Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Checked for online updates and not getting an option to update. Anyone got a link to download the Irish update?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pissed wrote: »
    Checked for online updates and not getting an option to update. Anyone got a link to download the Irish update?

May as well just wait it out at this stage surely. I reckon Vodafone Ireland will get this update soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Jlayay wrote: »
    Already have the Oneplus One but I am tempted. Worth pulling the trigger?

No. The OPO is a much better phone. I had both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

No. The OPO is a much better phone. I had both.

I thought time might have dulled the OPO's 'flagship killer' edge, so I opted for the Ultra 6. Needing a phone urgently also stopped me from faffing around with getting one in the post. Anything in particular that keeps the OPO ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Is anyone else getting garbled/scrambled noise during calls? On three network. Has happened a few times to me along with echo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

if your just on the home screen and drag the apps to the top of phone (red remove) your not actually getting rid of the apps I dont think, your just removing them from the home screen - best to go into settings and choose downloaded apps and uninstall or if you cant uninstall them choose disable if you can. Thats what I have done on the turkish rom I have downloaded. I still havent rooted it yet on the turkish rom, i did previously before but I have really got it running not too bad at the moment and might be able to get on without it being rooted. One thing i have noticed my camera app starts instantly now where as before there was a few seconds lag for the picture from the camera to come up on screen - I cannot make out whether its because I rooted it or they sped things up maybe a bit in the 5.1 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anywhere to still get this for £100?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

if your just on the home screen and drag the apps to the top of phone (red remove) your not actually getting rid of the apps I dont think, your just removing them from the home screen - best to go into settings and choose downloaded apps and uninstall or if you cant uninstall them choose disable if you can. Thats what I have done on the turkish rom I have downloaded. I still havent rooted it yet on the turkish rom, i did previously before but I have really got it running not too bad at the moment and might be able to get on without it being rooted. One thing i have noticed my camera app starts instantly now where as before there was a few seconds lag for the picture from the camera to come up on screen - I cannot make out whether its because I rooted it or they sped things up maybe a bit in the 5.1 update.

That changed recently, now you have remove and uninstall options up top when you hold an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

i'm also wondering if anyone knows if it's available for £100 anywhere still, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Is it sold out everywhere?

• Advertisement

Would you guys recommend this over the Oneplus X?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

It is now £115 on Vodafone UK: Link

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I just tried to order on the UK site. All details seems correct but it doesnt go through. It indicates a temporary issue and suggests i try again. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Went to Amazon instead. 115GBP. In both colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

I ordered this from Amazon.co.uk on the 24 November (102.50£) but still has not been drelivered. Who does their deliveries? An Post?

Getting worried now that its lost..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

signostic wrote: »
    I ordered this from Amazon.co.uk on the 24 November (102.50£) but still has not been drelivered. Who does their deliveries? An Post?

Ordered same from same site on 28th.. delivered to waterford on the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

In your dispatch confirmation email it should say who it's being delivered by.

In my case it was An Post so my assumption is it came from Amazon's Dublin warehouse. Phone was delivered inside three days.

Amazon have warehouses all over the place so despite it being a Vodafone UK phone it could, strictly speaking, be coming from anywhere in Europe.

fdevine wrote: »
    In your dispatch confirmation email it should say who it's being delivered by.

In my case it was An Post so my assumption is it came from Amazon's Dublin warehouse. Phone was delivered inside three days.

Amazon have warehouses all over the place so despite it being a Vodafone UK phone it could, strictly speaking, be coming from anywhere in Europe.

it gives the following Carrier: AP, Tracking #: AY*********IE

I presume AP is An Post..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You can usually click on them and it'll go to the courier website.

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone -Silver
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £102.50
    Condition: New

Who are Amazon EU s.a.r.l ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone -Silver
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £102.50
    Condition: New

Who are Amazon EU s.a.r.l ?

Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

https://track.anpost.ie/TrackOne.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Just had a bit of a scary moment with my Smart Ultra.

I was browsing Instagram, as you do, when all of a sudden screen went black and it restarted itself. While restarting and when booted it had a flickering horizontal line at the top left of the screen. Restarted and it's fine. I hope this doesn't happen again.

I have had it 3 full months and it never did anything like that.

Any links to the unlock codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

GvidoR wrote: »
    Just had a bit of a scary moment with my Smart Ultra.

I was browsing Instagram, as you do, when all of a sudden screen went black and it restarted itself. While restarting and when booted it had a flickering horizontal line at the top left of the screen. Restarted and it's fine. I hope this doesn't happen again.

I have had it 3 full months and it never did anything like that.

Haha the exact same thing happened me before, restarted, half a thin white line across the top left of the screen. thought it was frigged... Line is gone now though.
    The phone gets very warm with prolonged use, and slows down, I presume to protect the cpu. It happens a lot though

monster1 wrote: »
    Haha the exact same thing happened me before, restarted, half a thin white line across the top left of the screen. thought it was frigged... Line is gone now though.
    The phone gets very warm with prolonged use, and slows down, I presume to protect the cpu. It happens a lot though

A lot? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

yes, top half.. very hot to the touch. Yours doesn't heat up? the white line only happened once in case that is what you mean

About to open the seal on this phone. Ordered the unlock code there from eBay. Any tips or guides out there for me to get going with this? novice techie :(

monster1 wrote: »
    yes, top half.. very hot to the touch. Yours doesn't heat up? the white line only happened once in case that is what you mean

Mine is in a case, so that takes some of the heat I guess. Haven't noticed it getting hot anyway.
    GeneralC wrote: »
    About to open the seal on this phone. Ordered the unlock code there from eBay. Any tips or guides out there for me to get going with this? novice techie :(

No tips really. It's very straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GeneralC wrote: »

Unlock and enjoy! It's straightforward really, like any Android. Install the apps you have in your library and away you go.

Advertisement