Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Just went to mushahi for lunch and it was very tasty.lovely soft shell carb roll.Delighted with two Japanese restaurants in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    This is very similar to what was the Epicurean Food Hall which use to be located between Middle Abbey St and Liffey St. I believe it closed down a few years ago.

Yeah, sold to become a Dealz...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah, sold to become a Dealz...

Dealz are entitledit to buy any space they like. It's not their fault the Epicurean closed. For months before it finally closed it had empty units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

eviltwin wrote: »
    Dealz are entitledit to buy any space they like. It's not their fault the Epicurean closed. For months before it finally closed it had empty units.

Irish mentality. There are two dealz already in the Illac center, council should have refused it as I was moaning about at the time.

Poundland over here, only one in the CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

eviltwin wrote: »

Dealz rent the property from a Developer who previously ran the Epicurean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

L1011 wrote: »
    Planning permission gone in to open a pub in Mulhuddart - new one down the road in Parkside, not a rehash of Paidi Ogs

Further information submitted recently. Seems to have answered all the questions and confirming that the smoking area will be at the front of the building as opposed to the area at the back that backs on to the houses. Will be interesting to see if this is enough to get it over the line.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=FW19A/0026

ABP due to decide on the pub/shops/apartments at Paidi Og's application in July too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

TY for that Jack, wasn't aware it had updated. 1200mm is shockingly narrow for a smoking area, probably the width of 2 people side by side. At a guess, it'll be cordon contained by rope barriers which may extend quite a bit outside 1200mm.

At another guess, I can't see FCC giving permission for both that and the Paidi Og's site to both open pubs in such close proximity to the other. But it's FCC, anything is possible I suppose!

TY for that Jack, wasn't aware it had updated. 1200mm is shockingly narrow for a smoking area, probably the width of 2 people side by side. At a guess, it'll be cordon contained by rope barriers which may extend quite a bit outside 1200mm.

At another guess, I can't see FCC giving permission for both that and the Paidi Og's site to both open pubs in such close proximity to the other. But it's FCC, anything is possible I suppose!

The Paidi Og’s one is with ABP now so out of Fingal’s hands. I don’t know the rules about whether they can wait and see if that is granted before they decide on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Further information submitted recently. Seems to have answered all the questions and confirming that the smoking area will be at the front of the building as opposed to the area at the back that backs on to the houses. Will be interesting to see if this is enough to get it over the line.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=FW19A/0026

ABP due to decide on the pub/shops/apartments at Paidi Og's application in July too.

I see the planning was refused for this.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=FW19A/0026&theTabNo=2

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

ciaran76 wrote: »

Thank god. The unit is tiny. I really cannot fathom how they think they can use it as a pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Small pubs exist. We're just used to huge ones particularly in suburban areas of Dublin where the old distance rules meant people built barns to seat hundreds at a time. There's a new one on Great Strand Street thats about the size of the open plan kitchen diner in a 5 bed house and that's even big compared to many rural ones!

Ignoring the original village pubs and the ones built since the laws changed and the pubs of D15 were on nearly a 1km grid system away from each other. Not a natural layout and meant they had to be huge

ABP were due to make a decision on the old Paidi Og’s site last week too but nothing on the website yet. There’s a smallish pub in that proposal too so we might end up with a pub yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Mr Price has received planning permission from An Bord Pleanala to move into the old 53 Degrees North unit (next to TK Maxx/Lifestyle) in the Blanchardstown Retail Park. I'm guessing they will vacate their cramped store in the main shopping centre?

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/304/R304265.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Mr Price has received planning permission from An Bord Pleanala to move into the old 53 Degrees North unit (next to TK Maxx/Lifestyle) in the Blanchardstown Retail Park. I'm guessing they will vacate their cramped store in the main shopping centre?

thats a huge store

That will be one hell of a lot of crap under one roof !

ABP were due to make a decision on the old Paidi Og’s site last week too but nothing on the website yet. There’s a smallish pub in that proposal too so we might end up with a pub yet!

