Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

NIMAN wrote: »
    When I hear members of the public complaining that "they aren't seeing the recovery and where are all the jobs the Gov is talking about", they obviously didn't try hard enough in school, go and get a degree or masters or whatever was needed to get the jobs that are out there.

Huge US multinationals like Google, Apple, Intel etc don't have much need for scallys who lie in their bed til noon and watch Jeremy Kyle during the day.

There are plenty of people who have degrees, masters and even PhDs who can't get jobs, your talking rubbish.... Ireland also has one of the highest rates in Europe of people who are working in roles that there are over qualified for..... Ya if only it was as simple as someone not wanting to get out of bed in the morning..........;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I like Ryan tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,170 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nodin wrote: »
    Just to clarify here, you're saying that if you don't have a degree, you don't deserve a job?

No I ain't saying that.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there were people on from some inner city Dublin housing estate moaning about how they aren't seeing any of these new jobs.

There are jobs out there, however the number of jobs available to you if you dossed around in school, and are generally a lazy, workshy layabout, are limited.

The better qualified you are, generally the bigger the range of jobs open to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Bit hard when you might have a family...kids in school, mortgage on a home well away from Dublin, what if you like where you live?

So people just have to bend to this bullshyte? Even if you did move to counties surrounding Dublin, property prices are almost as jacked up as Dublin itself. Plenty of room down the country for these multinationals and keep people from moving or stupidly long and costly commutes.
    What alternative is there though? If businesses don't view other areas as being sustainable or preferential to Dublin for setting up in, then they won't set up there. If they don't set up there it is likely for good reason, and they cannot be forced to. It's not pleasant but it is what it is.

It happens all the time in other countries, where people have to move for more opportunity, only in those situations it's very frequently a much, much further distance than is possible to move within Ireland.

Saying there is no sign of the recovery because people have to move or travel for work - just like in almost any other country in the world are simply incorrect. The jobs are absolutely there, they might not be landing on your doorstep because the companies offering them do not view it as a beneficial area for them to set up in. Capitalism, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omackeral wrote: »
    I much prefer this version to the Tracey Chapman original. Great summery vibe to it.

Nice song, I didnt like it at first, going to put it on my ipod, love Tracey Chapman version and talking about a revolution, so meaningful songs, I also get sad when i hear talking about a revolution....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fish out of water

I dont like chuggers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I much prefer this version to the Tracey Chapman original. Great summery vibe to it.

But it's not supposed to be upbeat or have a summery vibe! Congrats on an actual unpopular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I dont like chuggers

You'll fit in well around here then.

This thread really does attract attention seekers sometimes, alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I don't mind election posters.

(I heard them described lately as looking like a giant game of Guess Who, that would be fun)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I luv McDonald's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This version ruins a classic and the dance beats behind it are just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Drugs are an effective way to thin the herd.

I would thank this 1,000,000 times if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

NIMAN wrote: »
    No I ain't saying that.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there were people on from some inner city Dublin housing estate moaning about how they aren't seeing any of these new jobs.

There are jobs out there, however the number of jobs available to you if you dossed around in school, and are generally a lazy, workshy layabout, are limited.

The better qualified you are, generally the bigger the range of jobs open to you.

...while true its true about qualifications, it comes across as a rather harsh judgement of people you just heard once on the radio.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I would thank this 1,000,000 times if I could.
    You're a teetotaler I take it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

skimpydoo wrote: »
    This version ruins a classic and the dance beats behind it are just awful.

Well I like it and don't care too much for the original, whereas most people love the original. That's why I posted it here, it's an unpopular opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    with people with their tongues hanging out for a job but don't want to...

There's your problem right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Dublin City Centre at the weekend. Any weekend: Great for the Herds of students/fans/hens/stags. And there's a good chance a Herd will want to board a Dublin Bus, within the "Shoppers fare" area.
    You have no business there going there solo - I should know, I'm like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

I somewhat admire Thomas Murphy's entrepreneurial spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I somewhat admire Thomas Murphy's entrepreneurial spirit.

