Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Type 17 wrote: »
    Should it be "Data for use in the Republic of Ireland Only."?

If so, I'm sure that it's just a typo, albeit a very confusing one, as it could be interpreted that the data is just for us in the ROI, ie: not for foreigners/inbound roamers.

Must be.

Seems they've updated it :pac::pac:

vIF1OTp.png

**We're just poking harmless fun at a typo @any mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

CVB must be lurking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Another major outage this afternoon.

Kensington wrote: »
    Another major outage this afternoon.

Didn't notice! For how long?

Couldn't dial out from at least 5pm until after 6.30pm. A few texts went AWOL as well since this afternoon. Data has been very slow all today as well.

I'm battling them for an unlock code on a prepay z5 compact for over a month now so I can port away from them.

However the other half, her dad, her brother and his wife, my own mother and sister will be all porting out over the next few days. Patience has run out with the constant outages, ridiculous customer care holding times and the amateur hour showdown in head office where every ticket falls into some mysterious black hole never to be responded to again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jesseps

Bye bye ID Mobile. Going to try out Meteor.

I have been in Dublin since September and I am now on going to my 3rd mobile carrier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'm on the €29 plan (free for 3 months though) and I'm just wondering would calling an 0818 number be free?

I'm well within my minutes but I can't see anything on the site other than out of bundle rates.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Niemoj wrote: »
    I'm on the €29 plan (free for 3 months though) and I'm just wondering would calling an 0818 number be free?

I'm well within my minutes but I can't see anything on the site other than out of bundle rates.

Cheers.

Highly doubt 0818 numbers are included in your monthly allowance, afaik on Vodafone include 0818 in there inclusive mins on bill pay

This seems to indicate a rate of 35c per minute

http://www.idmobile.ie/out-of-plan-charges

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Out of plan charges.

Here are the rates that apply for any out of plan services that you might need.
    When you use up your monthly minutes, texts and data allowances some charges apply. Below you'll find the rates that apply for the various services you might need.
    Standard Irish charges.
    Your iD plan includes calls to Irish mobiles, landlines, your iD Care Team and voicemail; texts to Irish mobiles, and data for use in Ireland only. Once you use up your plan allowance the charges below apply.
    Per minute charges
    Calls to iD mobiles €0.35
    Calls to other Irish mobiles €0.35
    Call to landlines €0.35
    Calls to voicemail €0.15
    Per call charges
    Calls to iD Care Team – 1747 (from your iD mobile) €0.15
    Calls to iD Care Team – 089 7001747 (from a non-iD mobile) €0.15
    Per text charges
    Text to Irish Mobiles €0.15
    Per 50MB charge
    Data charge €1.00
    Call save, low call and other non-geograhpic numbers.
    The following rates apply for any call to non-geographic numbers whilst in Ireland.
    1800 numbers Free
    Per call charges
    1850 numbers €0.35
    Per minute charges
    1890 numbers €0.35
    0818 numbers €0.35
    0700 numbers €0.35
    076 (Voice over IP) numbers €0.35
    Premium rate calls.
    The following rates apply for any calls to premium rate numbers whilst in Ireland.
    Per call charges
    1512 numbers €0.50
    1513 numbers €0.70
    1514 numbers €0.90
    1515 numbers €1.20
    1516 numbers €1.80
    1517 numbers €2.50
    1518 numbers €3.50
    Per minute charges
    1520 numbers €0.30
    1530 numbers €0.50
    1540 numbers €0.70
    1550 numbers €1.20
    1560 numbers €1.80
    1570 numbers €2.40
    1580 numbers €2.95
    1590 numbers €3.50
    1598 numbers €3.50
    1599 numbers €3.50

Texts to short codes and MMS charges.
    The following rates apply for any texts to short codes or MMS in Ireland.
    50XXX short codes Free of charge
    51XXX short codes Not exceeding 16c
    53XXX short codes Not exceeding 80c
    57XXX short codes Charges from 80c and above
    MMS
    MMS to Irish mobiles €0.35 per MMS
    Directory enquiries.
    The following rates apply for calls to directory enquiry services whilst in Ireland.
    Short codes Connection fee Price per minute
    11811* €3.00 €2.00
    11818* €3.00 €2.00
    11827 €3.00 €2.00
    11850 €5.50 €3.00
    11860 €5.50 €3.00
    11880 €5.50 €3.00
    11890 €5.50 €3.00
    11822 €3.00 €2.00
    11824 €5.50 €3.00
    11891 €3.00 €2.00
    11888 €3.00 €2.00
    * Connection fee does not include the first minute.
    Call divert.
    Call forwarding to voicemail Free
    Per minute charges
    Call forwarding to another number in Ireland €0.35

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Is anybody here by any chance using iDMobile with hullomail?

