Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

If you mean make the dress smaller, she'll probably take it in slightly at a few different seams, which shouldn't make much of a difference to the back while still making it fit well. Unless you're absolutely swimming in the dress, or the back is ridiculously delicate and thin at the sides, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Depends on the lace motif and the shape of the keyhole back, but I would assume your seamstress has thought about this!

Thanks!
    She said I measured a 16 on the waist and and 14 on top so she advised ordering it in a 16 and taking it in.
    Im between 12-14 in normal clothes :-(
    The shop doesn't do alterations themselves I have to find my own place. They recommended the zip yard but I would rather a seamstress

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

wow that's amazing! have you always been long distance? fair play to ye can't be easy sometimes :)

yep always been long distance tho I do locum work so I have a bit more freedom wandering back and forth, just back from spending February there, the time difference sucks alright but hey ho at least its only 6 hours

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Got one of my bridesmaids dresses yesterday so I'm absolutely delighted!! going to order my dress soon enough I think and I've paid a few more deposits on things and really getting a handle on my budget etc. Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

We finally booked our venue and I'm flippin delighted! Couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere else! Happy Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Redchairs

Haven't posted on a while, but have just booked the venue for our ceremony and humanist to do the biz. Ahhh! So exciting! Wedding will Sept 2017!

• Advertisement

Redchairs wrote:
    Haven't posted on a while, but have just booked the venue for our ceremony and humanist to do the biz. Ahhh! So exciting! Wedding will Sept 2017!

We're sept 17 too
    Seems so far away to me but other times it feels really soon

Where did u get your dresses chew chew. Im looking at ordering online

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We had our engagement photoshoot yesterday. SO. MUCH. FUN.

Where did u get your dresses chew chew. Im looking at ordering online

I only got one. Retro in George's arcade so we'll probably go back after summer for the next one. So exciting.

ChewChew wrote:
    I only got one. Retro in George's arcade so we'll probably go back after summer for the next one. So exciting.

Oh very nice. Love the style of them!

• Advertisement

Oh very nice. Love the style of them!

Yep just plain black so very ordinary but elegant. Absolutely delighted with it

We got our engagement photos today and they are SO AWESOME. We've decided to book that photographer for our wedding and now I'm SUPER excited. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

We got our engagement photos today and they are SO AWESOME. We've decided to book that photographer for our wedding and now I'm SUPER excited. :)

Who did you go with do you mind me asking?

Checking out photographers atm :)

I just booked an acoustic guitarist (flamenco and popular music) for our drinks reception (and possibly ceremony). He sounds amazing I'm super excited :D

Who did you go with do you mind me asking?

Checking out photographers atm :)

Not sure if we can name suppliers on thread? Anyway I'll pm you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

I just booked an acoustic guitarist (flamenco and popular music) for our drinks reception (and possibly ceremony). He sounds amazing I'm super excited :D

Could I be nosey and ask who you booked? Planning on something similar myself. And more generally, how do these things work? Have you just put down a deposit? Or do you need some sort of contract written up?

TheNibbler wrote: »
    Could I be nosey and ask who you booked? Planning on something similar myself. And more generally, how do these things work? Have you just put down a deposit? Or do you need some sort of contract written up?

I can pm you with the details if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

I can pm you with the details if you like?

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Hi everyone, getting married in September 17 and we have our church and venue booked so far and a band provisionally booked.

There's two photographers we're interested so we're just waiting to hear back from them so we can book one.

It's still a year and a half away so can people advise if there is anything else I should be trying to get booked now while things are calm?

I'm planning on going dress shopping mid August/early September and will go bridesmaid dress shopping then too so that the invites can be done to co-ordinate with the dress colour.

I've made a list of everything that needs to be done it's just the timing of things that I'm a bit stuck on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Hi everyone, getting married in September 17 and we have our church and venue booked so far and a band provisionally booked.

There's two photographers we're interested so we're just waiting to hear back from them so we can book one.

It's still a year and a half away so can people advise if there is anything else I should be trying to get booked now while things are calm?

I'm planning on going dress shopping mid August/early September and will go bridesmaid dress shopping then too so that the invites can be done to co-ordinate with the dress colour.

I've made a list of everything that needs to be done it's just the timing of things that I'm a bit stuck on.

Sounds good to me. Those are the major things so I'd say you're in a good position.

Do you have your guest list worked out? Not so much something that you have to get done a year and a half in advance but it can be a big job so if you've time now, why not!

