Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

ongarboy wrote: »
    I was at the centre yesterday. Some updates:

JD Sports are going in opposite Schuh/Skechers on lower ground floor as there is big hoarding on a number of units.

About one third of the car park outside Dunnes grocery is cordoned off with construction looking about to start. Is this where the new Aldi is going?

I see a number of the new controversial kiosks have started coming on stream. Butlers and Nespresso look good but others like the Flip Flop kiosk at bottom of travelators look shabby and thrown together.

Choux Be Doo has taken over Valerie's Patisserie in Debenhams and also the Nutella counter next to travelators. I never heard of them before but look similar to Valerie's. http://chouxbedoo.com/

Finally, I like the new look BBs Coffee and Muffins (now known as Bakers and Baristas) outside Boots. Very modern and attractive looking!

I would be majorly surprised if Dunnes would let Aldi be so close to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

I was at the centre yesterday. Some updates:

JD Sports are going in opposite Schuh/Skechers on lower ground floor as there is big hoarding on a number of units.

About one third of the car park outside Dunnes grocery is cordoned off with construction looking about to start. Is this where the new Aldi is going?

I see a number of the new controversial kiosks have started coming on stream. Butlers and Nespresso look good but others like the Flip Flop kiosk at bottom of travelators look shabby and thrown together.

Choux Be Doo has taken over Valerie's Patisserie in Debenhams and also the Nutella counter next to travelators. I never heard of them before but look similar to Valerie's. http://chouxbedoo.com/

Finally, I like the new look BBs Coffee and Muffins (now known as Bakers and Baristas) outside Boots. Very modern and attractive looking!

JD sports had been at that unit for a year or so already.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The extension is to the Red Mall apparently.

The work at Dunnes is a cafe if my, very crappy, detective work is to be believed. - http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=FW18A/0116

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

LorelaiG wrote: »
    The extension is to the Red Mall apparently.

The work at Dunnes is a cafe if my, very crappy, detective work is to be believed. - http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=FW18A/0116

Good detective work there! If you have a look for planning application FW18A/0105 it shows some more detail. It seems like they want to extend out the back on the unit on the ground floor between mister price and gamestop, and then about that on the first floor demolish the smaller units and have three bigger units which will also have an upstairs, kind of similar to the H&M store across the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

OK, I need to visit the Centre a bit more often....:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

FW19A/0017 application shows the extension of the red mall and a new retail unit with off license use

2ksqm space - possible Aldi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

will56 wrote: »
    FW19A/0017 application shows the extension of the red mall and a new retail unit with off license use

2ksqm space - possible Aldi ?

I'd much prefer a decent M&S similar to the ones in Liffey Valley and Dundrum, the last thing the area needs is another Aldi/Lidl/Dealz/Mr. Price/Costa Coffee/Starbucks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

I'd much prefer a decent M&S similar to the ones in Liffey Valley and Dundrum, the last thing the area needs is another Aldi/Lidl/Dealz/Mr. Price/Costa Coffee/Starbucks etc.

I can't see how another supermarket would get approval given they can't handle traffic volumes around the centre at peak times as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

will56 wrote: »
    I can't see how another supermarket would get approval given they can't handle traffic volumes around the centre at peak times as it is.

There is an Aldi in Mulhuddart, Ashtown, Finglas and Palmerstown - all less than 15 minutes drive from the centre.

The traffic has been woeful since the centre was built back in 1996, hence why I only attend on Wednesday night or on a random day off. I can only speak personally but I tend to nip over to LV for the Marks and Spencer and always felt the Blanch version was inferior in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Was there talks of Alidi taking over Justin's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

There was talk of it alright but there doesn't seem to be any record of a planning application for it. Probably more a case of an idea that came up in conversation that sprouted legs and ran, standard Chinese whispers thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

glossy wrote: »

A nursing home I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Short of building Elon Musk type hyperloops I'm not sure you can solve traffic in and out of the BC. I actually wonder will they get to the stage of building more multistory or even underground car parks if they can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

glossy wrote: »

I heard Aldi looked into it but the land by the Tolka wasn't suitable for a car park, so they didn't go ahead with it.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Just took this from a page on Facebook called 'Love Mulhuddart', no source quoted so not sure of how accurate it is.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/new-shops-blanchardstown-centre-dublin-16771040.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

We were just talking at home about how the place is crying out for a mexican / burrito place.

So herself took it upon herself to write to Boojum.

She got this back... maybe if more people did likewise they'd cop on theres pent up demand.

