Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

Think attestation involves a lot of note taking, being introduced to the barracks, serving officers, and so on. Will probably be a lot of red tape, i.e. documentation. Dress code is relaxed as far as I know, stand to be corrected, so jeans/trousers/smart runners/shoes/nice jacket should be fine. I'd say bring your social security details, maybe you'll have to open an Irish bank account in the Republic. See you on the 21st, all going well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jack_89

kaiserdave wrote: »
    Think attestation involves a lot of note taking, being introduced to the barracks, serving officers, and so on. Will probably be a lot of red tape, i.e. documentation. Dress code is relaxed as far as I know, stand to be corrected, so jeans/trousers/smart runners/shoes/nice jacket should be fine. I'd say bring your social security details, maybe you'll have to open an Irish bank account in the Republic. See you on the 21st, all going well :D

Cheers bro. I'll give a ring to Recruitment Office in morning as a matter of urgency. Surely they'll b able to advise me as Northern chaps going to NS will have same issues. Have you got original birth certificate? I have certified copy which they accepted before without any problems. Think that's it as far as documentation goes, I have exam certificates which they may or may not ask us to provide on the day, Photo ID etc. Have also requested travel warrant to Newry by rail 😆

I have an original birth cert, well at least I think it is. No worries mate, let me know if you get a reply. You should be fine anyway. Otherwise, bring as much proof as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RemRats

Any idea on how long we will be kept on Monday ?

No idea mate, but would expect it to be most of the day if we are starting early.

• Advertisement

Is there a bus from Cork to the Naval Base does anyone know?

There is a bus from Cork to NMCI, which is five mins away from the base (drive). According to Google Maps you can get the 223 bus outside NMCI at 9:16 am tomorrow. But I'm not sure how reliable that is.

There is a bus from Cork to NMCI, which is five mins away from the base (drive). According to Google Maps you can get the 223 bus outside NMCI at 9:16 am tomorrow. But I'm not sure how reliable that is.

Cheers mate. I'm getting train down today from Newry, staying in hostel in Cork city tonight. I'll get the bus to NMCI tomorrow a.m. and hoof it to the base. What you wearing? I have nice jacket, nice shoes, trousers etc. Not wearing shirt/tie.

No worries bud, I'll probably wear trousers, runners/shoes, a nice shirt and my Australian rugby jacket. See you then mate, safe travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RemRats

We going to the naval base or NMCI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Arron13

How did you all get on today, what did they say, how many of you were there

There were 39 altogether I think, was great to meet everyone and make new mates. I recognized some faces from various stages of the process. We were welcomed by the Naval College Commander and various instructors, had to go through some more documentation and finally got to swear an oath.

There were 39 altogether I think, was great to meet everyone and make new mates. I recognized some faces from various stages of the process. We were welcomed by the Naval College Commander and various instructors, had to go through some more documentation and finally got to swear an oath.

When does your training start

4th of January, so only a few days left :eek: I take it you are still waiting or involved in the process. It has been a long wait for everyone, but stick with it. You can and will do it. I've been trying for years to get the chance to serve my country in some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

What age are you all? I seen a pic on fb with some of those attesting the other day and a lot of them seem to be 24/25/26.

I'm 25 mate, turn 26 in March. There were a few who are older than me, and plenty younger too. So that makes us granddads then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Got a phone call today offering me a place in the class. Have to be there Monday @1pm. Can't wait!!!

Happy New Year mate, see you Monday then. Congrats!!!

Happy new year is right ha see you Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    Got a phone call today offering me a place in the class. Have to be there Monday @1pm. Can't wait!!!

Congrats well done and the best of luck

• Advertisement

Chalkyw91 wrote: »

Congrats well done and the best of luck

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Garzy

Hi anyone any luck finding iron on labels I can't find them anywhere

Garzy wrote: »
    Hi anyone any luck finding iron on labels I can't find them anywhere

Try a knitting shop or sewing shop. that's where I got mine,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Garzy

Thanks will try 2moro on my way down to cork if I can't get them I'll just get a tip ex pen I'm sure that would be ok

Have no idea lad, but I'd imagine they are gonna be fairly specific about these things. You know to keep everything uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tk95

Anybody else still waiting to hear something?

tk95 wrote: »
    Anybody else still waiting to hear something?

Yeah, all the classes were picked and a few of us were put on a panel for later this year I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Arron13 wrote: »
    Yeah, all the classes were picked and a few of us were put on a panel for later this year I think
    I'm on a panel since last Summer. The only thing is that I have not done the medical yet.
    Any idea how many are on the panel and when we could be getting a call? I read somewhere that August would be the next intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

As far as I know there is another class starting in mid February or early March as there is only enough accommodation down there for two classes and there are already two down there , PS I have done my medical and didn't get an email saying I didn't get in !!!

• Advertisement

IP2015 wrote: »
    As far as I know there is another class starting in mid February or early March as there is only enough accommodation down there for two classes and there are already two down there , PS I have done my medical and didn't get an email saying I didn't get in !!!

I done my medical as well and I never got a rejection letter too, does that mean were on the next panel

Advertisement