Also, if you're tight on numbers, you could decide to send the invites in waves/tranches so that you can maybe invite others if you get any refusals? Maybe you could start figuring out how that might work.

Also if you've weddings/other events to go to in the mean time, you could use that to experiment with different hairdressers/MUAs that you might want to use for your wedding.

• Advertisement

IrishAlice wrote: »

My wedding is in June 2017 so I will just give you an idea of what I have done so far.

Have the venue and celebrant organised(our wedding will be at the venue).

Also have our dj and musician for the ceremony and drinks reception (we aren't having a band)

We have the photographer booked also.

We know who is doing our cake so just have to have a consult with her but have pricing. Flower girl dress is also bought :)

Have a provisional guest list done, still have flowers to do, invites, suits and my dress.

You're fine :-) If you're having a church wedding you could see about the pre-marriage course for another thing to tick off the list.

Trying to think myself what else needs doing!

Maybe DJ? I'd recommend just taking time to decide on what ye like. Rather than a rush in a few months time of having to decide on colours, suits for the guys, all that, maybe have a list of ideas and places to buy stuff? You don't have to book them or buy anything but at least when the time comes you can make fast decisions and don't have to start doing the research when maybe you'll be feeling pressured into it? That's what we're doing anyway. We're November 2017 and have venue, celebrant and photographer booked and we know our colours, roughly the type of décor we're going for (we'll be making some so need to have a clear idea so we can pace ourselves!), where I'm getting my suit made, who we're getting for hair, makeup, flowers, cake etc. (Luckily all friends!). Feels good to know when the time comes we can just book stuff without too much hassle.

Sounds good to me. Those are the major things so I'd say you're in a good position.

Do you have your guest list worked out? Not so much something that you have to get done a year and a half in advance but it can be a big job so if you've time now, why not!

Also, if you're tight on numbers, you could decide to send the invites in waves/tranches so that you can maybe invite others if you get any refusals? Maybe you could start figuring out how that might work.

Also if you've weddings/other events to go to in the mean time, you could use that to experiment with different hairdressers/MUAs that you might want to use for your wedding.

We have a provisional guest list prepared and have tweaked it a few times since we got engaged last year. That's a great idea re. sending out the invites in waves.

Good thinking about trying out the hairdressers and make up artist's too, I've gotten a couple of recommendations for make up but none for hairdressers so I'll have to look into that a bit further and price around.

Congrats Irishalice.
    I am in September too. Have my venue, solemniser, dj ,photographer and hair and make up booked.
    I got my dress too last month just to get it out of the way with.

I actually booked my HSE appt for next September last week

Congrats Irishalice.
    I am in September too. Have my venue, solemniser, dj ,photographer and hair and make up booked.
    I got my dress too last month just to get it out of the way with.

I actually booked my HSE appt for next September last week

Whats the earliest time to the wedding you can have the hse appointment?

Whats the earliest time to the wedding you can have the hse appointment?

Lasts a year I think

Thanks so much to everyone for all of the replies, the tips are brilliant!

I have an idea in mind for a DJ, he's a friend of my dad so I'll get him to contact him for me and my sisters are making the cake so that's two less things to worry about.

It's a great idea to be thinking about colours now, that way I can decide easily enough when the dress shopping and suit hire comes around.

I'm really stumped on flowers, I just can't decide what I'd like as my bouquet. Did you guys co-ordinate bridesmaid dress colours with flowers if anyone has gotten that far yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

Hi all,

I'm getting married next September too, so far just have the venue, celebrant and ceremony/ drink reception music booked. We're finding it tricky to find the band, gone to see a few but a lot are very blah and then the price jumps quite a bit. Hoping to get that sorted soon though.

I wasn't thinking of doing much else for a bit to be honest but I probably should think about making a list like Alice.

I would like to get hair and makeup booked too although the bridal party will be small so hope it won't be difficult to find someone to come to the venue.

Cant' believe how everything add up - after we got engaged we started a rough budget plan and it's insane how it creeps up - we're not going for anything mad just everything wedding related seems to have it's one unique price tag!

I hear ya!!

Has anyone gotten quotes for makeup and hair yet?

Got a quote for 55 per person for makeup, 60 for up styles and 30 for blowdry.

The hair seems expensive to me but maybe I'm wrong :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I hear ya!!

Has anyone gotten quotes for makeup and hair yet?

Got a quote for 55 per person for makeup, 60 for up styles and 30 for blowdry.

The hair seems expensive to me but maybe I'm wrong :-/

That sounds inline with salon prices IMO.

Would they have to travel to you or are you going to a salon?

Advertisement