If so, does it work for you correctly, I can divert to hullomail but the call disconnects 3 seconds into the voicemail greeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Do you mean Hullomail? If so, I couldn't get it to work, and ID customer care/tech support confirmed that they do not allow diverts to numbers other than the ID voicemail number (Hullomail is brilliant, but requires a divert to an Irish VoIP 076 number).

My wife's mobile number comes off contract with 3 (former O2 customer) next month, and if ID haven't allowed this by then, we are both off to another network that does (and which provides 4G in a monthly contract for less than €20/month - we are both light users).

Type 17 wrote: »
    Do you mean Hullomail? If so, I couldn't get it to work, and ID customer care/tech support confirmed that they do not allow diverts to numbers other than the ID voicemail number (Hullomail is brilliant, but requires a divert to an Irish VoIP 076 number).

My wife's mobile number comes off contract with 3 (former O2 customer) next month, and if ID haven't allowed this by then, we are both off to another network that does (and which provides 4G in a monthly contract for less than €20/month - we are both light users).

Thanks "Type 17" , I could get it to divert to the VoIP number but the call always disconnects after 3 seconds into the hullomail greeting.

It's a shame because I really miss hullomail.

It's a shame because I really miss hullomail.

Assuming that they can't/don't fix it, I'm missing Hullomail more than I'm going to miss iD*.

*which isn't too bad otherwise.

Has anybody had the October Bill deducted from their bank account?

It was supposed to be taken on 26 November but no attempt has been made yet. I spoke to customer care and they told me there is a delay but it got the feeling she did not check my account but rather did a general statement.

Has anybody had the October Bill deducted from their bank account?

It was supposed to be taken on 26 November but no attempt has been made yet. I spoke to customer care and they told me there is a delay but it got the feeling she did not check my account but rather did a general statement.

No, nothing out here either, must be a general thing with all accounts. Was the same a few months back. It will be deducted eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My bill from 31/10 for 15.32 is still unpaid.

Still haven't been debited for 31/10 here either.

Anyway it's time up for me with iD, ported away this morning.

Looks like they sorted it out, my bank shows me upcoming direct debits before they happen and it says they will take the money tomorrow.

Just to confirm to everyone that there is an issue for iD mobiles sending texts to (at least some, if not all) shortcodes - I have been getting texts from Advance Pitstop (APS), which included the usual "to opt-out, send Stop to 5xxxx" bit. I sent the Stop text to the shortcode after three different texts over three months, but got no reply, and continued to recieve texts.

When I contacted APS, I got the email address of the marketing director, who was very helpful, and checked with their SMS text partner, who found that iD Stop texts sent to the shortcode (51565) do not get through to their server.

It's pretty pathetic that APS, their SMS partner, and myself had to waste time on an issue that is iD's problem, and which has (probably) existed since before the public network launch.

This, and their other issue with being unable to divert to anywhere other than iD voicemail, is why I'll be porting out soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Thanks for the info, yeah it's really annoying, I'm trying to text Christmas fm to donate a few bob and it won't go through :(

• Advertisement

2632GB over my allowance! :D:D:D:D

osiRg2l.jpg

Seems they need to proofread the website some more. Its missing the MB part after amount used.

* I know this is just nitpicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

FrostyJim wrote: »
    2632GB over my allowance! :D:D:D:D

Seems they need to proofread the website some more. Its missing the MB part after amount used.

* I know this is just nitpicking!

It isn't even 20gb they give you. I got a txt telling me i had reached my limit of 20gb, when i checked it on myid, it said i had used 20,000Mb which is not 20Gb.

Still haven't had a bill taken out since i joined in October. Does this mean all future bills will be delayed too or am i going to be getting hit in quick succession with bills. Internet speeds still poor as well.

malcy wrote: »
    It isn't even 20gb they give you. I got a txt telling me i had reached my limit of 20gb, when i checked it on myid, it said i had used 20,000Mb which is not 20Gb.

