Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis - new festival?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Irish promoters always get so greedy

Not really, this tiered scaling with limited early birds is commonplace on Resident Advisor. Usually, you don't get any notice though so the only difference is that we do have notice this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's a joke. Was going to buy now at €99 but am not bothering at €120. I'll probably just buy Saturday tickets when they come out

Synode wrote: »
    That's a joke. Was going to buy now at €99 but am not bothering at €120. I'll probably just buy Saturday tickets when they come out

That shyte leaves a bad taste.

Early bird has, for any festivals I've ever gone to (and even with races I've done!!), meant before a certain date, not within 30 seconds of them going on sale.

Fcuk that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Looks like phase 2 is gone, expect this to be double the price next year.

Phase 3 will no doubt be gone soon.

€149.50 full price.

I would probably have paid it if they weren't so sneaky about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Early bird my arse.
    100 tickets per phase, generate some buzz, collect money for 5700 of the 6000 tickets at full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Me and my friends were all on at 9am but only managed phase 2 tickets. Metropolis facebook page insisting they had 2000 tickets between phase 1 and 2 but I find that hard to believe! Most of those were probably phase 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Just got two Phase 2 tix...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

In fairness it's a very, very expensive lineup for the guys to pay for. What were you expecting, half of the tickets to be discounted?

Unfortunately I'm broke right now so looks like I'll be paying full price, but I'll still pay it, I think it has a brilliant line up.

That shyte leaves a bad taste.

Early bird has, for any festivals I've ever gone to (and even with races I've done!!), meant before a certain date, not within 30 seconds of them going on sale.

Fcuk that tbh.

https://www.facebook.com/metropolisfest/photos/a.1613564588899926.1073741828.1610926512497067/1614037108852674/?type=1&theater

They always said there was a limited amount of Phase 1 tickets.

• Advertisement

Yesterday, isn't "always" :P

Ah sure look, €149.50 isn't a terrible price for the festival, €129.50 is around what's to be expected. I think people just expected to be able to actually avail of the Early bird tickets (or at least phase 2) at 9am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yesterday, isn't "always" :P

Ah sure look, €149.50 isn't a terrible price for the festival, €129.50 is around what's to be expected. I think people just expected to be able to actually avail of the Early bird tickets (or at least phase 2) at 9am today.

Yeah the early bird for BodyNSoul was better value I thought. There's a lot more to that festival. This will be just music and some bars and food stalls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Yeah the early bird for BodyNSoul was better value I thought. There's a lot more to that festival. This will be just music and some bars and food stalls

Ah but it won't be just any music!! I'm going for the music, I'm not too interest in what else there is at it. It's November, I don't expect a festival experience like summer festivals with side events, activities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Would love to see BRMC or Death Cab For Cutie added
    Jeff Mills
    Tiga
    Kerri Chandler
    KINK
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Peter File wrote: »
    Have you not attended a concert in the Academy 2?

TBH Chic in Academy 2 would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Haha no way is that lineup worth 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Jesus they are gone already, I was only coming in here to see was there much of a buzz about it. I was toying with idea of going but not now unfortunately other factors will win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Would love to see BRMC or Death Cab For Cutie added

What on Earth???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

A full priced ticket is €145 + booking.

• Advertisement

They just answered on their Facebook page that it will finish at midnight on the Saturday night. Our licencing laws are a bloody joke

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

They just answered on their Facebook page that it will finish at midnight on the Saturday night. Our licencing laws are a bloody joke
    Aye, it's not The Script in the O2 FFS. A dance gig should only be warming up at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

It's virtually impossible to have a proper clubbing night in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I thought Day tickets would come in at the standard €64.50 or so but I wasn't considering that full price tickets are for a 2 day event rather than a 3 day event and would reflect that.

Will probably give it a miss all things considered. Ah well, I was so optimistic at the start. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Does it finish at 12 both nights???

150 quid and the night to be over at 12 is a bit of a much, your obviously going to want to continue partying after midnight after hearing all those DJs .

So your gonna end up dropping easily another 50 outside of what you spend at the venue both nights to get into town / get in somewhere.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Does it finish at 12 both nights???

150 quid and the night to be over at 12 is a bit of a much, your obviously going to want to continue partying after midnight after hearing all those DJs .

So your gonna end up dropping easily another 50 outside of what you spend at the venue both nights to get into town / get in somewhere.

I'd say it will be 11 on the Sunday which again is pants

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Sofa king lame.

Play a real festival in Ireland next year, Terje. God damnit.

Jeff Mills should just play in the Button Factory after this on the Saturday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

knowing POD, there will be an "official afterparty" afterwards each night with one of the acts DJing that you'll have to a tenner into if you have a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

if it's finishing at midnight, then what's the start time?

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    if it's finishing at midnight, then what's the start time?

Think I seen 1:30pm

Advertisement