Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis - new festival?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Some great additions this morning, very excited now.

Hot Chip
    Four Tet
    Floating Points
    Let Galaxie
    Flight Facilities

Too name a few

let galaxie do what ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

peteeeed wrote: »
    let galaxie do what ? :)

Damn phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cracking lineup :)

Saturday
    The Roots
    Hot Chip
    Flight Facilities
    Todd Terje [Live]
    Vic Mensa
    Tiga [Live]
    Vince Staples
    Le Galaxie
    Omar Souleyman
    Dorian Concept [Live]
    Matthew Herbert [Live]
    Booka Brass Band
    Cloud Castle Lake
    Formation
    White Collar Boy
    Gemma Dunleavy
    Clu [Live]

Sunday
    CHIC feat Nile Rodgers
    Mark Ronson
    Jamie xx
    Giorgio Moroder
    Kaytranada
    Jeff Mills
    Four Tet [Live]
    KiNK [Live]
    Kerri Chandler
    Floating Points
    Maribou State [Live]
    Nosaj Thing [Live]
    Benji B
    Kormac's Big Band
    Trinity Orchestra Perform LCD Soundsystem
    Forrests

More announcements still to come

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Saturday
    The Roots
    Hot Chip
    Flight Facilities
    Todd Terje [Live]
    Vic Mensa
    Tiga [Live]
    Vince Staples
    Le Galaxie
    Omar Souleyman
    Dorian Concept [Live]
    Matthew Herbert [Live]
    Booka Brass Band
    Cloud Castle Lake
    Formation
    White Collar Boy
    Gemma Dunleavy
    Clu [Live]

Sunday
    CHIC feat Nile Rodgers
    Mark Ronson
    Jamie xx
    Giorgio Moroder
    Kaytranada
    Jeff Mills
    Four Tet [Live]
    KiNK [Live]
    Kerri Chandler
    Floating Points
    Maribou State [Live]
    Nosaj Thing [Live]
    Benji B
    Kormac's Big Band
    Trinity Orchestra Perform LCD Soundsystem
    Forrests

Day by day lineup released too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Trinity Orchestra performing LCD Soundsystem too, that should be cool. What a good line up, there will surely be a sickening amount of clashes considering it's only a 2 day event and has to finish by 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I'm getting mighty tempted but it's €150 for the two days and can't obviously bring drink in...I had banked on one day being better than the other but they are both really strong...conflicted!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If i do go ill be going the first night especially with Hot Chip and Flight Facilities added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Amazing lineup, the closing time is a joke tbh and it starts quite early in the day.

Last time I saw some of those DJs they weren't even starting their sets until 2am nevermind having to finish up before 11:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Not sure if it's been posted, but it finishes on Saturday at 12am and Sunday at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

whats the name of the song at the very end of the radio add? it only plays for a few seconds and it was stuck in my head before this add and it's driving me insane!!

edit: todd terje - inspector norse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Love that song. Anyone seen Terje before? Is he any use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Synode wrote: »

Everyone is waiting for him to bring his proper ..and the olsens live show. This is another live on his own set.

Synode wrote: »

Excellent. Have seen him three times now, twice doing a live show and once doing a DJ set. As lbj666 said his 'Todd Terje & The Olsens' show has been doing the rounds at some of the larger festivals such as Glastonbury and Coachella and it would be great to see that come to Electric Picnic or something next year but I've really enjoyed his solo live shows too.

Has some unbelievably good tunes apart from Inspector Norse, would advise looking up the likes of Ragysh, Strandbar, Spiral and Delorean Dynamite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

They seem to be taking a leaf out of the US book ala Outside Lands with the 11pm finish which is fine.

150 euro for a new festival isn't worth it though, especially since you can't bring in any drink. 120 would have been fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

Some announcements made for the spoken word part of the festival.
    November 7 and 8 Conversation & Spoken Word elements - and a highly impressive and eclectic line-up it is too!

Taking place in The Library and Concert Hall areas of the RDS, Giorgio Moroder, Howard Marks, Sir David Rodigan and John Cooper Clarke are all confirmed along with David Haslam, Mike Pickering and Greg Wilson who are joining forces for the Legend Of The Hacienda panel.

