Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

scarepanda wrote: »
    We're both from the same area and the wedding is local as well. Not many evening guests would have to travel more than 30 minutes, which is throwing me off. I know if it wasn't local then very few would go to the evening regardless of the size of the wedding.

Is there many that won't hang around after the dinner too long also? That is something to take into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Is there many that won't hang around after the dinner too long also? That is something to take into account.

Mmmm, that's something I hadn't considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

scarepanda wrote: »
    Jez, 50 into the evening is a great turn out for the evening!

We will be in a similar situation, in that we are having a smallish 'full' wedding but a larger evening bit. The hotel know this, but I must ask/remind them to have extra chairs available.

What are peoples experiences of evening invites actually turning up? I'm not sure what to expect for us. It's mainly a mixture of uncles/aunts, neighbours and parents friends.

It was a very big wedding but I'm thinking maybe some guests couldn't come to the day part so just came evening (Friday wedding).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Got our wedding photos during the week, chose the ones for our album and just got an email from our videgrapher asking if they could submit our highlights video for a feature on weddingsonline!! #lifegoals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sounds amazing Jellybear - I always wondered how couples got featured on those!!

Just booked my mini moon - almost three weeks to go so about time!

We're doing 4 nights in Split Croatia, 1 night on the Island of Hvar and 4 nights in Dubrovnik. Splashing out for our last night to a very fancy room in a 5 star with the most amazing balcony view :)

Can't wait - booked some day tips already including island snorkeling and visiting gorgeous waterfalls (Krka)

Also had my first wedding bad dream last night, nothing too serious but my OH gave me a big hug this morning so I'm over it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I was thinking of putting food in the wedding car for after the cermony- Do the hotel canapies be gone by the time you get back to the hotel after photos being taken? Trying to think of what I could bring though!! Just it would be an awful like time until the meal in the hotel if I am nervous and dont eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

That's not a bad idea, wish I'd thought of it as I didn't really eat all day. We never got to set eyes on our canapand prosecco at all, first time I saw them when we got the pictures from the photographer :D

Must go meet her actually to decide on pictures for the album.

missmatty wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea, wish I'd thought of it as I didn't really eat all day. We never got to set eyes on our canapand prosecco at all, first time I saw them when we got the pictures from the photographer :D

Must go meet her actually to decide on pictures for the album.

My OH is sure we'll get to taste them but Im fully convince they will be gone! Oh I'd say your so excited about the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I was thinking of putting food in the wedding car for after the cermony- Do the hotel canapies be gone by the time you get back to the hotel after photos being taken? Trying to think of what I could bring though!! Just it would be an awful like time until the meal in the hotel if I am nervous and dont eat!

I'm DEF doing this, my OH suffers from the "hangries" so if I don't want to be divorced by dinner I'll have to pack some sambos or something! :-) Gona get enough for bridal party! There will be bubbles drank en route so def needs some lining for the stomach!

We're getting married in the hotel and photos will be there as well as they have gorgeous areas both inside and out for photographs. But I will be asking the hotel to keep some munchies to one side for us as well. We're having the usual sandwiches but also our favourite treats and I want some too!

The bridesmaid dresses came in on Tuesday. Both girls have tried them on and they are perfect! The only alterations needed are the length and the shoulders on one need to be pulled up. There's a small lace train on the dress and I was really undecided on it. In reality it would either make or break the dress but it made it! There's a real risk that they will out shine me on the day ;-)!!! I can't believe that we got them sorted out so quickly!

Has anyone seen any nice shoes online? Non-bridal, 2in or so in height.

• Advertisement

My OH is sure we'll get to taste them but Im fully convince they will be gone! Oh I'd say your so excited about the photos!

Not really as we already have all 500ish of them on the computer at home! But yes it will be nice to pick out the best ones, probably get little books for the parents as well. Photographer was great, we had 8 of the professional photos the following day, a slideshow within a week and the whole lot within about two weeks.

Good thinking about the food. We had our ceremony at 2 and we all had sandwiches and tea at 1 before I got into my dress and had the photographs taken.

So glad we did as we missed the canapés. It's the one thing I'm annoyed missing as we didn't get any at the tasting. They were meant to be divine!

So glad we did as we missed the canapés. It's the one thing I'm annoyed missing as we didn't get any at the tasting. They were meant to be divine!