Permission refused by ABP so no pub for Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

In the winter months, I'd say they won't get as much footfall as they would in their current spot. I avoid going outside at all costs. It will be a shame to see it move. Might deals doing well have something to do with the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

In the winter months, I'd say they won't get as much footfall as they would in their current spot. I avoid going outside at all costs. It will be a shame to see it move. Might deals doing well have something to do with the idea

I'm the opposite prefer the outside shops. Handier when popping up in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

In Blanchardstown Centre recently. So many empty units.......what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cath54 wrote: »
    In Blanchardstown Centre recently. So many empty units.......what's going on there?

The slow death of traditional retail in favour of discounted and largely tax evasive online shopping, to be replaced with homogeneous chain eateries and coffee shops and personal service outlets such as gel nails applications and colonic irrigation while U wait.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Larbre34 wrote: »
    colonic irrigation while U wait.

I much prefer the old days where you had to leave it in and collect it a few days later. I always feel they did a better job back then. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Is Mao in the village closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

fletch wrote: »
    Is Mao in the village closed down?

Yes, weeks ago

FW18A/0168

I see Blanch SC got planning permission from Fingal Co Co for 9 new cafes/restaurants to be built in the open area in front of McDonalds/Burger King/Milanos etc. Planning reference above from Fingal's website. That's good news and let's hope they get filled by some quality food operators (Thai/Indian/Mexican etc) like what you'd see in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

FW18A/0168

I see Blanch SC got planning permission from Fingal Co Co for 9 new cafes/restaurants to be built in the open area in front of McDonalds/Burger King/Milanos etc. Planning reference above from Fingal's website. That's good news and let's hope they get filled by some quality food operators (Thai/Indian/Mexican etc) like what you'd see in Dundrum.

I'd love to see a good burrito shop going there and a Wowburger. Would have some great choice of food in Blanch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I'd love to see a good burrito shop going there and a Wowburger. Would have some great choice of food in Blanch then.

Yeah a burrito place would be nice.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know Hotel Chocolat are planning to open a cafe in the centre, so presumably they'll be one of the new units.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Just took this from a page on Facebook called 'Love Mulhuddart', no source quoted so not sure of how accurate it is.
    Work begins on €32m Extensions at
    Blanchardstown Centre

Aldi and JD Sports Welcomed to Blanchardstown Centre

Multi Corporation, the pan-European retail platform which manages
    Blanchardstown Centre, has today announced the commencement of work on a €32 million reconfiguration and extension of the Centre. The 55,000 sq. ft development will comprise eight retail units including Aldi and JD Sports.

Shopping at Blanchardstown Centre will not be impacted by the works and operating hours will remain as usual.

Supermarket giant Aldi will open a new 20,000 sq. ft store, while sports and fashion retailer JD Sports will take up residence at a new 15,000 sq. ft unit.

With over 180 stores in total, Blanchardstown Centre is anchored by the recently upgraded Dunnes Stores, as well as M&S, Penneys and Debenhams.

Car parking totals 6,750 spaces.

Ah I remember a mention of a new supermarket being planned, I think near the BT2 entrance. Good choice securing Aldi as they are underrepresented in D15 compared to Lidl.

Where are JD Sports going? I thought they already had a big unit near Berksha?

Ah I remember a mention of a new supermarket being planned, I think near the BT2 entrance. Good choice securing Aldi as they are underrepresented in D15 compared to Lidl.

Where are JD Sports going? I thought they already had a big unit near Berksha?

I was at the centre yesterday. Some updates:

JD Sports are going in opposite Schuh/Skechers on lower ground floor as there is big hoarding on a number of units.

About one third of the car park outside Dunnes grocery is cordoned off with construction looking about to start. Is this where the new Aldi is going?

I see a number of the new controversial kiosks have started coming on stream. Butlers and Nespresso look good but others like the Flip Flop kiosk at bottom of travelators look shabby and thrown together.

Choux Be Doo has taken over Valerie's Patisserie in Debenhams and also the Nutella counter next to travelators. I never heard of them before but look similar to Valerie's. http://chouxbedoo.com/

Finally, I like the new look BBs Coffee and Muffins (now known as Bakers and Baristas) outside Boots. Very modern and attractive looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Choux Be Doo has taken over Valerie's Patisserie in Debenhams and also the Nutella counter next to travelators. I never heard of them before but look similar to Valerie's. http://chouxbedoo.com/

They've been by the travelator for over a year.

Advertisement