Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

In all the weddings I've played in the Anglers I have never heard any music coming from downstairs. The only thing is that the music upstairs has to be kept at a reasonable level up to 10pm as you still have people eating downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

In all the weddings I've played in the Anglers I have never heard any music coming from downstairs. The only thing is that the music upstairs has to be kept at a reasonable level up to 10pm as you still have people eating downstairs.

It's still not ideal to me. I don't want randomers downstairs hearing our speeches on the PA system and all that. You know? Good to know though. :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Been to a wedding in the anglers and it was absolutely amazing!! No issues with noise whatsoever.

Anyone thinking of honeymoon? It's all I can think about these days and really want to book it asap but not sure what kind of agencies to book with!

We're not ones for the traditional honeymoon, so since we're planning a later November/ early December wedding we've been looking at riverboat cruises in Europe that visit multiple cities for Christmas markets.

I also want a night or two in disneyland Paris- preferably to stay in the fanciest room in the main hotel. Well, the fanciest we can afford, anyway... ;)

ChewChew wrote: »
    Been to a wedding in the anglers and it was absolutely amazing!! No issues with noise whatsoever.

Anyone thinking of honeymoon? It's all I can think about these days and really want to book it asap but not sure what kind of agencies to book with!

Depends on how much you want to travel but Turkish Airlines are doing some great deals these days. Dublin to Instanbul and on to next connections. Sri Lanka is such a lovely place to go for luxury at an affordable rate. Maybe consider the Maldives or Goa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

We're thinking a safari to Kenya and a few days on the beach there but we were chatting to a travel consultant and up to 3 months ago, Kenya was on the no travel list from the British consular so we're in 2 minds now. It won't be until 2018 anyway so lots of time to make up our mind. We're going to Rome for a mini moon in the May before the wedding and then a spa after the wedding. We're thinking the Galgorm in Antrim :)

Lads just got an email from our first choice humanist celebrant, she's already booked up for all weekends in November 2017!

!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Lads just got an email from our first choice humanist celebrant, she's already booked up for all weekends in November 2017!

!!!!!!!!

I seriously think that the hype going on in this and other forums causes a situation where things get booked up much earlier than they would otherwise. =/

I seriously think that the hype going on in this and other forums causes a situation where things get booked up much earlier than they would otherwise. =/

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy really!!!

We contacted our humanist in Jan 2015 to arrange a naming ceremony in Aug 2015 and with that she had to do our ceremony before she went on to a wedding and we chose a date where she would be in the locality! Crazy! Then in sept we booked our wedding date with her. She said she wasn't opening her 2017 diary yet because 2016 was full! And that was in sept 2015 so I can just imagine how busy she is now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

!!!!!!!!

You have to email a few also its worth checking out interfaith ministers and also now if your more along the wiccan tradition i know a priestess in dublin who recently became able to do legal ceremonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

We are going with an interfaith minister. She seems really nice
    Met us and talked for over an hour. She said we can have our ceremony as religious or non religious as we like

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

We contacted 10 humanist celebrants for a date in July 2017 and 8 of them were unavailable. It was a huge shock to us but after meeting with our celebrant we are glad we persevered as the humanist ceremony is perfectly suited to us.

There is an email waiting list you can join where newly appointed celebrants can get your details and contact you to, are you aware of that?

We contacted 10 humanist celebrants for a date in July 2017 and 8 of them were unavailable. It was a huge shock to us but after meeting with our celebrant we are glad we persevered as the humanist ceremony is perfectly suited to us.

There is an email waiting list you can join where newly appointed celebrants can get your details and contact you to, are you aware of that?

Oh who did you go with in the end?

Billy Hutchinson is a lovely celebrant if anyone can get him. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Maybe we were just lucky but we tried only one humanist and he was available for our date in July 2017. Meeting him this Thursday for our first consultation, looking to get this out of the way and forget about the wedding for a year or so! (I'm a groom, not a bride!)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

Jumping in on this thread - i am aiming for November 2017 and were at a wedding fair for our preferred venue yesterday and got a 20% discount on the full package price with a free 'perk' (Bar extension, candy table etc - lots to choose from)... Really good package price will save us over 2,000.. also got a 100 voucher for the cake and some vouchers for chocolate fountains, photography etc. Would definitely recommend trying to book your hotel the day they have a wedding fair on.. We were should the room fully set up and also walked through the full hotel, bridal quite, guest bedrooms etc... Was great and with the discount it makes it a lot more manageable.

