Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

That sounds inline with salon prices IMO.

Would they have to travel to you or are you going to a salon?

That's for mobile but it's pretty much in the same town, could be totally on the money though I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

That's for mobile but it's pretty much in the same town, could be totally on the money though I'm not sure!

I got quoted €375 for 5 hairs they didn't specify what I wanted and €50 travel I'm one hour outside Dublin.

For make up ge been quoted from €200-€400 for 4 people and from €50-€75 travel. Anybody any recommendations?

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I got quoted €375 for 5 hairs they didn't specify what I wanted and €50 travel I'm one hour outside Dublin.

For make up ge been quoted from €200-€400 for 4 people and from €50-€75 travel. Anybody any recommendations?

For makeup on 5 faces I have 290 ( Inc 15 euro travel)

Eeek that seems expensive for hair.

Where is your wedding based and I can see if I know of any one?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

Are you getting names from recommendations or using a list from somewhere? I'm Dublin based but getting married in Co Tipp and don't know where to look really. The hotel recommended very few and their list is quite dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I hear ya!!

Has anyone gotten quotes for makeup and hair yet?

Got a quote for 55 per person for makeup, 60 for up styles and 30 for blowdry.

The hair seems expensive to me but maybe I'm wrong :-/

Expensive. Where are you getting married?

• Advertisement

Expensive. Where are you getting married?

In Galway! Any other suggestions would be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ah - when I was posting earlier I was basing my assumptions on my experiences in Dublin. I've heard that hairdressers are typically a bit cheaper outside Dublin, but maybe that only applies to rural locations so other cities like Galway might cost about the same.

Ah - when I was posting earlier I was basing my assumptions on my experiences in Dublin. I've heard that hairdressers are typically a bit cheaper outside Dublin, but maybe that only applies to rural locations so other cities like Galway might cost about the same.

This is actually in rural galway so I am surprised!! My mothers jaw hit the floor when I told her it was 30 for a blowdry (I am paying but still)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I just got engaged!!! So excited-we both agreed right away that it will be 2017. I don't know where to start.
    I've started a scrap book to get ideas for what we want, and have talked about a few venues we'd be interested in. We're not even sure in budget or rough size yet.

So is any one else in the same boat? Just beginning and overwhelmed by it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

I just got engaged!!! So excited-we both agreed right away that it will be 2017. I don't know where to start.
    I've started a scrap book to get ideas for what we want, and have talked about a few venues we'd be interested in. We're not even sure in budget or rough size yet.

Congrats!!!! It's such an exciting time, make sure to take some time to just enjoy the celebrations and the newness of being engaged.

We started with the venue, chose a rough location then looked at approx guest numbers (we both drew up a list) and budget - you will need to have an idea of both of these when looking at places. We saw a few after spending ages searching online and deciding on certain criteria and feel in love with one but had a lot of negotiating to do to get a weekend date as our numbers were below their minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Awe congrats, it's a precious time!! :)

Without sounding patronising... Try to enjoy the next few weeks while you mull over ideas and thoughts :) then, imo, your venue, ceremony/celebrant, music and photographer are most important :)

What did people do about engagement parties? I haven't been to too many so I'm not too sure what to do, all I know is my apartment is too small

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

What did people do about engagement parties? I haven't been to too many so I'm not too sure what to do, all I know is my apartment is too small

We didn't have one. Didn't really see the point tbh.

Same here. We just went for a nice meal with our families and that was it!

For makeup on 5 faces I have 290 ( Inc 15 euro travel)

Eeek that seems expensive for hair.

Where is your wedding based and I can see if I know of any one?

[snip]

I ended up asking the girl that normally does my hair she works from home not sure what she will charge but she normally charges my mam €15 for a blowdry and me €30 for upstyle and will be a wedding guest.

Need to get make up sorted. My friend is getting married in April 2017 and ive been going to trials with her. It's so hard to pick though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Im paying 300 for make up including my trial thats for 4 of us. This includes trial.
    275 for hair for me 3 bridesmaids and a blowdry for my mam. Trial is 60 which I've paid as deposit.
    Very expensive considering you can pay 40 for a makeover at a make up counter and redeem on products.
    I have seen cheaper quotes around but happy with who I'm going with

God I never even thought of hair and make up trials. I have my make up booked but that's only coz it's the beautician I use all the time but I haven't batted an eyelid at trials

Getting married in the Heritage in killenard. He's from Tipp and me Dublin so it's halfway.

I ended up asking the girl that normally does my hair she works from home not sure what she will charge but she normally charges my mam €15 for a blowdry and me €30 for upstyle and will be a wedding guest.

Need to get make up sorted. My friend is getting married in April 2017 and ive been going to trials with her. It's so hard to pick though!

Have you looked at the powder room? I have heard they are great.

Im paying 300 for make up including my trial thats for 4 of us. This includes trial.
    275 for hair for me 3 bridesmaids and a blowdry for my mam. Trial is 60 which I've paid as deposit.
    Very expensive considering you can pay 40 for a makeover at a make up counter and redeem on products.
    I have seen cheaper quotes around but happy with who I'm going with

Do you mind me asking where that MUA is based? My quote is 290 for 5 exclusive of trial which is 60 euro. And another quote of airbrush makeup for 300 exclusive of trial again!

If anyone needs a photographer I have a brilliant one booked. He gives a 10% discount for booking 10 months in advance too and a beautiful keepsake box also. A family member used him and referred us on to him. No charge for travel anywhere in Ireland either!!

Let me know and I'll drop you a pm

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    Same here. We just went for a nice meal with our families and that was it!

Hmmmm, I'm not mad about the idea myself but my partner was quiet excited about the idea and we never have partys, we didn't even have 30ths, so he thought it might be a nice excuse to make sure we see everyone between now and the wedding next year.

Maybe it is a little fussy though....

Have you looked at the powder room? I have heard they are great.

I have heard really good things about them. I looked them up but is there different ones in different areas?

I have heard really good things about them. I looked them up but is there different ones in different areas?

Yep sure is. It would probably be the Naas girls and ive heard they're great. Good packages too I think!

Jwacqui wrote:

Im going with the powder room girls for hair and make up masters for make up.
    The powder room girls have staff living in different parts of Ireland and they will travel regardless. Bit pricey but look great.

This is actually in rural galway so I am surprised!! My mothers jaw hit the floor when I told her it was 30 for a blowdry (I am paying but still)

When I was looking for quotes this girl who I didn't go with quoted me 50 for a blowdry lol. I asked her why is she charging so much for a blowdry that's normally 22 in a salon. My mam would be washing her hair herself. She said it can take the same length of time to do a blowdry as an upstyle. Needless to say I didn't go with her. Crazy money

Do you mind me asking where that MUA is based? My quote is 290 for 5 exclusive of trial which is 60 euro. And another quote of airbrush makeup for 300 exclusive of trial again!

A girl called Debbie from 'make up masters'. Its a studio and make up school in clondalkin. They have a website where can see their work.
    I really liked her style of make up. I don't have to pay a deposit I just pay 50 at my trial next year and pay 250 balance morning of the wedding

Girls, this day next year is my wedding :eek: :eek: I'm officially on the less than a year countdown :D

ChewChew wrote:
    Girls, this day next year is my wedding I'm officially on the less than a year countdown

So exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Look up val o dea. She's Clare based but one of the top in Ireland and not that price I'm pretty sure

• Advertisement

So exciting!

I know, can't believe it! :D

Advertisement