Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

This released today ?

Yup.

New patch (PS4) has definitely made a difference with the visuals anyway.

Edit : Ok....still a bit messed up. :(

I think my main issue was the lighting, street lights on not giving off any light, sun giving you arc eye, sky boxes totally out of whack. Any improvements to those? Not that I care at this stage I got all the achievements done at the week end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

New patch (PS4) has definitely made a difference with the visuals anyway.

Edit : Ok....still a bit messed up. :(
    I think my main issue was the lighting, street lights on not giving off any light, sun giving you arc eye, sky boxes totally out of whack. Any improvements to those? Not that I care at this stage I got all the achievements done at the week end :)

I'm playing it on PC and it is fine for me.

Admittedly I didn't get it on launch day, I only purchased it a few days ago and there was a update the next day after I got it. But even still I had no problems with it and I am quite enjoying it but I am taking my time with it. I only play an hour or two every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

All achievements already? :eek:

I haven't even the tutorial part that teaches you how to lose the cops in the story yet :)

marcbrophy wrote: »

I haven't even the tutorial part that teaches you how to lose the cops in the story yet :)

What? I am not that far yet as I do not remember being taught how to lose the cops. It is fairly easy to lose them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

From the reviews I've seen, the missions to lure underbosses out etc are very very repetitive.
    The game doesn't sound appealing at all...and I was a big fan of the 2nd one :(

marcbrophy wrote: »

The second playthough was torture, I'm just glad they had none for getting all the playboy magazines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What? I am not that far yet as I do not remember being taught how to lose the cops. It is fairly easy to lose them anyway.

The part where you cause a distraction in the streets and then have to make your way to a getaway car.
    Vague I know, but I don't wanna spoiler for people!
    The second playthough was torture, I'm just glad they had none for getting all the playboy magazines etc.

Oh shít, I forgot you had to play a second time for all achievements. Some dedication to the hunt you have there :pac:

How do you assign districts? I've completed the first of Cassandra and Burke's side missions and it's now saying to assign a district. I've no idea how to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What a waste of your own time.
    There are so many amazing games out there that would be a better use of your time and a better experience for you...yet you waste time playing through a average/flawed game a 2nd time just to get achievements...which at the end of the day mean nothing to most people.
    Obviously it means something to you...not sure what...not something you'd brag about down the pub or they'd say about you at your funeral.

• Advertisement

How do you assign districts? I've completed the first of Cassandra and Burke's side missions and it's now saying to assign a district. I've no idea how to though.

It's telling you you need to assign more districts to those characters so you can continue the side missions, you would have assigned any available already.

Once you take over a racket / district you get a pop up asking you to assign it, you can't miss it.

Managed it last night. I didn't finish one of the tasks in one of the districts so that was stopping that part of the story happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There are so many amazing games out there that would be a better use of your time and a better experience for you...yet you waste time playing through a average/flawed game a 2nd time just to get achievements...which at the end of the day mean nothing to most people.
    Obviously it means something to you...not sure what...not something you'd brag about down the pub or they'd say about you at your funeral.

I understand what you're saying but you could probably say the same thing about every game. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever regret I spend so much time playing games and not doing other things. I must be getting old, cynical and cranky. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

SeantheMan wrote: »

What a waste of your time writing this comment. There are so many amazing things you could be writing that would be a better use of your time and a better experience for you.., yet you waste your time complaining about how other people spend their time...which at the end of the day means nothing to most people.

Got my first crash today on PC. I was just driving to a mission turned the corner and game just crashed. Luckily I had saved just before that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished this, Christ what a chore it was by the end, have no desire to plat this as it requires two playthroughs :rolleyes:.

Just finished this, Christ what a chore it was by the end, have no desire to plat this as it requires two playthroughs :rolleyes:.

I enjoyed it towards the end. In around the middle I got fed up doing roughly the same type missions but I left it a few days and came back and started to enjoy taking over different areas.

On PC I just had one crash so not too bad. There was a update for the game after I had finished playing, but I do not know what the change log was.

I got all the achievements and playing it twice was torture even for a self-confessed achievement whore like me :(

Missables or make you play twice in a sandbox are a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If they cut out the filler and left only Story Missions this would have been much better.

I enjoyed it but felt I was forced to play it longer than it needed to be played.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If they cut out the filler and left only Story Missions this would have been much better.

I enjoyed it but felt I was forced to play it longer than it needed to be played.

My steam account says I played for 30 hours and I didn't play any side missions except the first IRA one where you collect the cars.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

It'd be a 10 hour game at that stage. Probably better for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My steam account says I played for 30 hours and I didn't play any side missions except the first IRA one where you collect the cars.

The take over missions are filler leading you to the final level to kill whoever in the place you already cleared.
    It'd be a 10 hour game at that stage. Probably better for it though.

yeah 1 and 2 worked that way, I reckon at some point it was felt it was too short the filler was added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Is this worth picking up on ps4 store on the black friday sales? Is the game worth playing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thegame wrote: »
    Is this worth picking up on ps4 store on the black friday sales? Is the game worth playing?

If its a decent price sure but beware you may get bored fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ok, so I've just completed the mission with
    Olivia

Now there's nothing on the map for story missions. Only optional missions. No idea what to be doing. Any advice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ok, so I've just completed the mission with
    Olivia

Now there's nothing on the map for story missions. Only optional missions. No idea what to be doing. Any advice?

Did you check the mansion down south east in the swamps for a mission icon?

Spear wrote: »
    Did you check the mansion down south east in the swamps for a mission icon?

Nothing there at all. Only thing around that region is an optional mission for weed smuggling.

Restarted the game but nothing still.

Finally finished. Such a bloody chore. A major disappointment. I guess it was worth it to get to the cutscenes and that right there tells you all you need to know about the gameplay.

A real missed opportunity. There's glimpses of what this game could have been. (Strong opening, the boxing mission, the end mission) All hamstrung by repetitive gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Finally finished. Such a bloody chore. A major disappointment. I guess it was worth it to get to the cutscenes and that right there tells you all you need to know about the gameplay.

A real missed opportunity. There's glimpses of what this game could have been. (Strong opening, the boxing mission, the end mission) All hamstrung by repetitive gameplay.

Which ending did you go for though?

• Advertisement

There was a good few missions in there alright, but the filler was awful. 30 hours it took me. I really liked the amusement park mission. The stealth part of gameplay was quite good as well. The previous two Mafia games had none as far as I remember.

Advertisement