Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My car keeps vanishing :(

Now have the 1st area at max incomer but Emmanuel keeps telling me to go a warehouse, where is this warehouse never shows on the map?

Also game says secure more rackets, i dont see them either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The night into day, day into night transition is absolute crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well, patch 1.01 is out for PC, with the 30fps limit nonsense removed. Bafflingly it's 1.2 gig in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Spear wrote: »
    Well, patch 1.01 is out for PC, with the 30fps limit nonsense removed. Bafflingly it's 1.2 gig in size.

1.2 GB for what is equivelant to
    bsmoothframerate=False

in most other game's config files. Hmm.

Anyway, crowbcat vid is up.

AI are a bit dumb.

44B97AC85880A4222CD210ABC7B6638F07785951

Solved the car disappearing mystery

519AB2EF1AD327A555AD991A9CEA6755F81B6EB8

That marker is the boat I was too steal, it launched itself into the air when it spawned and landed 2km inland. Mission failed oddly.

0CCD8C8A11D7BCD46C628CF714EA6540AE03D8E9

Whoever does Donvans voice sounds exactly like Archer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

The embargo really does make sense now, this was only done for the protection of sales.

The embargo really does make sense now, this was only done for the protection of sales.

Reckon most reviews will land on it being a decent game.

It has bugs but nothing game breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A vid i recorded last night, walked into a room and the chair just went mental, thought it was quite funny.

PC patch introduces CTDs.......

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i cant understand why in this day and age pc ports are so god damn bad! youd think devs would have copped on to the fact that theres a massive install base of pc players willing to pay and play their games....if only they where competent versions

• Advertisement

People who get dooped will defend the game, but it's not uncommon to do this if you got invested in it from the start and or took the risk to buy post launch
    I haven't played the game but have witnessed enough of these titles launching without review copies going out prior to launch to know that 9 times out if 10 it's going to get slated by critics.
    It's all money at the end of the day, publishers I doubt give two ****s. Deadlines to meet. Bug ridden or not.
    If they had faith in the product the review would be out last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Every major release that gets a thread on here is becoming bogged down in PC spec posts its very frustrating when you're just coming in here to gauge what peoples opinion's on the actual game are and all you find is people bitching about frame rates and things ..Really should be a seperate thread for technical issues I've raised this point before aswell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Every major release that gets a thread on here is becoming bogged down in PC spec posts its very frustrating when you're just coming in here to gauge what peoples opinion's on the actual game are and all you find is people bitching about frame rates and things ..Really should be a seperate thread for technical issues I've raised this point before aswell

Or we could all just live together. It's not like the threads are getting swamped with these posts and if the info you want isn't in the thread then it's not because of these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

mostly seems to be people saying the game runs crap, looks crap and is full of bugs, havnt seen much tech specs. Anyway this is gaming general, not gaming console

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The game runs a lot better with that 30FPS lock removed, though they have changed a lot of the keybindings for some reason.

The game didn't run crap for me before the patch, it worked fine, it was just sluggish (running at 30fps, that's to be expected). All the bugs other people have been posting about, i've only encountered 2 in the 12+ hours i've been playing over the last few days.

One was a CTD, the other was the AI traffic spinning in circles which stopped when i completed a mission.

The game looks nice, and looked nice even yesterday.

Questionable decisions on 2K's part aside,
    Honestly, It's really quite good, even at 30 FPS it was quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mostly seems to be people saying the game runs crap, looks crap and is full of bugs, havnt seen much tech specs. Anyway this is gaming general, not gaming console

I'd like to have heard something on how it plays & its handling of the subject matter of its story though.
    If they make it 60 fps & improve the graphics it won't make any difference if the game itself is bad.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'd like to have heard something on how it plays & its handling of the subject matter of its story though.
    If they make it 60 fps & improve the graphics it won't make any difference if the game itself is bad.

True and I'm normally a gameplay over graphics guy every day of the week but even for me this looks so bad in places I'm finding it very distracting, like in a mission I did just there to collect some weed in a boat out in the bayou the textures were so bad I was totally focused on how bad they looked on a current gen console in 2016 and not on the mission itself. Then theres the AI it wobbles between being blind to them having xray vision and seeing you through walls or cover and worse shooting you through it.

