Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭Hitchens

monster1 wrote: »
    yes, top half.. very hot to the touch. Yours doesn't heat up? the white line only happened once in case that is what you mean
    I had an iPhone that you could use as a hand-warmer in cold weather, if you use any smartphone for running a cpu intensive app it will get pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

FrostyJim wrote: »
    That changed recently, now you have remove and uninstall options up top when you hold an app.

oh yeah so it has - good that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Went to Amazon instead. 115GBP. In both colours.

I wonder how the silver one looks IRL when its in your hand. i quite liked the look of it on the amazon site, i think it looks better than the black one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

I want to open it! How long were you guy's waiting for the unlock codes? is it likely I'll get one tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

GeneralC wrote: »
    I want to open it! How long were you guy's waiting for the unlock codes? is it likely I'll get one tonight?

Sometimes it takes 20 minutes, sometimes it takes a few hours. Someone has to put in those details you sent and generate a code, so nobody can tell for sure how long it will take to get your code.

You can open the box and use the phone without a SIM card anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

signostic wrote: »
    Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone -Silver
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £102.50
    Condition: New

Who are Amazon EU s.a.r.l ?

Similarly I bought the phone for £100 via Amazon EU and I even had a tracking number then this evening I got an email saying I was being refunded. I rang Amazon and they didn't seem to know what happened but said they could do nothing. I think possible they sold too many and were waiting for some stock from Vodafone and when that stock didn't arrive they just cancelled the order and removed the stock from the Amazon website.

There is only a £115 version available now and it isn't from Amazon EU.

So, I am very disappointed as I waited more than a week and could probably have ordered it via Parcel Motel from vodafone.co.uk for £100 had I known Amazon would mess me about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

jeromeof wrote: »
    Similarly I bought the phone for £100 via Amazon EU and I even had a tracking number then this evening I got an email saying I was being refunded. I rang Amazon and they didn't seem to know what happened but said they could do nothing. I think possible they sold too many and were waiting for some stock from Vodafone and when that stock didn't arrive they just cancelled the order and removed the stock from the Amazon website.

There is only a £115 version available now and it isn't from Amazon EU.

So, I am very disappointed as I waited more than a week and could probably have ordered it via Parcel Motel from vodafone.co.uk for £100 had I known Amazon would mess me about.

Me too...., what worries me they sent by an untrackable method see below
    I got on to Amazon on their live chat this evening here is what they said....
    I've checked the tracking information and your parcel is still in transit. In case of any unforeseen delay please give the parcel a little longer to reach you.

If your parcel hasn't arrived by 8 december, please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we'll do everything we can to help. We ask you to wait until then because this order may reach you before a replacement order would. Creating a replacement order at this stage may result in you having to return one of the items.

We do our best to ensure that all orders are delivered by the date provided when you place your order, but occasionally an order may be late as a result of circumstances beyond our control.

Each order has an estimated delivery date by which the parcel should be delivered. If a parcel hasn't arrived by then, we'll ask you to wait a little longer for it to be delivered in case of unforeseen delays.

How long we'll ask you to wait is calculated based on the order's delivery method. For your order #**************** we won't ask you to wait beyond 8 December 2015.

We ask you to wait until then because this order may reach you before a replacement order would. Creating a replacement order now may cause inconvenience for you resulting in you having to return an unwanted duplicated item.

Your parcel and is in transit with , but was sent by an untrackable method so, unfortunately, I unable to confirm its exact location.

When your order does arrive there's no need to contact us. However, if you haven't received it by 8 December 2015, please let us know and we'll be happy to replace it free of charge, or refund you if a replacement is unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Lads the black version of the phone is now £100 pounds again on Amazon not sure how long it will last.

shamtastic wrote: »
    Lads the black version of the phone is now £100 pounds again on Amazon not sure how long it will last.

Paid 170euro tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

shamtastic wrote: »

Thanks. I was going to pull the trigger last night. Glad I waited now. Looking forward to getting this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jeromeof wrote: »

Same thing happend to me year ago :D when I purchased an OPO...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

monster1 wrote: »
    Haha the exact same thing happened me before, restarted, half a thin white line across the top left of the screen. thought it was frigged... Line is gone now though.
    The phone gets very warm with prolonged use, and slows down, I presume to protect the cpu. It happens a lot though

My phone is only a week old and the same thing happened to me a few times :eek:. I really don't want to send it back as I've unlocked it and put on a screen protector. I ordered from Amazon. It's only happened a few times and when it restarts it's fine. It's a super phone and I really love it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

GvidoR wrote: »
    Just had a bit of a scary moment with my Smart Ultra.