He's like the Carlo Gambino of Irish crime in some respects. Although Carlo lived out all of his 74 years without ever incurring a conviction or a prison sentence.

Not a good way to live though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

technically perhaps....but not really

Actually I'm wrong, there is no best drummer. All down to personal preference too. But its usually non-drummers that peddle the Travis bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Donald Trump is no worse then Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Elaborate on that one..........I just......can't.....?

Well Obama Goverment is responsible for thousands and millions of people being murdered through war.

Trump is the worst type of human ever but Obama is on his level.

And don't forget this great President called, The Saudi King, King Abdullah, that died last year "A great friend of America" the same place where 15 of the 19 hijackers from 9/11 were from.

Well Obama Goverment is responsible for thousands and millions of people being murdered through war.

Trump is the worst type of human ever but Obama is on his level.

And don't forget this great President called, The Saudi King, King Abdullah, that died last year "A great friend of America" the same place where 15 of the 19 hijackers from 9/11 were from.
    So every King/President/PM to ever be in charge of their country during a time of war is "the worst type of human ever" and every bit as bad as Donald Trump?

And what the hell did you expect him to say about King Abdullah? "Yeah, screw that guy he wa a pr!ck! Ok, now back to negotiating those oil prices..."

Billy86 wrote: »
    So every King/President/PM to ever be in charge of their country during a time of war is "the worst type of human ever" and every bit as bad as Donald Trump?

And what the hell did you expect him to say about King Abdullah? "Yeah, screw that guy he wa a pr!ck! Ok, now back to negotiating those oil prices..."

You need to know who King Abdullah is and his background first, cause it seems you think this fella was a good chap or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm utterly sick of hearing about Saoirse Ronan. I want her to just f**k off until (at the very least), the next oscars.

You need to know who King Abdullah is and his background first, cause it seems you think this fella was a good chap or something.
    He was an awful person, it was clear as could be.

But it seems you think shi*tting on the leader of a country upon his death, in a region currently in the middle of one of the most unstable periods of anywhere in the word for a long time - much of which is from your own countries' doing which the locals are well aware of - when you need to deal with that country who happen to be the leaders of OPEC in order to get a good price on oil which your country is exceptionally dependent on, is a good idea?

If you don't see why Obama would have said that, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you beyond the paragraph above, it was clear as could be.

I'm assuming from your lack of a response on it that you do agree that all leaders of nations during times of war (even if they did not start those wars) are "the worst type of human ever". Can't say I agree but to each their own.

Billy86 wrote: »
    He was an awful person, it was clear as could be.

But it seems you think shi*tting on the leader of a country upon his death, in a region currently in the middle of one of the most unstable periods of anywhere in the word for a long time - much of which is from your own countries' doing which the locals are well aware of - when you need to deal with that country who happen to be the leaders of OPEC in order to get a good price on oil which your country is exceptionally dependent on, is a good idea?

If you don't see why Obama would have said that, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you beyond the paragraph above, it was clear as could be.

I'm assuming from your lack of a response on it that you do agree that all leaders of nations during times of war (even if they did not start those wars) are "the worst type of human ever". Can't say I agree but to each their own.

Hmmm I doubt you do know much about him.

Lack of response? Do you want me go through it in greater detail? I would but being honest if you say the above what's the point, you obviously think King Abdullah deserves the respect, even though he was delighted when 9/11 happened.

• Advertisement

Hmmm I doubt you do know much about him.

Lack of response? Do you want me go through it in greater detail? I would but being honest if you say the above what's the point, you obviously think King Abdullah deserves the respect, even though he was delighted when 9/11 happened.
    You seem to be struggling with the concept that I do know plenty about him, and that he was awful. You also seem to be struggling immensely with the concept of improved relations leading to better negotiating positions for key resources... so like I said, I simply won't bother trying explaining that further.

And nowhere did I say he deserves respect and if you are going to try and put words in peoples mouths, you really should try to be more subtle about it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement