Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

ChewChew wrote: »
    Girls, this day next year is my wedding :eek: :eek: I'm officially on the less than a year countdown :D

Ah fantastic, I think the year countdown makes it much more real!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

ChewChew wrote: »
    Girls, this day next year is my wedding :eek: :eek: I'm officially on the less than a year countdown :D

It's also one of my good friends wedding day this day next year too!! :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Ah fantastic, I think the year countdown makes it much more real!

Yea it really feels like this is it now!! I just wish I new what to do next :D lol

jellybear wrote: »
    It's also one of my good friends wedding day this day next year too!! :D
    we could be friends :D 😂😂

Awh don't think so unfortunately...
    I had a quick look at some of your previous posts to check, I'm not weirdo, honest!! :D

Wouldn't it be amazing to get weather like today's next year, obviously less wind though but the sunshine was gorgeous!

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh don't think so unfortunately...
    I had a quick look at some of your previous posts to check, I'm not weirdo, honest!! :D

Wouldn't it be amazing to get weather like today's next year, obviously less wind though but the sunshine was gorgeous!

Haha I'd have done the same :D

My fiancé said the exact same thing!!! We're hoping to have the ceremony outdoors and have been told we can but it will be weather permitting so all i need is about 30 mins of the dry sunshine :D

• Advertisement

Aw hopefully you get the weather. An outdoor ceremony would be gorgeous!
    We're July next year and wait till you see it'll probably lash rain, you can never guarantee the weather in Ireland!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Are you getting names from recommendations or using a list from somewhere? I'm Dublin based but getting married in Co Tipp and don't know where to look really. The hotel recommended very few and their list is quite dated.

Hi, I'm a 2016 bride so hope you don't mind me gate crashing :)
    I'm also getting married in Tipp and I've booked Sara Condon for hair (Facebook - Hair by Sara Condon). I've had my trial and found her brilliant so would definitely recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

Hi, I'm a 2016 bride so hope you don't mind me gate crashing :)
    I'm also getting married in Tipp and I've booked Sara Condon for hair (Facebook - Hair by Sara Condon). I've had my trial and found her brilliant so would definitely recommend!

Thanks for the recommendation - I will definitely check her out. My friend had Bridal Hair by Marie but I believe she is very expensive - I contacted her by Facebook and she never replied! I think it will be just me for an up style as my bridesmaid has short hair so looking for someone reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Great to hear the good views about dainty yard on etsy seriously considering my bridesmaids dress from them too, could just get it delivered to himself and save the customs and then pick it up when im next over.

I find it really funny how different wedding traditions and what your expected to pay for vary so much from place to place. I was talking to J today and we were pinning down our budget, he was surprised to hear that over here the bride pays for the bridesmaids dresses etc as in the USA bridesmaids normally pay for themselves....however he was delighted to hear that open bars are not a thing here.....his exact words we thank god for that I've seen you guys drink:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Great to hear the good views about dainty yard on etsy seriously considering my bridesmaids dress from them too, could just get it delivered to himself and save the customs and then pick it up when im next over.

I find it really funny how different wedding traditions and what your expected to pay for vary so much from place to place. I was talking to J today and we were pinning down our budget, he was surprised to hear that over here the bride pays for the bridesmaids dresses etc as in the USA bridesmaids normally pay for themselves....however he was delighted to hear that open bars are not a thing here.....his exact words we thank god for that I've seen you guys drink:pac:

Oh that would be handy to get them sent to the US!

I have heard that about weddings in the US alright. Bridesmaids there can end up with big expenses! Haha open bar would be dangerous :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The daintyard is based in Singapore, I believe, so there's customs and duties payable in the US too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I want to order from dainty yard too. Do I just pick size regular? Is that the size between 8-16

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I want to order from dainty yard too. Do I just pick size regular? Is that the size between 8-16

I have ordered mine from dainty yard. 4 altogether but ordered 1 separate and got charge no customs for either delivery. They are fab only issue is the bandeau top is tiny so wouldnt fit 2 of my bm's. I asked julie at dainty yard for bigger size but they only come in one size so i ordered one extra top and will get alterations piece to use it to make other tops bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I have ordered mine from dainty yard. 4 altogether but ordered 1 separate and got charge no customs for either delivery. They are fab only issue is the bandeau top is tiny so wouldnt fit 2 of my bm's. I asked julie at dainty yard for bigger size but they only come in one size so i ordered one extra top and will get alterations piece to use it to make other tops bigger

Great I'm going to try that. By the sounds of it 2 bandeau wouldn't fit two of my BMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Hi all :) just joined - getting married in June 2017 and doing well organisation-wise; celebrant, venue, photographer, ceremony music all booked. My dress is picked out and 'on hold' in so far that I will officially order it in May but it's all planned out etc. Havn't a clue what band we will get, we are looking but loads of personal crap has been taking over the last few months which have distracted us :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Booked our new venue. Now we have the photographer and venue, which takes care of catering, celebrant, etc. I've also decided on the design of the overskirt for my dress, and also of the bodice itself. :)

I'll be designing the stationery as well. I'm really looking forward to that as a fun project. I've heard some people use the same colour for the invitations as for the bridesmaids' dresses so the guests can avoid wearing the same colours. Is that a common thing? I'd rather not have to do that but I also don't want to confuse anyone! The last few weddings I've been to seemed to follow that rule, but I don't know how intentional that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I've never heard of it personally. I've a wedding coming up and the invites are monochrome with gold writing, but the wedding is in spain so I imagine the bridesmaids will be wearing more summery colours, but thats just a guess.

