Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Haha! Enjoy the feeling! The closer you get and you start being pulled asunder with everyone giving their two cents and having to organise all the final details and contact suppliers, you'll probably end up going around in a daze (at least that's what's happened to me)!

Iv been very stressed all week, (stupid family members getting involved in something that's none of their business doesn't help!) But I got a bit upset last night coz everything got overwhelming all of a sudden and today I feel like I've just shut down. And this is despite the last few days being very productive!

And for the last couple of weeks I've been having all sorts of weird dreams about the wedding. Although most of them are centred around the family ****e going on. BUT when I was talking through everything last night with himself, neither of us are nervous or worried about actually getting married and while we both want the day to arrive asap, we're both looking forward to the day itself! One of the things I'm most looking forward to is (hopefully!) Sharing our first dance with our daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We're just over 2 weeks away and most things seem fine with the organisation, there's just a few things niggling at me. But one thing I'm not even remotely worried or nervous about is the "being married" bit. That's what I'm looking forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Ah thank jeebus I'm not alone haha.. yeah no we have no issues with the getting married, or being married part! It's probs just me wanting it to be so perfect! plus I haven't been going to the gym lately which is my therapy/stress relief haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Okay as soon as I start writing this I know its going to sound silly.... But.... has anyone else had a weird feeling coming up to the wedding? Its a really funny feeling and hard to describe.. my OH said he's feeling funny too.. its like we're so feckin happy right now, like stupid happy, we are more in love than we've ever been and everything is just going SO smoothly.. long story short life is REALLY good for us right now.... its like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen!!

Nerves???

I felt like that coming up to our wedding too. It was like I was feeling guilty for feeling too happy! Human emotions are weird sometimes :D

The DIY has spilled over into this week, but Sunday is my cut off. Whatever is done by then is done. I'm in bad form from the family stuff anyways, but the DIY stuff this week hasn't helped. At the moment I can't seem to find anything I'm looking for which is just frustrating me. Himself hasn't an ounce of interest in the details, so I kind of feel like it's all on my shoulders.

• Advertisement

I felt like that coming up to our wedding too. It was like I was feeling guilty for feeling too happy! Human emotions are weird sometimes

Yes this is it exactly haha human emotions are definitely weird! :-)

In 2 weeks I'll be dancing the night away- hopefully!

I saw herself in a "2nd dress" that she was getting altered today to wear for the evening dancing and possibly the next day- it's a white/champagne 50's tea dress and I totally lost it. Burst out crying in the middle of the dressmakers. :o She looked so beautiful, and that's not even "THE dress"! WTF am I gonna be like with the proper dress? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My suit STILL isn't in :mad:- I've been promised it'll be in by next Wednesday at the latest, but I'm now starting to think about alternative options... Bit stressful!

Ladies and gents.... I'm getting married on Friday... If anyone can enlighten me as to where the last 7 months have gone, I'd really appreciate it!

Aw B&C that's a pain in the ass about your suit. I really hope it's in on Wednesday. I honestly can't believe the amount of messing around bridal shops do with dresses and suits. It's horrendous.

I saw herself in a "2nd dress" that she was getting altered today to wear for the evening dancing and possibly the next day- it's a white/champagne 50's tea dress and I totally lost it. Burst out crying in the middle of the dressmakers. She looked so beautiful, and that's not even "THE dress"! WTF am I gonna be like with the proper dress?

Eeek!! Exciting!!!!
    My suit STILL isn't in - I've been promised it'll be in by next Wednesday at the latest, but I'm now starting to think about alternative options... Bit stressful!

Ah balls!!! I really hope it comes in, you were so excited about it :-(
    scarepanda wrote:
    Ladies and gents.... I'm getting married on Friday... If anyone can enlighten me as to where the last 7 months have gone, I'd really appreciate it!

Hope you have the BEST time!!! So excited for you!
    This year is FLYING in the blink of an eye!! 6 weeks till mine!?! Wut??? :-) it was 6 months away only a few minutes ago!! Lol

Invites went out yesterday. Got a message to say my dress is ready so going to try it on next week... Now the RSVP wait begins hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Invites went out yesterday. Got a message to say my dress is ready so going to try it on next week... Now the RSVP wait begins hahaha

We're just past our rsvp date and hasn't been as painful collecting them as expected! We had about 30% outstanding at the date but once we sent a few follow up texts they came in pretty quickly. Just a few stragglers to chase up now! Sigh :P

Best of luck this week Scarepanda. The time absolutely flies the closer you get doesn't it? I'd imagine your short engagement meant your entire time flew! We're in the final month now and for me it's been the last 3 months of the planning which have been crazy fast, I don't know where the weeks are going!

Wine sorted! Well red bought and white in the process! We know what one we want and know the manager of the shop so gona see if they will give some discount. You don't know unless you ask! Got a great deal in Tesco on the red. It was on sale and also got 5% off every 6 bottles! White I didn't really see anything there that blew me away, but I had mind settled on one from another shop so kinda wasn't half looking too hard either!

Hair trial is next week and dress is ready in alterations, so going to try on my dress after I get my hair done! Super excited about that!

