Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular opinions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Except I didn't say that.

If I've misinterpreted you then I apologise, but I honestly feel that's how your sentence reads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

If I've misinterpreted you then I apologise, but I honestly feel that's how your sentence reads.

Who could think that sporting people don't like watching sport on television? Someone who never meet a sporting person I suppose.

I am talking about bulbous, bloated, wheezing types who think they are sporting because they sit in a pub for hours stuffing crisp packet after packet down their gullet all washed down with a few pints watching sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I am talking about bulbous, bloated, wheezing types who think they are sporting because they sit in a pub for hours stuffing crisp packet after packet down their gullet all washed down with a few pints watching sport.

As a former bulbous and wheezing pint guzzler I can assure you that I never once felt 'sporting'. I liked watching sport, but I was under no illusions about how desperately un-athletic I was.

If those people actually exist, then yes, they're only fooling themselves. But I don't know if they exist in any great numbers. If they're out there someone then I'd just write them off as the type of hopeless dreamers that you'll find everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I agree with most of that but the GAA is very "anti-everything-that-isn't-GAA".

Not really seeing as they allowed Croke Park to be used by the soccer and rugby team and are going to allow some of their stadia to be used for the rugby world cup bid or allowed Croke Park to be used for the special Olympics opening ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Not really seeing as they were good enough to rent Croke Park to the soccer and rugby team and good enough to allow some of their stadia to be used for the rugby world cup bid or the special Olympics opening ceremony.

good enough to rent for a bundle of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Not really seeing as they allowed Croke Park to be used by the soccer and rugby team and are going to allow some of their stadia to be used for the rugby world cup bid or allowed Croke Park to be used for the special Olympics opening ceremony.
    In all fairness, I think common sense prevailed with the Soccer and Rugby in Croke Park. Gotta get them Ducats after all and the GAA love their money!

In all fairness, I think common sense prevailed with the Soccer and Rugby in Croke Park. Gotta get them Ducats after all and the GAA love their money!

They didn't have to if they didn't want to, the money wasn't all that advantageous to the GAA anyway as it's all been spent now.It wasn't the GAA's problem to deal with as the IRFU and FAI could have easily Copied the Croke Park model and built it gradually so they never had to move out and ask someone else to loan them a stadium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

My opinion (dunno whether its unpopular or not) is that GAA begrudgers are pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It will be interesting to see the Irish reaction when Jose Aldo beats Conor. I don't think that they will take it well.
    Don't you mean Mendes?

Or was it Siver?

No wait, it must have been Poirier right?

Or wait, Brandao? Yes it was Brandao I first heard that about. It just gets confusing when you hear it in the build up to so many fights, only for it to become the next fighter he faces as soon as that bout is over.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Don't you mean Mendes?

Or was it Siver?

No wait, it must have been Poirier right?

Or wait, Brandao? Yes it was Brandao I first heard that about. It just gets confusing when you hear it in the build up to so many fights, only for it to become the next fighter he faces as soon as that bout is over.

I will gladly back the undefeated champ of nearly a decade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

There are far, far too many so-called "pedigree" breeds of dogs, many of whom have big problems health wise. They should be bred out of existence. Plus the world really doesn't need breeds like pit bull terriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JupiterKid wrote: »
    There are far, far too many so-called "pedigree" breeds of dogs, many of whom have big problems health wise. They should be bred out of existence. Plus the world really doesn't need breeds like pit bull terriers.

ya a king Charles brain is too big for its head and there are also problems with pugs, i think they cant breathe properly and bull dogs as well suffer from a lot of seizures.

:):)

I will gladly back the undefeated champ of nearly a decade.
    Work away, my point is that it is far from a given in either direction. Aldo is a better fighter than Mendes on the whole, but Mendes was the worst possible match up for McGregor in the whole division and he came away with the win.

Work away, my point is that it is far from a given in either direction. Aldo is a better fighter than Mendes on the whole, but Mendes was the worst possible match up for McGregor in the whole division and he came away with the win.

mendes on 2 weeks notice, still manage to wrestle **** him a good bit and open a nasty gash

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The phrase 'housing crisis', with respect to Ireland.
    There isnt a housing crisis in Ireland, there's a lack of accomodation in certain areas ( Dublin in particular) driving up costs. Not everyone needs to live in cities but way too many people want to or feel they are entitled to. If you can't afford to live somewhere, move elsewhere.

mendes on 2 weeks notice, still manage to wrestle **** him a good bit and open a nasty gash
    He did, and while McGregor had all that time for training which proved crucial, he had not been preparing for Mendes either. I also think he didn't look right at the weigh in either, he did legitimately almost look strung out. But nonetheless he still got the KO after absorbing all Mendes could give him before getting gassed. I would imagine if the two had been booked months in advance with full preparation, the game plans would have been very different. There's got to be big demand for it, especially if McGregor does beat Aldo, and I would love to see it. Mendes is an extremely classy guy and as shown, represents a significant match up problem. Could also go either way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

He did, and while McGregor had all that time for training which proved crucial, he had not been preparing for Mendes either. I also think he didn't look right at the weigh in either, he did legitimately almost look strung out. But nonetheless he still got the KO after absorbing all Mendes could give him before getting gassed. I would imagine if the two had been booked months in advance with full preparation, the game plans would have been very different. There's got to be big demand for it, especially if McGregor does beat Aldo, and I would love to see it. Mendes is an extremely classy guy and as shown, represents a significant match up problem. Could also go either way.

