just sent an email back saying Hooke & MacDonal will follow up, but I've not heard anything back.

Does anyone know if there are still houses available?

4bed gone.
    3bed as listed below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

BEdS_83 wrote: »
    4bed gone.
    3bed as listed below.

did anyone notice that amount of ads selling house at Parkside square, that got me curious, it's like 3 ads in the last 30 days or so, is it about the school? maybe traffic during the peak time..

Col_30 wrote: »
    All new estates have some social housing. I don’t think you’ll be able to identify the units. What’s your specific concern? I can’t say I’ve noticed much anti-social behaviour here other than the usual bored teens. You can’t control who your neighbours will be, private or social. Either could end up a nightmare. We’re surrounded by lovely neighbours here and I’ve no idea if they own their homes or not.

Great to hear the excellent community spirit in Parkside and we are exactly looking for the same environment for our small family. We are perfectly fine with social housing in new estates. The only concern is to have the social housing spread throughout the development as orignally envisaged and not concerntrated in a single place/block.

Would someone be able to PM me any solicitors they've dealt with for Parkside?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Has anyone been given any indication as to when the houses in the new phase will be ready for move in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Has anyone been given any indication as to when the houses in the new phase will be ready for move in?

I heard November for snagging.

• Advertisement

Would someone be able to PM me any solicitors they've dealt with for Parkside?

Do you mean on the vendor side or buyer side?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dhruvrai

Hello guys,

Thank you for answering my questions.

The Ref No. to the planning permission of the phase 5B is 3791/18

Search for Dublin city council permissions and add that number to find the complete documents and inch by inch measurement of everything.

According to the plan, I can see that there will be houses in west side future development and Duplexes in the south side.

Parkside also got the permission to build 282 Apartments opposite side of the road towards north. So the major social housing might be concentrated over there if there were any.

Anyone in the C-type converted their Attic? Can someone please post a picture after conversion? :)

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Do you mean on the vendor side or buyer side?

Buyer side. Would be greatly appreciated.

EA mentioned target is Dec 2020 however minor delay should be expected.

EA mentioned target is Dec 2020 however minor delay should be expected.

Last I got from EA was "November for snagging" so I guess this times with Dec 2020 for moving in.

Buyer side. Would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had a sniff about contracts yet and EA hasn't asked me for solicitor details so holding off a bit. Have he/she nudged you for solicitor details?

To answer your question - you are best to go with a friend/family member's solicitor they can vouch for. In my experience it's best to pay a bit more as you need the solicitor to MOVE FAST given how slow and inefficient the whole process of buying is.

The worst case scenario is you are paying the mortgage and you don't have the keys yet. This happened to me once believe or not.

I've been requested to provide solicitor details but no talks of contracts just yet.

Would hate to pay and not have keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 takichi15

We have been told that they are running a little late, but contracts should be sent by the end of this week.

Question: Is it normal that houses pay for Service charges of ~250Euro (owner management company) just because the phase has appartments/duplexes? Previous phases in Parkside did not have any management company.

Keep me posted on contracts and I will update thread when my solicitor notifies me.

It is not normal to pay management charges for houses but in fairness area looks to be kept well. AFAIK it doesn't cover bins though.

I guess a few of us could volunteer of a Saturday and look after it ourselves and get rid of the charge ? I assume we will have voting rights, AGM etc.

takichi15 wrote: »
    We have been told that they are running a little late, but contracts should be sent by the end of this week.

Question: Is it normal that houses pay for Service charges of ~250Euro (owner management company) just because the phase has appartments/duplexes? Previous phases in Parkside did not have any management company.

There's quite a lot of green/flowers in the area. I would imagine it's for general upkeep of the area? Never owned a home before but I'd imagine there'd be an AGM alright.

If contracts get sorted now, does that mean the mortgage would start even though the houses won't be built until December/January?

• Advertisement

There's quite a lot of green/flowers in the area. I would imagine it's for general upkeep of the area? Never owned a home before but I'd imagine there'd be an AGM alright.

If contracts get sorted now, does that mean the mortgage would start even though the houses won't be built until December/January?

Not at this stage. The initial contracts (i.e. the ones I referenced above) are at the first round to make the deal binding i.e. if you or the seller pull out after this stage there will be financial penalties for the instigating party. The deal will be sealed at a later stage (with another round of contracts) and then the mortgage is drawn down. Your solicitor will explain the process and sequencing of events.