"Thanks for getting in contact and your interest in seeing a Boojum in D15. We're always on the look out for new and exciting opportunities to bring our burritos to new areas. And we love hearing from customers on where they would like to see a store.

I will pass your interest in a Blanchardstown location onto our Property Team and I'm sure they'll have a look at the options available. "

Might count for nothing, or might spark an idea...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hmmm, I wonder if that would work for Bunsen...?

Zaph wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder if that would work for Bunsen...?

Maybe - I do like Bunsen burgers but I feel there are probably 97 places in Blanch or D15 were you can get a burger (granted of varying degrees of quality) but there is absolutely no place that I'm aware of that serves a full dedicated Mexican menu of burritos/fajitas/chimichangas/tacos etc yet any place Boojum or similar open the queues are out the door constantly. D15 has over 100,000 people living in the area - this surely is a no brainer for one of the burrito chains or an independent operator of same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Maybe - I do like Bunsen burgers but I feel there are probably 97 places in Blanch or D15 were you can get a burger (granted of varying degrees of quality) but there is absolutely no place that I'm aware of that serves a full dedicated Mexican menu of burritos/fajitas/chimichangas/tacos etc yet any place Boojum or similar open the queues are out the door constantly. D15 has over 100,000 people living in the area - this surely is a no brainer for one of the burrito chains or an independent operator of same?

Exactly. There are loads of fast food / burger places. Although good options always welcome.

Anyway... the boojum email address is info@boojummex.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

We were just talking at home about how the place is crying out for a mexican / burrito place.

So herself took it upon herself to write to Boojum.

She got this back... maybe if more people did likewise they'd cop on theres pent up demand.

"Thanks for getting in contact and your interest in seeing a Boojum in D15. We're always on the look out for new and exciting opportunities to bring our burritos to new areas. And we love hearing from customers on where they would like to see a store.

I will pass your interest in a Blanchardstown location onto our Property Team and I'm sure they'll have a look at the options available. "

Might count for nothing, or might spark an idea...

To be honest, that reads like a standard “thank you for your comments, we will make sure to pass on your feedback” response that you get from the likes of Eir and Sky etc.

I’d presume they’d be be doing serious market research and cost/benefit analysis before opening up a new outlet as opposed to a few emails from the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Didn't Boojum have a food truck outside Blanch for a few weeks at some point or was that a different brand? I remember it closing because they had water issues or something but the one time I tried it, it was pretty busy. Everything in Boojum tastes of one thing though: salt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Didn't Boojum have a food truck outside Blanch for a few weeks at some point or was that a different brand? I remember it closing because they had water issues or something but the one time I tried it, it was pretty busy. Everything in Boojum tastes of one thing though: salt.
    miamee wrote: »
    Not exactly a new business but Boojum are having a food truck - the Boojmobile - at the shopping centre "for the next while" according to their Facebook page here. I wonder if they are sussing it out for a more permanent location?

You're right, they did, found my post about it above from November 2017, almost two years ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

To be honest, that reads like a standard “thank you for your comments, we will make sure to pass on your feedback” response that you get from the likes of Eir and Sky etc.

I’d presume they’d be be doing serious market research and cost/benefit analysis before opening up a new outlet as opposed to a few emails from the public.
    Unlike many companies they did reply and PixelTrawler's email may could towards that market research! It's always good to ask - you migh be surprised at what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well this is mental
    The doughnut outlet Krispy Kreme in Dublin’s Blanchardstown is the company’s best performing store worldwide, earning average weekly revenues of almost €300,000 last year, its first accounts show.

From September 29th to the end of December last, Krispy Kreme Ireland Ltd recorded revenues of €3.86 million – or an average of €296,923 in sales per week, or €42,417 per day.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/krispy-kreme-in-dublin-is-most-profitable-of-group-s-1-300-stores-1.3995448

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It would be really interesting to see how much that dropped by once the hype died down. They're obviously still happy with how much they're raking in though.

RasTa wrote: »

I passed it by on the bus home around 11.40 last night and the place was packed as was the carpark. Weird for a Sunday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

thomasj wrote: »
    I passed it by on the bus home around 11.40 last night and the place was packed as was the carpark. Weird for a Sunday.

They were giving away some free boxes at 12am and were also launching some new Kitkat doughnut at that time - nothing like a bit of hype to get people queuing in their cars.

Duplicate post

Iceland opening on 19th November according to job ad for staff on indeed.ie

• Advertisement

Iceland opening on 19th November according to job ad for staff on indeed.ie

Advertisement