Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JR2008

ta84 wrote: »
    Looking to join the Parkside Facebook group but haven't received a pm? Anyone else have the same issue?

Hi, I just joined the group. If you have the Facebook messenger app you'll receive a message there from one of the group admins. It doesn't alert you so you'll have to open it to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eram27028

Hi, our contracts have come out for a site on parkside square. Our solicitor has said there is a management fee for the upkeep of common areas and is €533... I read above that there is no management fee, is this something new for new residents? Or has others had to pay this also.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wayguk

Hi,
    Can anyone explain which phase is which?
    Would I be correct to say that the houses in Parkside Place would be "Phase 3"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JaneDoe123

Dissappointed to hear there are service fees - we were told they were not. Let us know what the reason behind it is. Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The sales team confirmed today to me that there will be no management fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ta84

JR2008 wrote: »
    Hi, I just joined the group. If you have the Facebook messenger app you'll receive a message there from one of the group admins. It doesn't alert you so you'll have to open it to check.

I checked the messenger and no messages. I'm pretty sure I checked it the first time i requested membership. I'll try again! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jennyod86

I have booked a house in Parkside place phase - parkside court before christmas and still have not received the contracts, has anyone else received their contracts for this phase?

Getting a bit concerned as the move in date has been pushed back till November?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 omegab

Did anyone get a surveyor involved before signing contracts on the not yet built houses?

We reserved the house two weeks ago and our solicitor received the contracts today so I haven't yet got to see them and check for any management feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

omegab wrote: »
    Did anyone get a surveyor involved before signing contracts on the not yet built houses?

We reserved the house two weeks ago and our solicitor received the contracts today so I haven't yet got to see them and check for any management feeds.

Two weeks ago, and a contract received? Which phase was this for might I ask? It seems like anyone who booked a house in Parkside Place is still awaiting a contract months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 omegab

Two weeks ago, and a contract received? Which phase was this for might I ask? It seems like anyone who booked a house in Parkside Place is still awaiting a contract months later.

Hi, yes I confirm two weeks and we now have the contract from our solicitor today. The house is in Parkside Crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Muffin87

Hi we have just gone sale agreed and just wondering if anyone could let me know what kitchen appliances are included when you sign contract within 21 days? Are they strict, as in do they still include the appliances if you don't make the 21day deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Muffin87 wrote: »
    Hi we have just gone sale agreed and just wondering if anyone could let me know what kitchen appliances are included when you sign contract within 21 days? Are they strict, as in do they still include the appliances if you don't make the 21day deadline?

We signed withing the 21 days, so I am not 100% sure. However, our solicitor did tell us not to worry about that deadline though and it's just a pressure technique used by Estate Agents/Builders to secure the sale. I would speak to your own solicitor on this matter.

I have heard the kitchens are installed with appliances integrated at that time, so it's all ordered together from Nolan kitchens.

Included in your standard kitchen is, Double Electrolux oven, choice of gas or electric hob, integrated extractor fan, integrated fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher.

You just need to buy your own washing machine and dryer. There is a space provided for these in the utility room.

Best of luck with it all!

Col_30 wrote: »
    We signed withing the 21 days, so I am not 100% sure. However, our solicitor did tell us not to worry about that deadline though and it's just a pressure technique used by Estate Agents/Builders to secure the sale. I would speak to your own solicitor on this matter.

I have heard the kitchens are installed with appliances integrated at that time, so it's all ordered together from Nolan kitchens.

Included in your standard kitchen is, Double Electrolux oven, choice of gas or electric hob, integrated extractor fan, integrated fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher.

You just need to buy your own washing machine and dryer. There is a space provided for these in the utility room.

Best of luck with it all!

You're no longer allowed to get a gas cooker because of health and safety reasons FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

dmcg90 wrote: »
    You're no longer allowed to get a gas cooker because of health and safety reasons FYI

what?

no longer allowed gas hobs?

I'd say you're wrong there

lawred2 wrote: »
    what?

no longer allowed gas hobs?

I'd say you're wrong there

From Cairns:
    Homebond will not pass any gas hobs in Phase 2A/B or future phases. Extra ventilation is required so it's not compliant - therefore an electric hob is standard

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

From Cairns:
    Homebond will not pass any gas hobs in Phase 2A/B or future phases. Extra ventilation is required so it's not compliant - therefore an electric hob is standard

Ah so it's a local issue with the development itself. Thought you meant some sort of national regulation,

fair enough.

But that's shoddy enough stuff from the designer/builder/developer.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ah so it's a local issue with the development itself. Thought you meant some sort of national regulation,

fair enough.

But that's shoddy enough stuff from the designer/builder/developer.

You're not allowed to make a lot of changes because of homebond apparently (e.g. moving radiators or putting flooring in the attic if it hasn't been converted.

The builders are adopting a 'no changes' policy to get the phases quicker (which I'm ok with) - even if they're changing stuff like the spec on sinks, plugs, the kitchen window and ventilation from the showhouse :P

Hi, how do you know that the builders have adopted a "no change policy" we have put in a few relatively small requests....seemed ok at the time, and that was only a few weeks ago...

JaneDoe123 wrote: »
    Hi, how do you know that the builders have adopted a "no change policy" we have put in a few relatively small requests....seemed ok at the time, and that was only a few weeks ago...

I've had written confirmation from the sales team:
    "We operate a no change policy through the houses. The house will be as per show house on handover"

**apart from the changes in spec to the kitchen window, plug sockets, sink, ventilation system which they have changed from the showhouse

That;s not great now - when did you receive this?

• Advertisement

JaneDoe123 wrote: »
    That;s not great now - when did you receive this?

Just over a week ago, other residents in the Facebook group confirmed the same thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Just over a week ago, other residents in the Facebook group confirmed the same thing too.

AFAIK someone on that group still managed to get a gas hob in recently. (after being turned down initially based on HOMEBOND).
    I didn't try personally as I prefer electric (much easier to clean in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Hi - does anyone know what the lighting is like in the bathrooms in the 3 storey mid terrace (type A) houses? I don't think there is windows in any of the toilets. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

bluesmaug wrote: »
    Question for people who've already bought a house/signed the contracts.

Is the developer okay with "subject to loan approval" clause in the contract?
    I wonder was this ever resolved?

Joeyde wrote: »
    Im also very keen to get an answer on this. There will be a few months between contracts and drawdown of the mortgage. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Newbie xx wrote: »

We're pretty close to signing and I'm almost sure we were allowed to include this in our contract.

Prunty wrote: »
    Newbie xx wrote: »

We're pretty close to signing and I'm almost sure we were allowed to include this in our contract.
    thanks for the that , think we got sorted🖒

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Anntoinette

Does anyone know what is proposed for the space now occupied by St Francis of Assisi School? I understand this is being demolished and a new school being built in a different part of the estate. I am buying that end of Parkside Boulevard.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Does anyone know what is proposed for the space now occupied by St Francis of Assisi School? I understand this is being demolished and a new school being built in a different part of the estate. I am buying that end of Parkside Boulevard.
    AFAIK it's going to be a future phase of Parkside. It is not yet clear if it's apartment blocks or houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Anntoinette

xboxdad wrote: »
    AFAIK it's going to be a future phase of Parkside. It is not yet clear if it's apartment blocks or houses.

Thank you so much AFAIK for your reply. It is much appreciated. I am a bit concerned they may make The Boulevard a drive through from the M50 to Portmarnock Baldoyle and Howth. At the moment the route to Portmarnock is via Fingal Cemetery and The Moyne Road. This a one lane road to start transitioning to a winding one towards Portm

Advertisement