Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know if that is Holland and Barrett that is going in on Hopkins road, Castlebar?

I know a few people who applied for positions on their website when they were advertising for staff, but nobody heard anything back, is it a definite that it is still coming to town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Xenji wrote:
    I know a few people who applied for positions on their website when they were advertising for staff, but nobody heard anything back, is it a definite that it is still coming to town?

Dunno to be honest. I passed earlier and they were installing lots of shelving similar to what you see in H&B. Could be something completely different.

I see they have also started demolishing the buildings to reveal Swifts new pub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Dunno to be honest. I passed earlier and they were installing lots of shelving similar to what you see in H&B. Could be something completely different.

I see they have also started demolishing the buildings to reveal Swifts new pub too.

Where is that?

Mccarthys is redoing the roof now I see. They would have been as well to have knocked the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

irishgeo wrote: »
    Where is that?

Mccarthys is redoing the roof now I see. They would have been as well to have knocked the lot.

They had to keep the front of it for planning or something like that

irishgeo wrote:

They pretty much did knock the lot except for the front wall. Swifts are the new owners there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I know someone who successfully applied for a job with them and was told it's going into that unit anyway, beside O Briens. That was a while ago though seems to be moving slowly.

Aeternum wrote: »
    I know someone who successfully applied for a job with them and was told it's going into that unit anyway, beside O Briens. That was a while ago though seems to be moving slowly.
    Thats what it is so, cheers. it looks pretty close to completion now.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

corsav6 wrote: »
    http://ecigarettesworld.ie/
    Opened up a little shop on Castle St, I see one full time position advertised.

Where in Castle St is this shop going be ?

Anyone know what shop is going into the building beside the roundabout near the mall in Westport? :) It has existing petrol pumps so must be some sort of grocers

Anyone know what shop is going into the building beside the roundabout near the mall in Westport? :) It has existing petrol pumps so must be some sort of grocers

At the old Tim Hastings site? A Centra shop or similar I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

At the old Tim Hastings site? A Centra shop or similar I think

+1 yes a centra shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

the_pits wrote: »
    Where in Castle St is this shop going be ?

I have no idea tbh. First I heard about it was when 2 people told me last week, 1 of them said it was on Castle St. I had a walk down Castle St on Sunday and couldn't see any sign of it.
    Their advertising for a full time position in their Castlebar store so definitely opening somewhere in town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Local news is that Hobans are opening there.

Hobans have traded for about 50 years at least and at least two generations at Lower James' Street Westport. They have recently closed there to prepare for the move to the Fairgreen/:ower Altamount St.

They also have a supermarket at Quay Westport for at least 15 plus years

Holland & Barrett are advertising for a Store Manager in Castlebar again, would of thought they would of had one by now.

As I suspected the welcome Inn closure is a paper exercise to get rid of the debt. The hotel is up for sale but not the function room. And the McHugh family is supposed to be the top bidders. Let's hope they give the place a lick of paint before they reopen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

As I suspected the welcome Inn closure is a paper exercise to get rid of the debt. The hotel is up for sale but not the function room. And the McHugh family is supposed to be the top bidders. Let's hope they give the place a lick of paint before they reopen it.

Where is it listed for sale?

They shouldent be allowed to buy it back off the bank if they have money go do that why didn't they pay there creditors.
    How is the function room not up for sale aswell?

They shouldent be allowed to buy it back off the bank if they have money go do that why didn't they pay there creditors.

naughto wrote: »
    naughto wrote: »

i was basing all my info on a mayo news article which seams to have disappeared. corrections it was the connacht telegraph . here it is. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2016/03/24/4116868-bank-of-ireland-appoints-receiver-to-mayo-hotel/

The receiver is putting up for sale. The function room is owned by one of the mchugh family and is separate. very clever.

Also the article said it appears that the mchugh family will be one of the leading bidders.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone know if that is Holland and Barrett that is going in on Hopkins road, Castlebar?

Passed by it today. H&B signs inside. Looks like there's only a couple of days work for the shopfitters.

• Advertisement

Any one no what's going beside gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Saw billboard on the way into Castlebar today - TK Maxx is opening on Thurs 14th April

Saw billboard on the way into Castlebar today - TK Maxx is opening on Thurs 14th April

Shame it only brought one full time job to the town, we should follow New Zealands suit and abolish zero hour contracts.

naughto wrote:
    Any one no what's going beside gamestop?

Not sure but my bet is a women's clothes shop. Something happening in the unit beside Sam Adams too. Where Eirgrid had the office

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Any word on when McCarthys may be opening? Or when the knocking down of Upper Crust/Abrakebabra will happen so work will start on there? Could think of a whole lot more buildings on Main Street that could do with being knocked down and replaced!

Any word on when McCarthys may be opening? Or when the knocking down of Upper Crust/Abrakebabra will happen so work will start on there? Could think of a whole lot more buildings on Main Street that could do with being knocked down and replaced!

McCarthys/Swifts is ongoing looks like 2-3 months should see it done. The other Development is in planning and decision due this month. The guys behind it say the will start work in May if planning is in place and hope to trade by Christmas. Maybe a bit ambitious. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

McCarthys/Swifts is ongoing looks like 2-3 months should see it done. The other Development is in planning and decision due this month. The guys behind it say the will start work in May if planning is in place and hope to trade by Christmas. Maybe a bit ambitious. ..

Very ambitious. I'm sure it will be another few months in planning as they will probably have some queries which will delay it. Then it will take a while to do the construction drawings, get a fire and disability access certificate as its a building the public have access to, then get a builder, agree a price.... I think construction starting around Christmas is more realistic.

P_Cash wrote: »
    Isn't Starbucks suppose to be coming, near Shaw's i think.

Thing about castlebar is that it's terribly laid out. Main street has seen 1000s pumped in to it but not one decent unit on it, even size wise,

It was planned to go into the TF nearly two years ago now, but it never materialized.

Dudda wrote:
    Very ambitious. I'm sure it will be another few months in planning as they will probably have some queries which will delay it. Then it will take a while to do the construction drawings, get a fire and disability access certificate as its a building the public have access to, then get a builder, agree a price.... I think construction starting around Christmas is more realistic.

It is possible that a lot of that is in place already. However I would be leaning more towards your time line than theirs. Nice to see ambition for a change though.

• Advertisement

As I have said before. I doubt the Starbucks corporation new anything about it. They did re-submit planning more recently though

Advertisement