Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 2015/2016 Season thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

awec wrote: »
    Why is it that Munster Connacht can get a neutral ref (Welsh) and we end up with him? How can this keep happing?

Nobody likes ulster ;) what odds are leinster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Why is it that Munster Connacht can get a neutral ref (Welsh) and we end up with him? How can this keep happing?

Just the 26-10 win for Ulster with two yellow cards for Leinster the last time he reffed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Because our game is an important top of the table clash ;)

Seriously though neutral does not imply better

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

That's incredibly terrible refereeing. You don't butt in like that unless you are absolutely sure and those were amazingly bad decisions!

• Administrators Posts: 53,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just the 26-10 win for Ulster with two yellow cards for Leinster the last time he reffed them.

Don't worry, I doubt he'll let us win again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

He got the shirt colours mixed up.....:D. He had to give the Cinnamon/Half caff/ Macchiato /Cappucinno maker machine back to Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Lacey has turned out, after promising beginnings to be a very poor ref. He got absolutely slated in the press for his RWC performance. For an ex-player he has no empathy at all for tyhe players or the game. He is like Wayne Barnes.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,229 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jacothelad wrote: »
    Lacey has turned out, after promising beginnings to be a very poor ref. He got absolutely slated in the press for his RWC performance. For an ex-player he has no empathy at all for tyhe players or the game. He is like Wayne Barnes.

??
    a ref that got almost universal praise for his RWC performances.....

im not saying i rate lacey highyl, i dont... but comparing him to probably the second best ref in the world at the moment doesnt do your argument any favours

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ??
    a ref that got almost universal praise for his RWC performances.....

im not saying i rate lacey highyl, i dont... but comparing him to probably the second best ref in the world at the moment doesnt do your argument any favours

Yeah, I think Barnes is a decent ref, and was really very good in the RWC. I don't think much of Lacey at all.

• Administrators Posts: 53,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

jacothelad wrote: »

Perhaps questions need to be asked of the people who train referees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Perhaps questions need to be asked of the people who train referees.

Jaco's favourite ref used to do just that for the Six Nations referees.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's an indictment of the refereeing standards in the Pro12 that after Nigel Owens, the next best referee is a Romanian based in Italy...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

b.gud wrote: »
    Because our game is an important top of the table clash ;)

Seriously though neutral does not imply better
    Is this guy any relation to Nigel Whitehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Is this guy any relation to Nigel Whitehouse?
    son

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

son
    Must run in the family ....

His old man wasn't any good either ..... If my memory serves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No idea why anyone would want to be a professional referee. Here's someone at the very beginning of his career and any time his name is mentioned people rush to attack him based on one or two bad performances, I really don't understand it. He seems a good guy and also seems to have plenty of potential of becoming a good ref, but people are already making up their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I actually like Ben Whitehouse, plus he has reffed Connacht twice this season already against Zebre and Dragons so the players can have no excuse of not being familar

No idea why anyone would want to be a professional referee. Here's someone at the very beginning of his career and any time his name is mentioned people rush to attack him based on one or two bad performances, I really don't understand it. He seems a good guy and also seems to have plenty of potential of becoming a good ref, but people are already making up their minds.

I don't know much about the guy - it's just that the clips someone posted earlier are pretty damning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Times, dates and broadcast details of round 13 -17 games announced

b.gud wrote: »
    Times, dates and broadcast details of round 13 -17 games announced

I wonder when they'll play the three matche posponed from 8/9 January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

vienne86 wrote: »

The postponed European fixtures will be played then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

vienne86 wrote: »

There is a break in the Pro12 during the 6N and then there's also a free weekend for the QF/SF/F of the ERCC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Glasgow losing 6-3 at home to Treviso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Glasgow get the win in the end with a late flourish. Hayward missed penalties either side of half time which would have given Treviso a real chance. Some decent results for Zebre and Treviso recently which the league badly needs. For Glasgow last week was a real setback which may have carried over to this game somewhat.

The postponed European fixtures will be played then.

Yes, which is why those Pro 12 fixtures have to be postponed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Cardiff Blues are second bottom with 1 win in 7 games yet have a points difference of +4. That's mad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cardiff are such a funny team. They never really lose by much, about 7 or 8 points, but they lose alot even though they tend to score points a good bit too.

The reason they've still a + points difference is they scored 61 against Zebre in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Cardiff are such a funny team. They never really lose by much, about 7 or 8 points, but they lose alot even though they tend to score points a good bit too.

The reason they've still a + points difference is they scored 61 against Zebre in the first round.

If i remember correctly, they looked very promising and like they may strongly challenge the top 6 this year in that game, even though it was Zebre. They played beautifully attacking rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Scarlets beat Zebre 20-12 today. They had two tries inside 12 minutes but Zebre had it back to 17-12 late on but made some poor decision which eventually allowed Scarlets close it out.

• Advertisement

Scarlets beat Zebre 20-12 today. They had two tries inside 12 minutes but Zebre had it back to 17-12 late on but made some poor decision which eventually allowed Scarlets close it out.

Did Scarlets get the TBP?

Advertisement