Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FrostyJim wrote:
    No problems here as of now anyway.

Problems seemed to have been sorted just after 7pm, issues began happening after 4pm, was near impossible to make a call without it been dropped and likewise, people have trouble contacting id numbers.

Patience are just about gone with this lot now.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You need to choose automatic so it picks the best one available at the time.

I have. It doesn't. I'm my room I can get 2 bars of 4g, but that can drop to no bars, at which point I switch over to the other id network operator and I get the edge network, and "roaming".

Screenshot has the 2 network operators I'm talking about. I'd rather a sliver of 3g/4g than the edge network

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm honestly having very little issue with ID. Only real problem I had was logging into MyID and that's now sorted.

As regards the lacking in auto-switching between Edge and 3G/4G; sure it can be annoying, but no more annoying than it was on Three.

It happens in a couple of blackspots for me and I just search for the new network or reset on airplane mode and it's grand. It really doesn't interfere that much with my daily life.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Right. Moving back to tesco. Seems to be persistent issues with iD.

• Advertisement

Im gonna try swap out my sim with a new ID sim card today. See if that helps with my transitioning between their multiple networks. Hopes are severely slim.

I know 48mobile are just a reseller of Three, but are they any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

I did...and its been so much better....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

dSleeper wrote: »
    I did...and its been so much better....

In what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

In what sense?

Oh...that should have been a reply to
    MarkR wrote: »
    Right. Moving back to tesco. Seems to be persistent issues with iD.

I moved back to tescomobile, and I have access to (what was) O2 coverage and 3g.
    While with ID I only had access to 2g from the o2 masts, hence Edge coverage in most places I went..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

October debit taken from account today.

• Advertisement

Network issues again now, calls dropping all over the place again, that is if you can actually manage to get thru. €15 deal is pointless if you can't make or receive calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

What the feck is going on with these lads at all. There's been a major issue or total outage practically every single day for the past week.

No follow up to fault tickets.
    No admission to what is wrong.
    No sign of a resolution.

They came in promising to revolutionise the market but how can anyone take them seriously when you can't even make a damn phone call on the network half the time.

Kensington wrote: »
    What the feck is going on with these lads at all. There's been a major issue or total outage practically every single day for the past week.

No follow up to fault tickets.
    No admission to what is wrong.
    No sign of a resolution.

They came in promising to revolutionise the market but how can anyone take them seriously when you can't even make a damn phone call on the network half the time.

Today was final straw for me, I took the last two remaining numbers I had with them to other networks, I was just sick to death of their apologies and these same issues crippling their service almost on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

I signed up for a 30 day contract with ID. I was told I would be sent a text message when I was close to my 20gb monthly limit. I never received the text and got hit with a 147euro bill.

When I contacted Customer care over a week ago they said they would raise it as a ticket with head office. I heard nothing back and and now the money has been debited from my account. Now I cannot reach customer care at all on 1747

Does anyone have an email address for ID customer care. I cant reach them on 1747.

Is anyone else having this problem.

I would warn against taking any contracts with this shower. They put a 75euro cap on what you can spend in the contract but if you dont get the text message warning you you are reaching your 20gb limit there is nothing to stop you from hitting the 75 euro cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Call iD care team on : 0897001747

Thanks but I cant get through on that number either. I initially get the automated menu and then get left holding endlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

iD care team email address is : emailform@idmobile.ie Hope this helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Today was final straw for me, I took the last two remaining numbers I had with them to other networks, I was just sick to death of their apologies and these same issues crippling their service almost on a daily basis.

I too jumped ship from iD. To say that their service is nothing but a shambles is an understatement. I relied on my phone for work and at times I had management on my back because they couldn't get through. No matter how many times they apologized it simply wasn't good enough.

CVB wrote: »

Thank you very much. Ill try that now. Ive tried contacting them on Twitter also but got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kensutz wrote: »
    I too jumped ship from iD. To say that their service is nothing but a shambles is an understatement. I relied on my phone for work and at times I had management on my back because they couldn't get through. No matter how many times they apologized it simply wasn't good enough.

Should they not provide you with a work phone?!

• Advertisement

rigmaroll wrote: »
    Thank you very much. Ill try that now. Ive tried contacting them on Twitter also but got no response.
    Their whole customer service team seem to be offline or otherwise non-operational this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Should they not provide you with a work phone?!

Nope because being out sick and then having a service where nobody can reach me makes it look like I'm avoiding calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

kensutz wrote: »
    Nope because being out sick and then having a service where nobody can reach me makes it look like I'm avoiding calls.

Dodgy iD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

You're back again I see, Mr. Dixon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

rigmaroll wrote: »
    I signed up for a 30 day contract with ID. I was told I would be sent a text message when I was close to my 20gb monthly limit. I never received the text and got hit with a 147euro bill.

When I contacted Customer care over a week ago they said they would raise it as a ticket with head office. I heard nothing back and and now the money has been debited from my account. Now I cannot reach customer care at all on 1747

Does anyone have an email address for ID customer care. I cant reach them on 1747.

Is anyone else having this problem.

I would warn against taking any contracts with this shower. They put a 75euro cap on what you can spend in the contract but if you dont get the text message warning you you are reaching your 20gb limit there is nothing to stop you from hitting the 75 euro cap.

Aha that is where my data traffic is counted against, I was already wondering why my bill and online record does not reflect my real data download.

I have the total opposite, I know I have used allowance but it does not show on either bill or show up in the online interface. For example last month I downloaded over 5 GB but only 613 MB were listed. This month so far I did over 8 GB but only 512 MB are showing up online.

But beside that I don't have any problems with ID, no dropped calls, sms are showing up on time at both ends, call quality is as clear as it gets and I have solid 4G network connections (which just don't count as data).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Or if you want to log a complain:
    customer.direct@idmobile.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Logged a complaint with them last week. Was promised a call a day later.... No call. Now They won't answer my calls at all! I wonder do id mobile give a crap that their outsourcing of customer care isn't working at all. (much like their network)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Logged a complaint with them last week. Was promised a call a day later.... No call. Now They won't answer my calls at all! I wonder do id mobile give a crap that their outsourcing of customer care isn't working at all. (much like their network)

The customer care team - both on phone and facebook are as helpful as they can be.

However as soon as they refer the ticket over to head office... silence.

Management seems to be the issue, not customer care.

• Advertisement

Customer Care are only as good as the tools they are provided with, in this case iDMobile management couldn't care less about all us giving out as that is why they are paying an outside company to handle their customer care.

The social media team aren't great thou, they seem to have a standard reply to people, "send us a DM msg with your number and we can look it to this for you" followed by "we are following you now" and that's seems to be it then.

Advertisement