The Light House cinema will also be curating special screenings of the fabulous Tony Wilson and Factory Records biopic, 24 Hour Party People, and, appropriately enough, Fritz Lang's 1927 classic, Metropolis.

Hot Press can exclusively reveal the participation of Nelson George, the New York columnist, filmmaker and culture critic who was Billboard Music Editor for a large chunk of the '80s; helped finance Spike Lee's debut feature, She's Gotta Have It; flexed his cinematic muscles further with Chris Rock, Samuel L. Jackson, Queen Latifah and Halle Berry, and has penned top notch tomes on Motown, Michael Jackson, James Brown and the state of the hip hop nation.

We're also looking forward to meeting Rob Doyle whose Here Are The Young Men was hailed by many - Hot Press included - as one of the finest debut Irish novels of the millennium so far. The follow-up, This Is The Ritual, is due in January 2016 so we'll be pumping him for as much pre-publication info as possible!

There'll certainly be no shortage of people who can talk the talk in Dublin 4 over the weekend - all the mores with members of the Hot Press Massive throwing some of the questions.

it would be a bit of a waste to have Wilson, Pickering and Rodigan over for a talk and not have them DJing too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're on the music ball later too.

Greg Wilson is playing an after party in the Button Factory on the Saturday, would be surprised if he wasn't playing at the festival too.

Holy shít, they've just added Arcadia

https://www.facebook.com/metropolisfest?fref=nf

Jesus, they really are pulling out all of the stops for this! So from what I can see so far they have 8 areas - Main Hall, Shelbourne Hall, Serpentine Hall, Industries Hall, Arcadia, presuming one for the talks/conversation with Giorgio Moroder etc. So that is 6, with two remaining, I wonder what will be in them?

I'd say other installations and chill out areas. Can't wait. It's gonna be great

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Surprised there acting so much more if its selling well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

This is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Yeah saw Arcadia at EP on a Friday a few years ago and was there for pretty much the whole weekend. They seem to have a rave/breaks type thing going on, wonder will they bring their own acts or will the acts already announced be playing at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Arcadia being added has given me brainache now. I wanna go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Still no sign of any after parties for this thing?

What's the story?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Prob up to the clubs

Still no sign of any after parties for this thing?

What's the story?

Greg Wilson is playing one in the Button Factory. Haven't heard of any others but I'd say there will be some announced in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

DUBLIN - THE AFTERBURNER - 7/ 8 NOV - METROPOLIS FESTIVAL
    Massively chuffed to be heading back over to Ireland for the Metropolis Festival in the middle of Dublin. So many of the original Arcadia sparks flew in Ireland, so many legendary memories and so many special people. The Afterburner is ready to rumble.....This is going to be an epic craic.

12106880_1059474667398465_1050237040980240133_n.jpg?oh=c2f6b2297dcd8c9df02d390d76b30576&oe=56B8FB97

12115837_1059474727398459_6749173646966438219_n.jpg?oh=61643e2e7d192202f4c5e9ec76bff9c6&oe=56CF63CE

I can't imagine this in an indoor venue but looking forward to seeing it. Lineup for Arcadia to be announced this week.

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/events/1693995104180048/
    Ten intimate after parties across two nights,

Saturday
    Questlove? - This Greedy Pig @ Sugar Club - http://goo.gl/tYkGDV
    Hot Chip [DJ Set] - Sense @ Button Factory -
    Flight Facilities [DJ Set] + Alle Farben @ District 8
    Greg Wilson - Discotekken @ Bunker - http://goo.gl/hmn8BH
    White Collar Boy @ Tengu
    The Malibu Club @ The Grand Social - http://goo.gl/1bZwBy
    Special Guest TBA @ Soder Ko - http://goo.gl/truZmP
    **Entrance only Valid with Saturday/Weekend Festival Ticket/Wristband**

Sunday
    Jamie xx - Sense & Hidden Agenda @ Button Factory - http://goo.gl/5EbLcu
    Maribou State - Togther @ Soder Ko - http://goo.gl/gSAoSN
    Special Guest - Telephones @ Tengu -
    **Entrance only Valid with Sunday/Weekend Festival Ticket/Wristband**

ALL AFTER PARTIES ARE TICKETS ONLY EVENTS AND ARE STRICTLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE DAY FESTIVAL TICKETS / WRISTBANDS. ANYONE WITHOUT WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.

Advertisement