Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 2016 6Nations/Junior World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Extremely harsh yellow. Possibly ruined the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's a joke. Really poor from the officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Slight lean I suppose when looked at in slo mo, but ffs in comparison to the shoulder earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

wp_rathead wrote: »
    claffery didn't move into the welshmans path - just stood his ground - never a penalty never mind a yellow
    Agree ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's an absolute joke of a decision. Especially with the clear body check earlier. Standard French maverick reffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

krazyklown wrote: »
    I think thats a ridiculous call - thought the welsh player feigned a bit too.

He went down like a soccer player. Shocking carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ludicrous. Especially after that tackle on the Irish player not too long before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

claffery didn't move into the welshmans path - just stood his ground - never a penalty never mind a yellow
    Moved his right leg out and shifted his hips to ensure contact. Definitely intended to obstruct.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

"Shame" to see young Giles go off. Looked very talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

That's possibly the worst decision I've seen in rugby when taking into account that the TMO got several views of it.

Correct to say that the referee can't see the replay himself because there's no screen?

• Advertisement

Moved his right leg out and shifted his hips to ensure contact. Definitely intended to obstruct.

Barely moved. Slight contact with his buttocks.

That's possibly the worst decision I've seen in rugby when taking into account that the TMO got several views of it.

Correct to say that the referee can't see the replay himself because there's no screen?

Yeah you're right, probably unfair to blame the ref.

But I'm going to blame him anyway because he's French and it's a Friday night, the bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Lovely try. Too many Irish lads bumped off.

But I'm going to blame him anyway because he's French and it's a Friday night, the bollocks.

:D

Just that.

It's a decision that's killed the game for us too so it's frustrating - 10 points since that decision.

Not sure which was worse, the penalty try from the 22 in the Munster - Connacht match or that yellow... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Very soft try. Winger and 10 pushed away far too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

corny wrote: »
    Lovely try. Too many Irish lads bumped off.

Started with a good block by Deegan but then McPhillips was swiped aside at ease, our two centres went for the one man on the wing when was no need- the lad did a nice offload and the guy in support was able get away from Gallagher..

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Did the replay show a stamp/ kick to the head there?

I don't have rewind. Maybe someone could check ad I only saw it once. It was at the front of the maul or ruck as we were on the Welsh line. RTE showed a slow motion clip after the attack had ended. It was just after the YC for Wales.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Very soft try. Winger and 10 pushed away far too easily.

McPhillips doesn't look to be much of a fan of tackling.

Started with a good block by Deegan but then McPhillips was swiped aside at ease, our two centres went for the one man on the wing when was no need- the lad did a nice offload and the guy in support was able get away from Gallagher..

McPhillips looks very weak defensively. Maybe a bad day in the office but it must improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Barely moved. Slight contact with his buttocks.
    He stepped into him. If he'd kept both feet planted he might have got away with it, but I rewatched it a number of times and it's pretty clear. The thing is that he cost the team, not the ref. You don't do stupid sh1t and you don't get binned. Simples.

• Advertisement

He stepped into him. If he'd kept both feet planted he might have got away with it, but I rewatched it a number of times and it's pretty clear. The thing is that he cost the team, not the ref. You don't do stupid sh1t and you don't get binned. Simples.

Contact was minimal. The Welsh player isn't a 30kg little child, he made the most of the contact and no chance that warranted a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

not in a million years
    He turned around which he is entitled to do, you have to retreat to get onside - he did not step into the path of the player

You're in a world of your own on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

He most certainly did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Browne, Poland and Ryan the standouts for me on the Irish team. Going by that performance, don't know how Browne didn't start based on that performance.

I strongly disagree. Barely moved and have watched it a few times. Allowed to stand your ground and certainly didn't move enough to bring the Welsh player down.

not in a million years
    He turned around which he is entitled to do, you have to retreat to get onside - he did not step into the path of the player

You're also completely entitled to brace from impact, whether that's lifting your shoulder or your hip. It wasn't illegal, let alone a binning.

He stepped while both feet were planted? How does one do that? :confused:

Wasn't a penalty, let alone a yellow card. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Disappointing that the yellow cost us 10 points and we lost by 11, the fact that it was such a ludicrous decision makes it more so. The Welsh 10 who made the most of it could have been binned a few minutes before for a no hands tackle. An exciting high tempo game though, not expecting to see that on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

corny wrote: »
    He most certainly did not.

He did a little, but the slow motion as usual made it look worse. In real time it looked innocuous.

Advertisement