McGregor cuts 20 plus pounds in weight before fighting. Anyone would look strung out during that process.

As for the Mendes fight, I think him gassing early was largely due to the early shots to the body. Watch them heel kicks in slow motion. Unmerciful but a thing of beauty. You can see Mendes sucking in air after sixty seconds. That's not gassing. That's from the tactics Conor applied - go straight for the body. Anyway, TAM constantly brag that they walk around near peak condition and that they are always ready. They can get bent with their 'if Chad had a full camp behind him...' excuses. If they fight again, whixh I am sure they will, I can't see a different outcome.

From your other post you seemed to be under the impression that I dislike Conor and want him to lose against Aldo. On the contrary, I think the guy is an inspiration, inside and outside of his sport. What he has achieved in such a short time frame is like something from a Hollywood movie. Through hardwork, dedication and by putting himself out there he's achieved his goals in life. I admire the guy for that alone. Hell, if you watched his story as a fictional movie in the cinema you would walk out complaining that it was too unrealistic and Hollywood bs.

All that said, Aldo is p4p best for a reason and the best FW of all time. Watch UFC 129 again when he fought Hominick, an excellent striker, just like Conor. That'll be how Aldo wins/dominates this fight. He was ill in that fight too. His adaptability and range of skills is unnatural.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    There is an MMA forum for this type of chat. I think it might be a popular opinion if the MMA talk is taken over there -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1137

retalivity wrote: »
    There isnt a housing crisis in Ireland, there's a lack of accomodation in certain areas ( Dublin in particular) driving up costs. Not everyone needs to live in cities but way too many people want to or feel they are entitled to. If you can't afford to live somewhere, move elsewhere.

It's funny to hear "housing crisis" when there's still millions worth of ghost estates sitting empty.

"Housing crisis or, I don't want to turn my expensively built house into council housing"

Which would be great if our economy weren't so wildly scewed towards Dublin. People need to live where the jobs are. Its not rocket science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It's funny to hear "housing crisis" when there's still millions worth of ghost estates sitting empty.

"Housing crisis or, I don't want to turn my expensively built house into council housing"
    Which would be great if our economy weren't so wildly scewed towards Dublin. People need to live where the jobs are. Its not rocket science.

Exactly - its not a housing crisis, its a bottleneck of money/jobs/resources in a few areas of the country with no de-centralisation or real incentive to have it any other way.

Exactly - its not a housing crisis, its a bottleneck of money/jobs/resources in a few areas of the country with no de-centralisation or real incentive to have it any other way.

No its a housing crisis owing to the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Take both those chances and still think MMA should be banned.

I also don't choose to go fox hunting or watch that, and think that should also be banned, I also don't watch or take part in Orange Marches that go through non supportive areas and think they should be banned.

So there are a few options where I take "two chances" and still think they should be banned. Hope that helps.

Considering that all parties here are sentient and consenting, I fail to see what your two other examples have to do with anything, so no, no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I think prostetution should be legalised.
    I think soft drugs should be legalised.
    Hard drugs users should have a quiet place to go and get their fix in a clean environment.
    And I think nimbys should be f88ked out of the country along with the Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

kupus wrote: »
    Hard drugs users should have a quiet place to go and get their fix in a clean environment.

where do I sign up for your newsletter?

kupus wrote: »

Or they could all be moved into your back yard to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MOD
    There is an MMA forum for this type of chat. I think it might be a popular opinion if the MMA talk is taken over there -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1137
    What's the point in someone making an opinion if we're not allowed to discuss it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Parent and Baby car parking spaces shouldn't always be right beside the door. Disabled spots only.

You might need the extra space for buggies, etc that's fine, but you can f*cking walk the same distance as everyone else.

Super Valu car park near me, the disabled spots are further away (slightly) than the parent and child/baby slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Parent and Baby car parking spaces shouldn't always be right beside the door. Disabled spots only.

You might need the extra space for buggies, etc that's fine, but you can ****ing walk the same distance as everyone else.

I disagree. It's bad enough reversing out of parking spaces with eejits who just walk right behind your car, but small children? That's an accident that will definitely happen.

Parent & Baby spaces being closer to the entrance isn't just for the space required, it's for safety too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bad Horse wrote: »
    I disagree. It's bad enough reversing out of parking spaces with eejits who just walk right behind your car, but small children? That's an accident that will definitely happen.

Parent & Baby spaces being closer to the entrance isn't just for the space required, it's for safety too.

Not my problem parents can't keep control of their kids and stop them walking behind reversing cars.

I've never had a problem with that in any case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement