Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

GvidoR wrote: »
    Seems the same to me so far. Snapchat bug is still here.

did you try sideloading the beta version as referenced in the last post on this thread?
    http://androidforums.com/threads/is-the-new-snapchat-update-working-for-you.946622/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

did you try sideloading the beta version as referenced in the last post on this thread?
    http://androidforums.com/threads/is-the-new-snapchat-update-working-for-you.946622/

I deleted it and then installed this and it was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They've only went and removed the wifi hotspot from the phone in 5.1.1. It's still there in the turkey rom, think I'll switch back to that or the uk one. :mad:

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They've only went and removed the wifi hotspot from the phone in 5.1.1. It's still there in the turkey rom, think I'll switch back to that or the uk one. :mad:

It's there on mine. I was able to turn it on too. Haven't tried connecting yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

My hotspot still there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone notice any difference with Dolby Sound?

It's there on mine. I was able to turn it on too. Haven't tried connecting yet though.

Its missing from mine.

XTcFfyw.jpg

BjuY3BRl.png

[img][/img]

Very strange. I have rooted since, I wonder was it there before root. Will have to flash again.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Very strange. I have rooted since, I wonder was it there before root. Will have to flash again.

Have rooted mine and still have it, have you checked if it works when not connected to your pc/usb debugging?

• Advertisement

pauleoin wrote: »
    Have rooted mine and still have it, have you checked if it works when not connected to your pc/usb debugging?

Might be onto something there. Wasn't back when I disconnected from the PC but did come back after a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Just got the update notification there now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone have any issues using this in the US?

I cant register on any network with it. Also only seeing T-Mobile available.

Just noticed in the developer options a toggle for OEM Unlocking, the description says it allows for the bootloader to be unlocked.. Is this new?
    Would this also be an easy way to flash new ROMs without a new recovery?

Just noticed in the developer options a toggle for OEM Unlocking, the description says it allows for the bootloader to be unlocked.. Is this new? Would this also be an easy way to flash new ROMs without a new recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Just installed the update and Sky Go is working fine.

Yep, upgraded last night and Sky Go is working fine...

Also, one great change (IMO) is in the "Interruptions" options; you can now select "None - until next alarm" (as previously selecting "None" included silencing the alarm!).

Haven't discovered anything else earth-shatteringly different yet...

DanC90 wrote: »
    Just noticed in the developer options a toggle for OEM Unlocking, the description says it allows for the bootloader to be unlocked.. Is this new?
    Would this also be an easy way to flash new ROMs without a new recovery?

Yes this is new.

Problem is there isn't anyone working on ROMs for the phone.

Anyone tried to root on 5.1.1?

dahat wrote: »
    Yes this is new.

Problem is there isn't anyone working on ROMs for the phone.

Anyone tried to root on 5.1.1?

Yeah, went just as smooth as on 5.0.2. Using wondershare mobilego.

Yeah, went just as smooth as on 5.0.2. Using wondershare mobilego.

Using same I have rooted it twice but it seems lose root pretty quickly.

dahat wrote: »
    Using same I have rooted it twice but it seems lose root pretty quickly.

Is it definitely losing root or just asking you repeatedly for root access to the same apps? If its the latter you just need su default access to be set to grant instead of prompt. If it looses root after a reboot then there is a guide on modaco.com on how to root problematic su6's. It involves flashing SuperSU via twrp.

• Advertisement

Is it definitely losing root or just asking you repeatedly for root access to the same apps? If its the latter you just need su default access to be set to grant instead of prompt. If it looses root after a reboot then there is a guide on modaco.com on how to root problematic su6's. It involves flashing SuperSU via twrp.

Its losing root as after Mobile go gives root access the SU binary won't update.

I will look at the Modaco guide to see what that suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

5.1 seems to be running well, not noticing any real world general usage improvments. Maybe it seems snappier going in and out of apps but I dunno if thats placebo.

Can't remove carrier name on this version of 5.1...

5.1 seems to be running well, not noticing any real world general usage improvments. Maybe it seems snappier going in and out of apps but I dunno if thats placebo.

Can't remove carrier name on this version of 5.1...

You can with root using xposed module custom text.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

It appears the 5.1.1 update has not activated quick charge technology. Bought an Aukey PA-T1 Qualcomm 2.0 compatible charger last w/end and was hoping this would work with the update.

In 1 hr it went from 1% to 33% so I guess Vodafone/ZTE haven't switched it on despite advertising this feature on the Box. A shame. No other issues to report with update apart from Google Play Services initially notifying that it had stopped on phone startup. That appears to have corrected itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Whenever I check for an online update it says "Network error, please try again later!". Any ideas on how to fix this? I think it could be caused by me canceling the update after a few seconds. It also says I am on version VDF-995NB01-IE_MR01d which is the name of the new update I think.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Whenever I check for an online update it says "Network error, please try again later!". Any ideas on how to fix this? I think it could be caused by me canceling the update after a few seconds. It also says I am on version VDF-995NB01-IE_MR01d which is the name of the new update I think.

New version is 02b, try a reboot, if that fails the ota file is posted a page or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

New version is 02b, try a reboot, if that fails the ota file is posted a page or so back.

Cheers will give that a go now.
    EDIT: Is a hard reset the same as a reboot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

a issues? I have mine a good few months now. the outer egde of te screen looks kinda dirty, hard to explain, runs the entire circumference of the screens outer edge. just changed protector and its deffo the screen itself.

only noticeable when screen is turned off.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Cheers will give that a go now.
    EDIT: Is a hard reset the same as a reboot?

A restart, just a power off and on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

What are the biggest flaws with this phone?
    Processor camera....

Advertisement