Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just popped up on mine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

downloaded and updated no problem, will see if there are any issues with use in the next few hours/days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

THE ALM wrote:
    downloaded and updated no problem, will see if there are any issues with use in the next few hours/days.

Anything different about it or is it just bug fixes?

Anyone know if Sky Go is supported on the new update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

downloading now...any big improvements in 5.1.1?
    also, any sign of quick charging? I know the device is supposed to have it buts its never worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

5.1.1 is now available in Ireland for this phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ComfortKid wrote: »

It works on the Turkey version supposedly so I'd say its safe to say it'll work on the IRL version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Cionn wrote:
    5.1.1 is now available in Ireland for this phone

You're right, it's finally here. :)

Downloading now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So what were the fixes etc on 5.1.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Exactly what I'm waiting to hear about before I update...

Just tried but it saysy phone is rooted but Root checker says it isn't!! Bloody hell

• Advertisement

dahat wrote:
    Just tried but it saysy phone is rooted but Root checker says it isn't!! Bloody hell

I think the problem with my phone is that I can't disable mirrcast. Can you see if that's possible now?

I think the problem with my phone is that I can't disable mirrcast. Can you see if that's possible now?

Cant see where that ever was tbh. Never used it.

Display-cast screen - 3 dots in top right untick enable wireless display.

Is this what you're looking for?

dahat wrote:
    Cant see where that ever was tbh. Never used it.

Either did I, but that's why Sky Go wouldn't work, because mirrcast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Just to update I'm still waiting for my handset to arrive. Complained to Amazon, they told me to hold on.

"The carrier advised us that they are experiencing difficulties delivering in time a large number of parcels including yours. Just in case if your parcel is not received by Wednesday, 9 December 2015 contact us again and we'll be happy to send you a replacement"

They gave me £10 refund so if anyone is in the same situation maybe worth your while moaning a bit...

FrostyJim wrote:
    Display-cast screen - 3 dots in top right untick enable wireless display.

Yes. I was able to disable it, but the sky go app keeps saying I need to disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

GvidoR wrote: »
    You're right, it's finally here. :)

Downloading now

How do you download it? When I go into my settings it tells me my software is up to date but it's version 5.0.2. My phone isn't jailbroken. Is it a case of just waiting for it to appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

How do you download it? When I go into my settings it tells me my software is up to date but it's version 5.0.2. My phone isn't jailbroken. Is it a case of just waiting for it to appear?

Go into settings, about phone and software updates. Click on online update, that will check to see if you have the latest version. Worked for me anyway.

noler123 wrote: »
    Go into settings, about phone and software updates. Click on online update, that will check to see if you have the latest version. Worked for me anyway.

You never want to try update a rooted phone with stock ota updates, best unroot before updating and go back to stock recovery. Or wait for a flashable twrp recovery zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I'm also waiting on delivery from Amazon and got an email to say delivery date 1st December. I cannot find any email address, phone number or chat online to complain. Can you give me the details of how you contacted them.

Xcellor wrote: »
    Just to update I'm still waiting for my handset to arrive. Complained to Amazon, they told me to hold on.

"The carrier advised us that they are experiencing difficulties delivering in time a large number of parcels including yours. Just in case if your parcel is not received by Wednesday, 9 December 2015 contact us again and we'll be happy to send you a replacement"

They gave me £10 refund so if anyone is in the same situation maybe worth your while moaning a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Trish56 wrote: »
    I'm also waiting on delivery from Amazon and got an email to say delivery date 1st December. I cannot find any email address, phone number or chat online to complain. Can you give me the details of how you contacted them.

If you go into your orders there is a link that says "your order should have arrived please contact us.." only through their desktop website.

But if you click Help and then look for contact us you should get same result.

Just hope the bleeding mobile arrives or gf will be pissed!!

dahat wrote:

Just installed the update and Sky Go is working fine.

noler123 wrote: »

Thats exactly what I did! Old version showing up :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what I did! Old version showing up :rolleyes:

Is your phone rooted?

For anyone who is getting the system up to date message.

Here's a direct link to the update.

Download and place on SD card, then go back to update and select from SD card.

Ireland 5.1.1 OTA:

http://dl1.ztems.com/zxmdmp/download.do?doWhat=getUp&filename=firmwarepackages/HK/ZTE/Vodafone Smart ultra 6/123704/update_IE_VDF_P839V55V1.0.0B13_to_V1.0.0B09.up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got notified of update 5.1.1 being available.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Could people who update to 5.1.1 let us know what the system stability/bugs/battery life is like afterwards. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

kyeev wrote:
    Could people who update to 5.1.1 let us know what the system stability/bugs/battery life is like afterwards. Cheers.

Seems the same to me so far. Snapchat bug is still here.

Just installed the update and Sky Go is working fine.

Sky Go thinksy phone is rooted as I tried a few times but failed.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Is your phone rooted?

It's only unlocked

Advertisement