Yep we didn't either!

jellybear wrote: »
    Got our wedding photos during the week, chose the ones for our album and just got an email from our videgrapher asking if they could submit our highlights video for a feature on weddingsonline!! #lifegoals :D

Lucky you! You got the photos back quick. I was told 6-8 weeks, I'm waiting patiently :D

Lucky you! You got the photos back quick. I was told 6-8 weeks, I'm waiting patiently :D

Yeah we were told 4-5 weeks so it was just over 4. Album will take anywhere up to 6 months depending on adjustments we want to make etc but could be as quick as 2 months if it's straight forward enough :)

Ordered our thank you cards the other day and got a free photo book from one of those printing sites so it'll be nice to have a 'sort of' album next week :)

Jellybear would you mind me asking who you went with for the Thank You cards? That's the next thing I need to do and although I know of a few websites, I can't decide who to go with.

missmatty wrote: »
    Jellybear would you mind me asking who you went with for the Thank You cards? That's the next thing I need to do and although I know of a few websites, I can't decide who to go with.

Just went with optimal print :) Ordered then Wednesday evening and they're being delivered today so very quick turnaround time! They have 35% off all cards until the 13th so worked out reasonable enough. The free storybook was worth nearly €40 so that was a nice little extra too!

We ordered evening invites off them and they were fab for the price! So annoyed I think i let my free photo book expire

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

Just wondering are ppl being charged full head price for the bride and groom. And secondly did you only get 1 night of free accom for the bride and groom or did u get an extra room free for parents. Just wondering what the norm is.

xXlollsXx wrote: »
    Just wondering are ppl being charged full head price for the bride and groom. And secondly did you only get 1 night of free accom for the bride and groom or did u get an extra room free for parents. Just wondering what the norm is.

I included us in the final numbers and got charged for that number however all our drinks were free on the day which was a lovely touch! We only got our room however we pushed for more so they gave us a complimentary cottage on the grounds so that covered a few people's accommodation.

• Advertisement

We only gave our guest count and were charged x per head on that count, they didn't add 2 to the count for us if that's what you mean?

We only got our room free, nothing for parents or the bridal party but it varies between venues, when looking we found standard hotel type venues always supplied at least 3 rooms and then more state house/castle type venues only offered the one "free" room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We're only getting our room in the hotel for the night of the wedding included.

xXlollsXx wrote:

Not that far yet but I'd assume we would include ourselves in the numbers?
    We're getting 6 rooms I think, (or else its 7?... I'd have to check my notes) and then 4 more at reduced rates! Spoiled!!

Just to add to the above.. ours and the 2 parents rooms were included and we managed to get 4 more free. Then are paying cheaper price for the other 4 to cover all bridal party :-)

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Just to add to the above.. ours and the 2 parents rooms were included and we managed to get 4 more free. Then are paying cheaper price for the other 4 to cover all bridal party :-)
    Wow you got loads off. I've managed to get a discount on 6 rooms. We are staying three nights in total but I can't get a discount on my room 😣

I think from now on I'm going to not include us in the numbers that I give to the hotel and hope it's omitted on the final bill as I can't see how they can justify charging me and him full price when we will miss the drinks reception and canopies.

I think from now on I'm going to not include us in the numbers that I give to the hotel and hope it's omitted on the final bill as I can't see how they can justify charging me and him full price when we will miss the drinks reception and canopies.

I would ring the hotel to clarify, it would be awful if they were short a main because they were given the wrong numbers deliberately.

GingerLily wrote: »
    I would ring the hotel to clarify, it would be awful if they were short a main because they were given the wrong numbers deliberately.

Most places will have plenty spare based on the numbers given to them anyway and will just apply any additional costs to the final bill after the wedding day.

Most places will have plenty spare based on the numbers given to them anyway and will just apply any additional costs to the final bill after the wedding day.

I say that as a guest who had to wait 40 minutes after everyone else got their mains (an hour after the top table) as there were additions on the day that the hotel didn't prepare for :(
    Just seems silly to me to not give the actual numbers!

• Advertisement

I was wondering about final numbers as well as to whether we should include ourselves aswelll. . I'll clarify at the meal tasting.

As for rooms, the bridal suite and 3 complementary rooms is what we are getting. It's normally two but the in-laws are separated so we asked for 3. And then there's 20 rooms at a discounted rate (not sure how much that is yet) that we can part manage. So we will reserve whatever number of rooms we need for siblings, bridal party and some very close friends who have to travel. I'm thinking of looking after the cost for the bridal party, but I'll have to see how it will fit into the budget when we find out the price and also have a chat with himself about it

Advertisement