Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

kaiserdave wrote: »
    A friend of mine thinks it may be tomorrow. To be fair, it hasn't taken them the full deadline before. Hope we all make it

Hope your friend is right :) What makes him think it may be tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

Celticlily wrote: »
    Hope your friend is right :) What makes him think it may be tomorrow ?

I got a funny feeling its gonna be today...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

spl99 wrote: »
    I got a funny feeling its gonna be today...

it would be brilliant to get it today lets hope you feeling is right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

Just going by previous release dates I'd imagine. Must feel it in his waters I'd say. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

When we did the supervised psychometric test they gave us a realistic job preview and in that they said the starting date was gonna be the 7th of September, but that it could change. Also when I did the medical on the 10th August they said it would be three weeks before we'd here anything,

• Advertisement

Presuming we all did the medical on different dates though, so does that mean people will find out according to when they had their review? Was told three to four weeks. Did mine on July 28th, three weeks ago yesterday. So hoping to hear before next Tuesday. I suppose nobody really knows, we are just waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Yeah I'd be thinking it would be next week before they start letting people know. The waiting is killer though!!

I was told than those who had their medicals in July will be going first.

I'd imagine that, but can't be sure. If it is three weeks we should hear before week's end. If not, could be on or before the 28th. Depends on when you had your medical I think.

They could be waiting to get our garda vettings back as well. It takes a bit of time. I would really like to hear back this week tho.

• Advertisement

kaiserdave wrote: »
    I'd imagine that, but can't be sure. If it is three weeks we should hear before week's end. If not, could be on or before the 28th. Depends on when you had your medical I think.

Did my medical on the 20th of july!

Did mine on the 16th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

Did mine on the 16th of July

And were you told you would here back in 3-4 weeks?

Were you told you would find out in 3-4 weeks?

Didn't ask. I assume we will have a two weeks notice cause that's what people get the most of the time. After the medicals you need to be Garda vetted and this takes up to 6 weeks to get your form back. Which means I should hear from then between mi to end of August and it's probably the for everyone who had their medicals in July. Then I may be wrong and we could get an email later today or this week. It's just a waiting game now.

Didn't ask. I assume we will have a two weeks notice cause that's what people get the most of the time. After the medicals you need to be Garda vetted and this takes up to 6 weeks to get your form back. Which means I should hear from then between mi to end of August and it's probably the for everyone who had their medicals in July. Then I may be wrong and we could get an email later today or this week. It's just a waiting game now.

Must.stay.composed!

Sorry ?

Sorry ?

Trying to not seem impatient :D

Ok :) The waiting is killing me too. Try and stay busy....that's all we can do anyway....

Forgot about garda clearance, but was told three to four weeks for sure. If some of you had medicals around the 19th and 20th, July's batch must find out at the same time. Regardless, I've been assuming, so I'll try and keep busy this week and next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Chew1996

Done my medical on the 15th of July, So have a feeling I might here something shortly with any luck.

Sick of refreshing my emails and getting no joy 🙈

Has anyone rang and enquired about when the results would be out :) ?

Chew1996 wrote: »
    Has anyone rang and enquired about when the results would be out :) ?

They said 3-4 weeks and for me its exactly a month today so don't want to be bugging them :P

They said 3-4 weeks and for me its exactly a month today so don't want to be bugging them :P

5 weeks since mine and the waiting is killing me but hopefully it will be for the best ðŸ˜

Something to comfort us : I've heard today that those who had their medicals in July was the ones who got the best grades at the interview :) Always something to be proud of when you go through a competition against 1235 potential candidats and you finish in the first 100th. And that if we haven't heard anything back yet it means we're in and they are just waiting to have everyone's results/files done to contact us.

Something to comfort us : I've heard today that those who had their medicals in July was the ones who got the best grades at the interview :) Always something to be proud of when you go through a competition against 1235 potential candidats and you finish in the first 100th. And that if we haven't heard anything back yet it means we're in and they are just waiting to have everyone's results/files done to contact us.

That made me smile, thank you!

That made me smile, thank you!

And it makes me smile that I made you smile ;) Trying to no have to much hope about getting an email tomorrow. I keep thinking that they will contact us tomorrow as this way we would have our two weeks notice (if we do start on the 7th). Or on Monday. My heart skips a bit everytime I see I've got an email in my inbox. But the emails are mainly to inform me that someone has posted something here :D And then I hope that if someone has posted something here it's because they got a phone call or an email telling him when we start training. And once again my hopes crach when I see that we're only speaking about the waiting and making prognostics. Such a vicious thing ;) Shouldn't last for long tho.

And it makes me smile that I made you smile ;) Trying to no have to much hope about getting an email tomorrow. I keep thinking that they will contact us tomorrow as this way we would have our two weeks notice (if we do start on the 7th). Or on Monday. My heart skips a bit everytime I see I've got an email in my inbox. But the emails are mainly to inform me that someone has posted something here :D And then I hope that if someone has posted something here it's because they got a phone call or an email telling him when we start training. And once again my hopes crach when I see that we're only speaking about the waiting and making prognostics. Such a vicious thing ;) Shouldn't last for long tho.

Oooooooh we're gettIng close!!

• Advertisement

Did anyone here anything about what the basic training is like ? :)

Advertisement