The driving definitely feels like an improvement over the last game.

As others have sad and I agree the game itself is a good one and the story and subject matter are solid but if this game came from Ubisoft and had 'creed' or 'dogs' in it's title there would be massive uproar over it's current state, and I fully expect it to be torn apart once reviews from major sites hit.

EDIT: Some dug into the games files and found most of the textures don't exceed 512x512 if true no patch is fixing those.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

True and I'm normally a gameplay over graphics guy every day of the week but even for me this looks so bad in places I'm finding it very distracting, like in a mission I did just there to collect some weed in a boat o.

I met that guy too do that mission, where do you have too go ? I couldn't see where I was meant to go after talking with him.

I met that guy too do that mission, where do you have too go ? I couldn't see where I was meant to go after talking with him.

Ah I was looking at it for a while too, it's a purple weed Icon way over on the east edge of the map. Zoom in slightly or it disappears when fully zoomed out.

I've only done a few rackets but so far it's go to person to start mission, go to building and clear it out, back to first person who tells you where the boss is you have to kill. Boss is in the building you just cleared out and everyone has respawned. Clear out again and recruit/kill boss.

Clearing out the same building twice in one mission is some lazy ass design. Does this trend keep up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I've only done a few rackets but so far it's go to person to start mission, go to building and clear it out, back to first person who tells you where the boss is you have to kill. Boss is in the building you just cleared out and everyone has respawned. Clear out again and recruit/kill boss.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Clearing out the same building twice in one mission is some lazy ass design. Does this trend keep up?

I'm the same but from looking at youtube and Angry Joe's channel especially it is the same thing over and over. Pretty disappointing. It was cool the first time but it's so repetitive already.

Just watched that AJ vid, exactly what i was worried about. Dammit! Should have gotten tomb raider. I don't mind graphics as long as gameplay is good but what AJ pointed out and i felt the same in my short time is that Rackets feel like filler side quests but they are actually the main quests in this. Mafia 1 had epic missions in it, remember the hotel infiltration, bombing, rooftop escape, down through a church only bolt right into a funeral of a guy you killed a few missions back. Ah good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Just watched that AJ vid, exactly what i was worried about. Dammit! Should have gotten tomb raider. I don't mind graphics as long as gameplay is good but what AJ pointed out and i felt the same in my short time is that Rackets feel like filler side quests but they are actually the main quests in this. Mafia 1 had epic missions in it, remember the hotel infiltration, bombing, rooftop escape, down through a church only bolt right into a funeral of a guy you killed a few missions back. Ah good times.

Yeah really disappointing. I've actually traded mine into CEX for 45 quid while it's that price. Only a 5 quid hit. Was looking forward to this with ages but the 8 or so hours I put in were a serious grind and going by that video it only gets worse.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Beginning to feel the same here sleep.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats 2K for you, shower of cowboys Im telling ya....they are getting a terrible name for themselves tbh. I was just about to pull the plug on this coz I loved the other games. But I am having fierce trouble with NBA2K and the support is a joke......same game breaking bugs.

So I said no way I am giving them more money....fookin wiseguys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Guess i'll wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That vid is just pandering for views as the previous video on the game he and Other Joe were having a blast with the open world stuff for 3 hours yet now its awful?

The crappy AI, dodgy graphics and repetitive gameplay is something that is obvious pretty early in the game.

Guess i'll wait for a sale.

Man even at that , if I'd paid €10 for this it wouldn't make it any more palatable. The guys are right in the few hours I've played this after noon even it's decent story isn't enough to carry it through the repetition and I've only just finished the second district thats how early it gets repetitive :(

Worse for me being an achievement guy is the pos needs 2 plays, which I can't see happening and folks here know how much I love achievements :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

oh dear that is depressing. i'll wait till its free on PSN so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Venom wrote: »
    That vid is just pandering for views as the previous video on the game he and Other Joe were having a blast with the open world stuff for 3 hours yet now its awful?

The crappy AI, dodgy graphics and repetitive gameplay is something that is obvious pretty early in the game.

There is an IGN video too where the reviewer is asked about their current impressions before their final review and it's definitely more negative than positive, mostly for the same reasons.

Can't link properly as I'm on my phone.

Advertisement