Got little boxes for our sweet table.. and bags for my BM's pressies! I LOVE Mr Price!!!!

Here we go guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

scarepanda wrote: »
    Here we go guys!

Best of luck today Scarepanda! Hope you have an amazing day :)

scarepanda wrote:
    Here we go guys!

Have a fab day/ weekend :-)

Well, Its all over and done with! We had a brilliant day!

Dispite all the family politics and associated stress, I'd do it all the same way again. 80 total for the full day, all our closest family and friends, and people who wanted to be there for us. It was a very personal experience, and we were both a lot more emotional throughout the ceremony than I thought we would be. I barely got through my vows because himself was all teary eyed! (And the lady who married us also got a bit of an emotional wobble when reading mine out to me!)

Our daughter was a trooper, if we practiced it, we wouldn't have been able to get her to pull it off any better. Shes only 15 months old and walked in a straight line up the aisle, without getting distracted and held her bouquet properly! That was the start of the emotions as himself wasn't able to hold it together when he saw her!

The photographer and videographer were brilliant, barely knew they were there, other than the usual posed photos, the food was gorgeous, the band was brilliant and they did DJ afterwards and were just as good. The floor was full pretty much the whole night right up till the DJ finished up which was brilliant considering the wedding was quite small.

The only thing that's annoying me is that the hotel were as poor with their attention to detail as I had feared they would be, but I put the blame on the banqueting manager, he had no interest or imagination for a non traditional, pre-prescribed Irish wedding. Nothing was detrimental to the day as such, just a number of things weren't done/done right on the day. They could have been forgiven if we didn't have so much hassle with them over stuff in the lead up to the day. But on a positive note, one of the things we had to fight over, one of the managers (not the head banqueting manager) told us that he's trying to sell the idea for winter weddings next winter, that he thought it was a great idea and that the hotel had never done it before. I dunno if it's true or not, but if it is, it's nice to know!

Even though we were engaged just shy of 7 months, I can't believe it's over already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

dlrme9.jpg

Is this you and your new wife baby and crumble? My friend was randomly walking by and took this pic and put a lovely post up with this photo.

Yep that’s us!

Had an AMAZING day the hotel have been phenomenal and I have to say a real highlight was that walk around town. Loads of people saying congratulations and beeping horns. Was awesome.

Suit arrived at about 11.45am on the day- far too close for my liking!

Off on honeymoon tomorrow so will be offline again for a while but will post up a bit more when we get back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Glad you had a great day! Enjoy the honeymoon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yep that’s us!

Had an AMAZING day the hotel have been phenomenal and I have to say a real highlight was that walk around town. Loads of people saying congratulations and beeping horns. Was awesome.

Suit arrived at about 11.45am on the day- far too close for my liking!

Off on honeymoon tomorrow so will be offline again for a while but will post up a bit more when we get back :)

Congrats! Aww, lovely. Enjoy the honeymoon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats Baby and Crumble! :)

Can't seem to get my head in Christmas mode cos the wedding is taking up ALL OF THE SPACE up there!

3 weeks of work left and I'm already completely distracted.. doesn't help my job is quiet right now! My excel sheet has been gone through and altered about 75783642 times by now hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Can't seem to get my head in Christmas mode cos the wedding is taking up ALL OF THE SPACE up there!

3 weeks of work left and I'm already completely distracted.. doesn't help my job is quiet right now! My excel sheet has been gone through and altered about 75783642 times by now hahaha

That sounds like you're way more organised than me. 3 weeks tomorrow, Iv a feeling we're missing stuff!

cooperguy wrote:
    That sounds like you're way more organised than me. 3 weeks tomorrow, Iv a feeling we're missing stuff!

Am super organised in fairness, I wish I was this organised about everything in my life! Ha!
    But in all that organisation there were still people missed off our list and numerous "oh balls we forgot x and y" conversations over the last 3 weeks since the invites went out! Have to hand deliver an invite tomorrow with apologies for the lateness :-( rsvp date is Saturday like! Woops! #adultingfail

Have to hand deliver an invite tomorrow with apologies for the lateness :-( rsvp date is Saturday like! Woops! #adultingfail

Had one of those myself!

3 days to go and both of us are dosed! Typical! Dreaming of honeymoon and sunshine!!

3 days to go and both of us are dosed! Typical! Dreaming of honeymoon and sunshine!!
    We're up tomorrow! Have had a few people ringing to say they cant make it because they are bed bound! There has also been two hospital admissions, im beginning to think its dangerous to be associated with my wedding! Myself and Herself havent come down with anything though so its full steam ahead!

cooperguy wrote:
    We're up tomorrow! Have had a few people ringing to say they cant make it because they are bed bound! There has also been two hospital admissions, im beginning to think its dangerous to be associated with my wedding! Myself and Herself havent come down with anything though so its full steam ahead!

I'm thinking I may get a few of those phonecalls in the next day or 2! :-(
    Aw I hope ye have a wonderful day cooperguy! :-)

Best day of my life!!! Happy New Year folks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Best day of my life!!! Happy New Year folks x

Delighted for you mcgiggles!!! Happy New Year!

Advertisement