I can't emphasise the importance of good communication with your solicitor to check in on all the moving pieces. The sale agreed > sold > keys in hand process is BANANAS. :) I've actually never understood fully how it all works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi all, my partner and I were hoping to buy one of the new homes in the new phase but were given the run around by the bank. We've now gone today to put down a deposit and have been informed this phase is now sold out. Understandably heartbroken as we were hoping this would be our first home.

However, we've been watching very closely on this thread and in close contact with H&M but we never saw the homes on Walker Row, Walker Grove and Parkside Gardens advertised. Are we losing our minds? And if they haven't been sold privately, does anyone know where they were sold?

Hi all, my partner and I were hoping to buy one of the new homes in the new phase but were given the run around by the bank. We've now gone today to put down a deposit and have been informed this phase is now sold out. Understandably heartbroken as we were hoping this would be our first home.

However, we've been watching very closely on this thread and in close contact with H&M but we never saw the homes on Walker Row, Walker Grove and Parkside Gardens advertised. Are we losing our minds? And if they haven't been sold privately, does anyone know where they were sold?

1. Never put emotion into buying a home. Think of it as a business deal. Putting emotion into it can make you do things like bid more than it's worth. Property purchases sometimes fall through so they should have a cancellation list that you can be placed on.

2. You should pay a booking deposit even if you don't have mortgage approval (but are confident you will get one). Estate agents will lie through their teeth to get you to sign so string them along as much as you can. Worst case scenario: If you can't get the mortgage - the booking deposit is fully refundable.

Skirt around the issue of mortgage approval if they ask you. In my experience they rarely push on getting the letter which states you have mortgage approval. The booking deposit is the money they keep for their fee so don't care once funds have been transferred. If they press for the letter hold them off "Bank is sending letter through, lots of delays etc." and burn midnight oil on getting approval. Turnaround for banks is long at the moment but EA accepted mortgage approval from me before from an email I had with a bank manager asking me to come in and talk about a mortgage.

3. If you tell EA you are not mortgage approved or going through mortgage approval process they will push you to the end of their list and answer you last. When new homes become available - they will have a pool of "mortgage approved" people to contact. This is how I found out about Parkside Gardens as previous estate I wanted was gone by the time I finished my pool of viewings. You are not a priority of them - remember they are sales people and just want deals closed.

bbehan202 wrote: »
    1. Never put emotion into buying a home. Think of it as a business deal. Putting emotion into it can make you do things like bid more than it's worth. Property purchases sometimes fall through so they should have a cancellation list that you can be placed on.

2. You should pay a booking deposit even if you don't have mortgage approval (but are confident you will get one). Estate agents will lie through their teeth to get you to sign so string them along as much as you can. Worst case scenario: If you can't get the mortgage - the booking deposit is fully refundable.

Skirt around the issue of mortgage approval if they ask you. In my experience they rarely push on getting the letter which states you have mortgage approval. The booking deposit is the money they keep for their fee so don't care once funds have been transferred. If they press for the letter hold them off "Bank is sending letter through, lots of delays etc." and burn midnight oil on getting approval. Turnaround for banks is long at the moment but EA accepted mortgage approval from me before from an email I had with a bank manager asking me to come in and talk about a mortgage.

3. If you tell EA you are not mortgage approved or going through mortgage approval process they will push you to the end of their list and answer you last. When new homes become available - they will have a pool of "mortgage approved" people to contact. This is how I found out about Parkside Gardens as previous estate I wanted was gone by the time I finished my pool of viewings. You are not a priority of them - remember they are sales people and just want deals closed.

Appreciate your reply. We had a **** situation where we did not think we were going to get the approval until about a week ago.

On cancellation list now. Just hoping to hear what the story is with the roads named above if one becomes available.

FYI. I checked with EA for the properties on Walker Row and it was mentioned to me that the houses on Walker Row have not yet been released for sale and they expect these houses to be released by end of the year. Same might be applicable for Walker Grove.

However, best to my knowledge, houses on Parkside Gardens were first to release and are already booked.

FYI. I checked with EA for the properties on Walker Row and it was mentioned to me that the houses on Walker Row have not yet been released for sale and they expect these houses to be released by end of the year. Same might be applicable for Walker Grove.

However, best to my knowledge, houses on Parkside Gardens were first to release and are already booked.

Ah that is brilliant to hear! Thanks so much! Little bit of hope :)

For folks that's gone sale agreed on Parkside Gardens - has anyone got any update on contracts yet? Nothing on my side yet.

Still nothing on my side too!

Checking in again. Sweet f all here for me new gaff. Anyone else got contracts yet?

• Advertisement

Nothing here. Did you get news yourself?

Advertisement