Laura_A wrote: »
    Jumping in on this thread - i am aiming for November 2017 and were at a wedding fair for our preferred venue yesterday and got a 20% discount on the full package price with a free 'perk' (Bar extension, candy table etc - lots to choose from)... Really good package price will save us over 2,000.. also got a 100 voucher for the cake and some vouchers for chocolate fountains, photography etc. Would definitely recommend trying to book your hotel the day they have a wedding fair on.. We were should the room fully set up and also walked through the full hotel, bridal quite, guest bedrooms etc... Was great and with the discount it makes it a lot more manageable.

Sounds great. Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oh who did you go with in the end?

We managed to get Eithne, thanks for the recommendation, she was great when we met up, we really enjoyed her thoughts on things and she really made us feel like we'll be at ease during the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

It was the Castleknock Hotel, it was my first choice based on research online just got a really good vibe from the fair too...

• Advertisement

We managed to get Eithne, thanks for the recommendation, she was great when we met up, we really enjoyed her thoughts on things and she really made us feel like we'll be at ease during the ceremony.

Ah I'm delighted ye got her! We got that same feeling for her and then we had her last summer to do our naming ceremony for the baby and she was amazing. While we both loved the ceremony and we were so happy with her, all of our guests loved it and her too! :)

Laura_A wrote: »
    It was the Castleknock Hotel, it was my first choice based on research online just got a really good vibe from the fair too...

That sounds good and positive. It's great when you get the feel!! I got that in our very first choice of place but realistically we just couldn't afford it. Then the place we went with we both just fell in love with it so it's amazing to get that feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Ladies jumping in here from 2015 brides thread to give some advice ....it's probably not too late for ye to take this advice - do not get a photography package where the album is included. It leaves you with zero negotiating power as they have all your money before the wedding even takes place so you're at their mercy then for the 6-12 months or however long after it takes to get the album sorted. Slapping on extra charges and taking as long as they like to make the album etc. Just get a package that doesn't include album and get your album done separately, you'll get a much better deal and will have a lot more control over it! Just one of my regrets so I said I'd pass on the advice!

I found my dress!

I found my dress!

Omg so exciting!! Did you buy it???

My groom to be and his best man were talking suits yesterday. I'm very excited about his thoughts and ideas. He has great taste so what he's thinking is just sounding fab :D

I put a deposit on it chew chew. I wasn't planning on looking so soon but the shop had 10% off so it saved me 160.
    I love it. She said this designer comes in quite quick so it will be in in about 5-6 months.
    The dress sizes are so weird. I am a 12-14 at the minute and I measured up for a size 16 in the dress. She said they can alter it down 2 sizes. It will probably cost a fortune to be altered because id like to ideally be a size 10-12 and the dress has so much beading and lace but the shop said it wouldn't be a problem altering it so I hope that's the case. They recommended the zip yard for alterations.
    I got it from smart brides in portlaoise. They have a big collection

I put a deposit on it chew chew. I wasn't planning on looking so soon but the shop had 10% off so it saved me 160.
    I love it. She said this designer comes in quite quick so it will be in in about 5-6 months.
    The dress sizes are so weird. I am a 12-14 at the minute and I measured up for a size 16 in the dress. She said they can alter it down 2 sizes. It was probably cost a fortune to be altered because id like to ideally be a size 10-12 and the dress has so much beading and lace but the shop said it wouldn't be a problem altering it so I hope that's the case. They recommended the zip yard for alterations.
    I got it from smart brides in portlaoise. They have a big collection
    Oh that's very interesting as I actually have an appointment with them in March!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

Yeah i hear its always a size up from what you are with wedding dresses

ChewChew wrote:
    Oh that's very interesting as I actually have an appointment with them in March!!

Really. I know the offer is over on Tuesday

• Advertisement

Really. I know the offer is over on Tuesday

I don't mind so much as I'm just planning on finding my style. I have an image in my head and have found a dress online that I love so I'm hoping to try on a similar style to confirm if I like it before I go ordering. Thanks for the zip yard recommendation too, they are just down the road!

Advertisement