Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Congratulations !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hill16.

Did anyone get an email saying they were unsuccesful at interview

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

Hi, I applied for the Irsh Navy General Service in March 2015. So far I have passed the fitness test, phsycometric test, phsycometric test (again) and the interview. I have a medical on July 27th and I was wondering is anybody in the same situation as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Yeah I've done and passed everything like you apart from a second psychometric test. I didn't have to do it. I have my medical on the 27th as well.

mrmanor wrote: »
    Yeah I've done and passed everything like you apart from a second psychometric test. I didn't have to do it. I have my medical on the 27th as well.

Happy days, looks like if we pass we should start in September? Nearly there, the wait is a killer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

Hi all,
    Have my medical on July 28th, just wondering if anyone knows what the eyesight requirements actually are. They haven't mentioned them in the email, a bit nervous about it to be honest.

Hi all, I have my medical on July 27th. Looks like we should be starting in September if our Medicals are this month?

Jamie1989 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have my medical on July 27th. Looks like we should be starting in September if our Medicals are this month?

I would say so. It takes quite a while for the blood results to come back tho. Do you have any idea if it's gonna be at the beginning or at the end of September ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

The intakes are in the middle of August and the middle of September so I've heard. But seen as one of the OP's said his medical was at the end of August I'm guessing those of us who are getting it in July will be taken in the August bunch of recruits.

Can somebody that has done the navy medical 2015 tell us what they do and test for? So they test hair samples?

• Advertisement

I've got mine tommorow. I'll let you all know what it's like if you want. Kinda worried about them finding something that I never knew I had :P
    Hair samples?? The fuq?

spl99 wrote: »
    I've got mine tommorow. I'll let you all know what it's like if you want. Kinda worried about them finding something that I never knew I had :P
    Hair samples?? The fuq?

Yeah just let me know what they do and test for etc, thanks

About the medicals nothing to worry about. They won't test your hair :D They will do :
    - Blood test
    - Urine sample
    - Electrocardiogram
    - Vision test
    - Color test
    - Hearing test (tough enough)
    - You will see a dentist
    - They will take your blood pressure
    - They will check your lungs capacity by asking you to blow into a tube.

I think that's it. That's all I can remember anyway. In your blood/urine sample they will check if there is any liver or kidney problem, if you have cholesterol, diabetes, pregnency for females and if you have taken any drugs in the last 30 days. Good luck everyone ;)

They'll also want to know of any medication (over the counter and prescription) that you've taken in the past 2 months I believe it was!
    Oh, and a hell of a lot of paper work ;)

Good luck guys!

Celticlily wrote: »
    About the medicals nothing to worry about. They won't test your hair :D They will do :
    - Blood test
    - Urine sample
    - Electrocardiogram
    - Vision test
    - Color test
    - Hearing test (tough enough)
    - You will see a dentist
    - They will take your blood pressure
    - They will check your lungs capacity by asking you to blow into a tube.

I think that's it. That's all I can remember anyway. In your blood/urine sample they will check if there is any liver or kidney problem, if you have cholesterol, diabetes, pregnency for females and if you have taken any drugs in the last 30 days. Good luck everyone ;)

Thanks very much. Know exactly what to expect now. What time did you finish at? Let us know here when you here back from them. It's getting close now

I arrived at 7.15 finished at 11h30. It's a long wait alright but the personel is really nice and will answer all your questions. Good luck !!

Plus, you're constantly busy! When you're in the waiting room it's normally for no longer than 10 minutes before you go off and do another test!

Plus, you're constantly busy! When you're in the waiting room it's normally for no longer than 10 minutes before you go off and do another test!

Well you were lucky :D I went for my first test at 10h10. Then I went from test to test every 5 minutes but the first deux hours and a half were.....long. Very. Long.
    I'd better get used to it tho. That's military life ;) We're nearly there. I would say we will hear back from them in the middle of August not before. I think there is medicals on until the end of the first week of August. Then it stops for two weeks and starts again at the end of August. That's what I heard anyway. I could be wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭4512

Hey guys im 18 and thinking of joining the navy reserves if anyone has relevant info on training or actual duties etc. (the website was a bit broad) Thanks

So has anybody been offered a job yet? Did my medical 1 week ago and they said I'd find out in 3-4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

job offer wont be out until mid august best of luck to everyone

Anyone else starting to get nervous?

Anyone else starting to get nervous?

Yeah the waiting is terrible. Hopefully it will be next week

Best of luck everyone, try to stay busy and time will hopefully fly. Have a few matches to go to over the weekend and might venture to see Southpaw. Although the summer has come and gone, the last few weeks have felt like an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Did my medical on Monday, hoping everything goes alright and get job offer. Best of luck to everyone!!! And with any luck I'll se ye in recruit training :-)

Does anyone know when we might find out? Really hope it's very soon

Jamie1989 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we might find out? Really hope it's very soon

Should be soon...it's gotta be soon! *trying not to sound impatient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

Should be soon...it's gotta be soon! *trying not to sound impatient ;)

i agree it shouldn't be to much longer now,best of luck

I was trying to not post anything to not look too impatient :) I'm hoping to get an answer before Friday...the waiting is awful !!!

• Advertisement

A friend of mine thinks it may be tomorrow. To be fair, it hasn't taken them the full deadline before. Hope we all make it

Advertisement