Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

takichi15 wrote: »
    Nothing here. Did you get news yourself?

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

hey folks,

I've been watching closely the development of the new properties in Parkside. Was thinking between Parkside and Belltree, but maybe I overthought and all of them are sold out :|

But to give a bit of context, I've started checking some properties also in the Belmayne Estate, next to Parkside.

Have you heard anything unusual about the area?

The past two weeks I've seen a spike of apartments/houses ads on daft's. I'd say about 15-20ish. Is there something happening in there that everyone decided to sell their houses out of the blue?

I checked some old posts saying that there were some fire-related issues and residents some expensive bill for fixing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

Leozord wrote: »
    hey folks,

I've been watching closely the development of the new properties in Parkside. Was thinking between Parkside and Belltree, but maybe I overthought and all of them are sold out :|

But to give a bit of context, I've started checking some properties also in the Belmayne Estate, next to Parkside.

The past two weeks I've seen a spike of apartments/houses ads on daft's. I'd say about 15-20ish. Is there something happening in there that everyone decided to sell their houses out of the blue?

I checked some old posts saying that there were some fire-related issues and residents some expensive bill for fixing etc...

was asking myself the same, did you see how many houses were put for sale on Parkside Square? I think I counted 4 in the last 30 days +/- 1 sold already, 1 sale agreed and 2 still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

BEdS_83 wrote: »
    was asking myself the same, did you see how many houses were put for sale on Parkside Square? I think I counted 4 in the last 30 days +/- 1 sold already, 1 sale agreed and 2 still there.

I've counted nearly 15 sold in the last six months which seems a lot. I walk around there a lot so was hoping to try catch one of the sellers and ask why - can't do any harm to be a bit cheeky. Will keep you posted. :)

• Only 4 sold on PPR. See screenshot attached.
    • 7 in Belmayne

My guess is folks circumstances have changed due to COVID and are mortgage'd up to their eyeballs. I have been up there a few times and seems like a nice area.

If anyone knows anything else though would be interested to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

OK so here's my findings

Had a chat with two lads from work, was able to get some info. One lives inside Belmayne, another lives nearby but his brother lives in Parkside and, coincidentally, is selling his gaff as well.

It seems that the motivation for the people to sell their properties in Belmayne and Parkside are because of this: https://parksideblvdshdplanning.com/full-notice

Just across the road from Belmayne/Parkside, in the north side, there will be a big development of apartments. 282 new apartments from 1 to 3 bed, which according to one of the lads that live nearby, will be used for social housing.

I found a bit strange the fact that apartments have a such bad reputation in Ireland, but then he explained to me why, told me about the people that are not able to get a house for themselves, the dole thing etc. I'm not aware how social housing works and don't know if it is bad or not etc - you probably know way more than me.

Finally, the one who lives in Belmayne said good things about the place. It is nice, quiet, safe, his kids play on the street all day long etc. It seems to be a pretty chill part of the city. I read the stories of kids with balaclavas in Clongriffin (guess here on the board) but it seems to not happen anymore, at least not like 3-5 years ago, raiding into the train station etc.

Hope it helped a bit.

I don't know if I believe that people make decisions based on that. To up and move home for something that hasn't happened yet seems like a knee-jerk reaction - especially if you've moved in a year or two ago.

bbehan202 wrote: »
    • Only 4 sold on PPR. See screenshot attached.
    • 7 in Belmayne

My guess is folks circumstances have changed due to COVID and are mortgage'd up to their eyeballs. I have been up there a few times and seems like a nice area.

If anyone knows anything else though would be interested to hear.

My apologies - I meant listed rather than sold! I live in the area and it is quite nice and I'd have no hesitation buying. Just seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    I've counted nearly 15 sold in the last six months which seems a lot. I walk around there a lot so was hoping to try catch one of the sellers and ask why - can't do any harm to be a bit cheeky. Will keep you posted. :)

They’ll probably quite rightly tell you to mind your own business. So your detective work has come up with nothing. Maybe people are selling up because their circumstances have changed. It’s a huge estate. People have been buying/selling here since we moved in 3 years ago. This is normal. There’s no major issues in Parkside or Belmayne for that matter aside from the usual petty crime that blights all Dublin suburbs. There’s a higher percentage of social housing in Belmayne that puts people off. But I couldn’t tell you exactly where before you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

OK so here's my findings

Had a chat with two lads from work, was able to get some info. One lives inside Belmayne, another lives nearby but his brother lives in Parkside and, coincidentally, is selling his gaff as well.

It seems that the motivation for the people to sell their properties in Belmayne and Parkside are because of this: https://parksideblvdshdplanning.com/full-notice

Just across the road from Belmayne/Parkside, in the north side, there will be a big development of apartments. 282 new apartments from 1 to 3 bed, which according to one of the lads that live nearby, will be used for social housing.

I found a bit strange the fact that apartments have a such bad reputation in Ireland, but then he explained to me why, told me about the people that are not able to get a house for themselves, the dole thing etc. I'm not aware how social housing works and don't know if it is bad or not etc - you probably know way more than me.

Finally, the one who lives in Belmayne said good things about the place. It is nice, quiet, safe, his kids play on the street all day long etc. It seems to be a pretty chill part of the city. I read the stories of kids with balaclavas in Clongriffin (guess here on the board) but it seems to not happen anymore, at least not like 3-5 years ago, raiding into the train station etc.

Hope it helped a bit.