One I was at last year, the BM's wore navy, but the invites were pink and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I think it's common enough to keep your invitations in line with the general colour theme of your wedding, and sometimes that will also be the bridesmaids dresses.
    I've definitely seen it done, but I always double check if I can when I'm going to a wedding!

I've never heard of it personally. I've a wedding coming up and the invites are monochrome with gold writing, but the wedding is in spain so I imagine the bridesmaids will be wearing more summery colours, but thats just a guess.

One I was at last year, the BM's wore navy, but the invites were pink and white.

The last few weddings I've been to were also in Spain (as is mine!) and they followed it. Though with the exception of one of them, I think it was coincidence. I'd never heard of it either until I was told about it by some married friends, and then I started seeing it everywhere! It might just be a gimmicky trend.

Ah, I'm not wearing white and won't even bother with a bouquet. I doubt people expect me to follow a (possibly obscure) rule. :o

Tbh I wouldn't care if someone had a dress the same/similar colour as my bridesmaids.

Has absolutely zero effect on the day

• Advertisement

Tbh I wouldn't care if someone had a dress the same/similar colour as my bridesmaids.

Has absolutely zero effect on the day

I don't care either, I just don't want to confuse the guests. Having said that, at the last wedding I attended many of the female guests, including myself, were wearing shades of the same colour as the bridesmaids, even though the bride made the invitations that colour specifically to avoid that. I found that out afterwards obviously. :o

It all seems a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

The last few weddings I've been to were also in Spain (as is mine!) and they followed it. Though with the exception of one of them, I think it was coincidence. I'd never heard of it either until I was told about it by some married friends, and then I started seeing it everywhere! It might just be a gimmicky trend.

Ah, I'm not wearing white and won't even bother with a bouquet. I doubt people expect me to follow a (possibly obscure) rule. :o

Honestly I'd say the explaination is pretty simple. If pink for example is your favorite colour, its reasonably likely that you're going to choose a lot of things in that colour for your wedding.

It wouldnt even occour to me that if the invite was pink, that I couldn't wear a pink dress! There are so many variations of colours out there, and styles, textures etc.

Unless you end up arriving in the exact same dress as the BMs (which would be embarrassing alright) then I don't think its really an issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I suppose we'll probably use the colours of the wedding in general which are burgundy, navy and gold. It's more just to keep the whole thing looking cohesive from invite to decor but it's not to warn people off. We're planning on putting together a little "who's who" with pics for the booklet to help people figure it out. Important when there's 7 women and 1 guy in the bridal party! :p

Important when there's 7 women and 1 guy in the bridal party! :p

High five! I'm also having a bridesman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

High five! I'm also having a bridesman. :)

I'm calling him my Bridesdude and anything he does is going to be called a "doodly duty".

It's amusing me greatly.

Hi all :) just joined - getting married in June 2017 and doing well organisation-wise; celebrant, venue, photographer, ceremony music all booked. My dress is picked out and 'on hold' in so far that I will officially order it in May but it's all planned out etc. Havn't a clue what band we will get, we are looking but loads of personal crap has been taking over the last few months which have distracted us :/

Im June 2017 also :-)

Celebrant organised and venue is booked, ceremony & drinks musician & dj also (not getting a band) , photographer booked, makeup and hairdresser also!

Going dress shopping this weekend woop :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Im June 2017 also :-)

Celebrant organised and venue is booked, ceremony & drinks musician & dj also (not getting a band) , photographer booked, makeup and hairdresser also!

Going dress shopping this weekend woop :-)

We had originally thought no band too, but I am a chicken and now thinking of getting one. Are you having a large wedding? we hope for about 90 but will probably send out 120 in invites

We had originally thought no band too, but I am a chicken and now thinking of getting one. Are you having a large wedding? we hope for about 90 but will probably send out 120 in invites

There will only be about 75 at ours but that actually wasn't the reasoning for not getting a band.

I am music mad and adore live bands but the cost just isn't justifiable to me tbh. 2k for 2.5/3 hours seems madness and the money could be better spent elsewhere!

We are getting all our music for half the price of of what just the band would have cost.

I have never heard the likes of an invite matching the colour of the bridesmaids dresses so should be avoided! How do these nonsensical ideas come about? My girls will be in black so I couldn't care less if any guests turned up in the same colour (which is very likely!!) or if it's the same dress (which is also likely!!).

When are ye planning on ordering invites? We have ours designed but I need to settle on wording and confirmation of the ceremony.

I also will not be entertaining any children at it with the exception of my own daughter, nieces and nephews and would really like something on the invite to explain that too but I'm at a bit of a loss on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I'm looking at similar numbers 80-100, but I'm only making the longlist of venues atm!! Do you mind me asking where your having it (pm me if you like)?

I really should start organising myself

Advertisement