Still haven't had a bill taken out since i joined in October. Does this mean all future bills will be delayed too or am i going to be getting hit in quick succession with bills. Internet speeds still poor as well.

It's little things like the above that make me think this crowd aren't taking things seriously and would make me wonder about their future. My internet speeds are much better than when i was on 3 even though I'm using the same masts. Saying that people have mentioned a good few outages. Personally I haven't noticed any but that may just me being lucky.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    It's little things like the above that make me think this crowd aren't taking things seriously and would make me wonder about their future. My internet speeds are much better than when i was on 3 even though I'm using the same masts. Saying that people have mentioned a good few outages. Personally I haven't noticed any but that may just me being lucky.

Yeah they need to sort themselves out sharpish. If their Twitter feed is anything to go by, it seems a lot of people have had problems and a good few have left the network.

I'm home in Scotland at the moment and arrived to find i had no network coverage whatsoever which caused me massive problems. There was no way i was ringing their customer support from someones phone and paying a fortune being on hold for a lengthy time as usual so decided to email. Nope can't do that so sent them a tweet. 3 days later i nowhave coverage and can catch up on texts, calls etc. The support network is pretty woeful. Roaming charges are pricey too.

Can see myself leaving this network shortly. One disaster after another.....

Yeah they need to sort themselves out sharpish. If their Twitter feed is anything to go by, it seems a lot of people have had problems and a good few have left the network.

I'm home in Scotland at the moment and arrived to find i had no network coverage whatsoever which caused me massive problems. There was no way i was ringing their customer support from someones phone and paying a fortune being on hold for a lengthy time as usual so decided to email. Nope can't do that so sent them a tweet. 3 days later i nowhave coverage and can catch up on texts, calls etc. The support network is pretty woeful. Roaming charges are pricey too.

Can see myself leaving this network shortly. One disaster after another.....

What would you have done if you were with Vodafone or Three or Meteor?

What would you have done if you were with Vodafone or Three or Meteor?

Having been with these networks i wouldn't have had to do anything. Anytime i've came home it has automatically worked the minute ive switched my phone on telling me what the charges are abroad etc.

Having been with these networks i wouldn't have had to do anything. Anytime i've came home it has automatically worked the minute ive switched my phone on telling me what the charges are abroad etc.

But say that it didn't work. What would you have done?

I've had roaming issues with Three in the past. Then other times it's been okay. same with O2.

But say that it didn't work. What would you have done?

I've had roaming issues with Three in the past. Then other times it's been okay. same with O2.

Well obviously i would have had the same nightmare issues i had when i came over. I wold have had to contact them at my own cost which as much as i wouldn't want to do, would of had to.

Okay, so you just didn't want to pay for the call.

Given that ID are an Irish network (I am aware that their is a UK ID too but for all intents they are different companies in this regard), the issue was with your roaming and given that they are relatively newly launched, is there a chance that you just didn't call them before travelling since you moved to the network, to set up roaming. Maybe?

I landed in Bristol in October and no problem. I was in Ireland in November and no problem. And if there was a problem, I probably would have called them if it was so urgent and inconvenient.

Also, surely you have a UK sim that you could have used, like I do when I head to Britain? Seems like you're complaining about a whole pile of nothing tbh.

• Advertisement

Okay, so you just didn't want to pay for the call.

Given that ID are an Irish network (I am aware that their is a UK ID too but for all intents they are different companies in this regard), the issue was with your roaming and given that they are relatively newly launched, is there a chance that you just didn't call them before travelling since you moved to the network, to set up roaming. Maybe?

I landed in Bristol in October and no problem. I was in Ireland in November and no problem. And if there was a problem, I probably would have called them if it was so urgent and inconvenient.

Also, surely you have a UK sim that you could have used, like I do when I head to Britain? Seems like you're complaining about a whole pile of nothing tbh.

What exactly is your problem? No i did not want to be on hold for 20 odd minutes as is usual with any time i've had to ring them as i would of had to ring from an airport payphone so yes i did not want to pay for the call. I asked when i joined about UK coverage and they said it will work fine and be on straight away when you switch your phone on at the other side. My UK sim is kept in the UK as i hardly use it.

I can't understand why it seems to concern you so much.

Advertisement