We’ve known about this a long time. It’s very near where I live. It’s a private high end development similar to the other apartments that have just been competed (Vesta). The area is getting built up and I actually think this is a positive as I hated all the empty sites around the place and these actually attract anti social behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Col_30 wrote: »
    We’ve known about this a long time. It’s very near where I live. It’s a private high end development similar to the other apartments that have just been competed (Vesta). The area is getting built up and I actually think this is a positive as I hated all the empty sites around the place and these actually attract anti social behaviour.

+1. Houses gotta go somewhere and given we're in a full blown housing crisis, leaving that unused when we have multiple parks beside us feels like a poor use. If anything, it might give us some better services if more people come to the area, we might hopefully get more shops in Clongriffin Main St, better development of the Belmayne Main St, Bus Connects, more train services etc.

Anyone any contracts yet? Nothing on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 takichi15

Nothing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

hey folks,

There was and still is an issue with pyrite in some buildings in Belmayne
    Pyrite will lead to subsidence and a pyrite affected building will not be able to get a mortgage .
    Again I am not sure how widespread the problem is but if you are thinking of buying here make sure your surveyor checks .
    The only sure way of knowing is to drill holes into the foundations and take samples ,but that is not practical if its not your property
    Some houses will state its affected by pyrite

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-belmayne-park-east-balgriffin-dublin-13/4340254

Other properties will have a pyrite free cert in place

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/11-churchwell-grove-belmayne-dublin-13/4382091

With the others its buyers beware and forewarned is forearmed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mjshravan

Did you guys consider new priory hall, opp father's Collin park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 takichi15

Hi Guys, Would you have any updates regarding contracts? Nothing from my side!

EA told me the solicitors are behind and can't put a date. This is normal though. The process on solicitor's side is a pain in the hole for all purchases.

Snagging still on track for November and keys for December though. The houses look like they are coming along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

EA told me the solicitors are behind and can't put a date. This is normal though. The process on solicitor's side is a pain in the hole for all purchases.

Snagging still on track for November and keys for December though. The houses look like they are coming along nicely.

Thanks for the update. Good to know where we are at.

Have you/anyone signed anything at all? My first time going through this and bit surprised I haven't signed anything at this point.

Thanks for the update. Good to know where we are at.

Have you/anyone signed anything at all? My first time going through this and bit surprised I haven't signed anything at this point.

I just got a receipt for the booking deposit with terms attached. Next step after this is receiving the contracts and then you should be in constant contact with you solicitor once this happens.

The speed of your solicitor depends on the speed of the solicitor on the vendor side. Tbh I dunno what the hell they do but it always takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

Hey everyone, I am sale agreed on Walker Green and has just been advised by the estate agent that solicitors are behind but she was advised today that contracts will be at the end of September. I was also told that the building is ahead of schedule so looking like the beginning of Nov for snagging rather than the end. I’m not sure whether to believe it or not because I know delays can happen but good news all the same!

• Advertisement

Ovenumo wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I am sale agreed on Walker Green and has just been advised by the estate agent that solicitors are behind but she was advised today that contracts will be at the end of September. I was also told that the building is ahead of schedule so looking like the beginning of Nov for snagging rather than the end. I’m not sure whether to believe it or not because I know delays can happen but good news all the same!

EA usually lie through their teeth to string you along. I have been bitten before so will believe about contracts when I see them.

Agree though about progress of the houses.

EA usually lie through their teeth to string you along. I have been bitten before so will believe about contracts when I see them.

Agree though about progress of the houses.

I kind of thought that myself so I’m not holding out much hope of seeing contracts before October anyway!

Hi all, received contracts this morning for Parkside Gardens!

Confirmed also. Received this morning.

Did the solicitor contact you confirming? Anyone from Walker Green hear anything?

Yes solicitor for Parkside Gardens.

Did the solicitor contact you confirming? Anyone from Walker Green hear anything?

I’m Walker Green and our solicitor hasn’t received them yet so I called the Estate Agent and she said our contract went out yesterday so probably will be there is the morning.

Contracts received for Walker Green!

Hello all,
    • I was aware of the management fees as EA told me for house buyers - 258e per year for maintenance of gardens.
    • The house rules were sent through from my solicitor and all above board. It is a bit odd to have them for houses but good to know we all have to abide by same rules and a party to mediate if neighbours are causing any hassle.
    • A friend of mine is buying a house in another development (Beltree which is from another developer) nearby and there is no management charge or rules.

My only concern with this arrangement is that this goes up each year and we become "locked in" to these charges. It's not uncommon in apartment complexes for it to go up a good chunk each year above inflation.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this? I am hoping to be active participant in management company so I can keep abreast of this.

• Advertisement

Hello all,
    • I was aware of the management fees as EA told me for house buyers - 258e per year for maintenance of gardens.
    • The house rules were sent through from my solicitor and all above board. It is a bit odd to have them for houses but good to know we all have to abide by same rules and a party to mediate if neighbours are causing any hassle.
    • A friend of mine is buying a house in another development (Beltree which is from another developer) nearby and there is no management charge or rules.

My only concern with this arrangement is that this goes up each year and we become "locked in" to these charges. It's not uncommon in apartment complexes for it to go up a good chunk each year above inflation.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this? I am hoping to be active participant in management company so I can keep abreast of this.

Solicitor confirmed that the contracts have been received but I have not seen them yet.

I think it's great about having house rules, I would imagine it's common for most new areas, especially more upper class areas to have these. Interesting about the management fee, this was not communicated to me during the viewing. My own thoughts are it's good to pay for general upkeep of the area, and not letting things fall away. Probably best for us to keep a close eye on the exact fee and open it up to community discussion once moved in.

Advertisement