I was browsing Instagram, as you do, when all of a sudden screen went black and it restarted itself. While restarting and when booted it had a flickering horizontal line at the top left of the screen. Restarted and it's fine. I hope this doesn't happen again.

I have had it 3 full months and it never did anything like that.

Mines been doing that every few weeks. Strange but it reboots again and its fine.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Mines been doing that every few weeks. Strange but it reboots again and its fine.

Perhaps 5.1.1 will sort that glitch out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

My phone is only a week old and the same thing happened to me a few times :eek:. I really don't want to send it back as I've unlocked it and put on a screen protector. I ordered from Amazon. It's only happened a few times and when it restarts it's fine. It's a super phone and I really love it :o

Yep, same for me - the thin 1-pixel white line across the top of the screen after rebooting, but seems to go away after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Only ever get that when trying to boot into bootloader which never works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Any links to the unlock codes?

I got two from ahtech14 on eBAY. Delivered within the hour for c.€3 each (£2.25)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

What screen on time are you getting when on 3G or 4G? Mine runs out pretty quick. Better over WiFi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I wonder how the silver one looks IRL when its in your hand. i quite liked the look of it on the amazon site, i think it looks better than the black one.

As did I. I went ahead and ordered one anyway. Should have it in a day or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Ordered this from Amazon on 23 November 2015. Supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Still haven't received it. First time that a delivery from Amazon has been this late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Xcellor wrote: »
    Ordered this from Amazon on 23 November 2015. Supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Still haven't received it. First time that a delivery from Amazon has been this late!!

Also ordered on the 24th (see my previous posts) and they said it was posted on the 25th. Rang on Post this morning and the person I spoke to said there was a backlog of packages from Amazon.co.uk.
    The An Post number is 1850 57 58 59 you will need your tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

signostic wrote: »
    Also ordered on the 24th (see my previous posts) and they said it was posted on the 25th. Rang on Post this morning and the person I spoke to said there was a backlog of packages from Amazon.co.uk.
    The An Post number is 1850 57 58 59 you will need your tracking number.

Cheers.

I phoned them and they said its not even in Ireland yet. Must be some backlog though I don't understand why I received another amazon order which I placed AFTER the phone. Maybe different sorting centre in the UK.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Sorry guys for my rescue reoccurring question but for those of you that updated did it solve the issue on app crash while applying filters in snapchat ??

Guy's is it possible to turn phone to a complete stock android phone without all the Vodafone jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Has anyone here got Nova Launcher Prime installed on this phone? And if so how does it run? Seen on another Forum site that the older version use to cause battery drain on some phones and just curious how the new material design updated version is running before I go and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Guy's is it possible to turn phone to a complete stock android phone without all the Vodafone jazz?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97923260&postcount=2229

Did you follow the instructions I gave you the other day? That's as stock as you'll get.

Most of the apps are uninstallable without root bar 1 or 2. The one or two you can either disable them or with root remove them completely. The bootlogo can be removed/ changed with root as I said above in last post. Theres no official devodafoned ROM if that's what your asking. Although there is one or two unofficial ones over on modacco. They have just done what I have said above and removed a couple more of the apps such as twitter etc that can be downloaded later. Choice is yours but imo its just as easy to remove them yourself rather than flashing a new ROM.

Carrier name can be removed with root also. When rooted, install xposed (google xposed for lollipop for instructions) and download the custom text module from downloads within xposed. In custom text search for systemui and click into it. Then type in the name of your network, how it is in the status bar ( e.g. METEOR-IRL) and replace it with nothing (leave blank). Save it,activate and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

DanC90 wrote: »
    Has anyone here got Nova Launcher Prime installed on this phone? And if so how does it run? Seen on another Forum site that the older version use to cause battery drain on some phones and just curious how the new material design updated version is running before I go and buy it.

I've been using Nova Prime since day 1 on mine without a hitch. Never had any battery issues that I noticed or that GSam battery monitor alerted me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Just got a notification from Amazon that I'm being refunded for this phone!
    Feck!
    It displayed as "arriving 1st Dec" up to yesterday!
    Has this happened anyone else?

• Advertisement

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Just got a notification from Amazon that I'm being refunded for this phone!
    Feck!
    It displayed as "arriving 1st Dec" up to yesterday!
    Has this happened anyone else?
    Carphone Warehouse is your friend ;)

Advertisement