Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

antodeco wrote: »
    if there is any recommended root, Id appreciate that too! Thanks

See the post just above your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

What messaging app are you using for SMS?

I use Google Messenger. Settings->Advanced->Group Messaging->Send SMS only.

In hangouts it's Settings->SMS->Group Messaging untick

FYI

This Group Messaging option was not available for me when I looked so I went to the Play store and looked for Google Messenger, clicked on update and voila, group messaging appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

bidiots wrote: »
    FYI

This Group Messaging option was not available for me when I looked so I went to the Play store and looked for Google Messenger, clicked on update and voila, group messaging appeared.

Well bugger me, that sorted it. I'm VERY slow to update Apps but now I have the option is there. Who'd have thunk it? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anyone taken their screen protectors off or just don't bother using one? I did because mine was a finger print magnet and the screen has better clarity with the protector off. Im always super careful so I don't need one anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone taken their screen protectors off or just don't bother using one? I did because mine was a finger print magnet and the screen has better clarity with the protector off. Im always super careful so I don't need one anyways.

Mine was off the minute I got it ;-) No cover on mine either, I just resort to being super cautious all the time! It never goes in a pocket with anything else, always left on a piece of paper on my desk etc. etc. A bit anal I know but worth it! :cool:

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Mine was off the minute I got it ;-) No cover on mine either, I just resort to being super cautious all the time! It never goes in a pocket with anything else, always left on a piece of paper on my desk etc. etc. A bit anal I know but worth it! :cool:

Lol I do the same, place it on paper or napkin at my desk or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

madmoe wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who did that :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

What messaging app are you using for SMS?

I use Google Messenger. Settings->Advanced->Group Messaging->Send SMS only.

In hangouts it's Settings->SMS->Group Messaging untick

I'm using SimpleText, and I don't see any such option. I did go into Messenger, and I can see the setting but it's greyed out - maybe because it's not the default messaging app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

neacy69 wrote: »
    been working grand for me

Any chance she is taking them too quickly? the file name is screenshot-date-time.png with the time being the time down to the second...so if she is taking more than one per second it could overwriting?

I had the problem, not the wife :). The poster before me was saying his wife had screenshots probs. Mine working perfect now, phone won't allow me to take then to quick, I have to wait until they save before I can take another.
    RainyDay wrote: »
    Where do you make this change?

Settings - Storage and at the top it says "default write disk". You can change this to SD or Phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

I think this phone might just look too expensive than it actually is. I just got robbed by a dickhead cyclist thief near eden quay (nice bike red inside trim on the wheels, red/grey hoodie wearing a black wooly cap). Remember to keep two hands on the phone in public and blucky flip case are not useful even tho they may keep the screen safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

cas2kx wrote: »
    I think this phone might just look too expensive than it actually is. I just got robbed by a dickhead cyclist thief near eden quay (nice bike red inside trim on the wheels, red/grey hoodie wearing a black wooly cap). Remember to keep two hands on the phone in public and blucky flip case are not useful even tho they may keep the screen safe.

That's just shi**y, I hope the cnut falls off his bike. Prob a stolen bike too.
    It happened to me once, was walking along texting minding my own business when a hand pops out of a car window that was parked where I was walking, grabs the phone and shouts fcuk you as they tore off.

Anyway you know the drill, garda to report it, and your network to block it. I would assume its Vodafone you need to contact to get it blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

corsav6 wrote: »
    That's just shi**y, I hope the cnut falls off his bike. Prob a stolen bike too.
    It happened to me once, was walking along texting minding my own business when a hand pops out of a car window that was parked where I was walking, grabs the phone and shouts fcuk you as they tore off.

Anyway you know the drill, garda to report it, and your network to block it. I would assume its Vodafone you need to contact to get it blocked.

Nope, you contact the network you were using. The phones IMEI will be linked to your account. Handset barring is initiated at your request by them. In the unlikely event you get it back, this is reversed with a simple phone all from yourself. Tough luck, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How quick are the guys with the unlock codes?

Getting one at 9 but need phone for work and my sim needs to be nano size so its useless in current handset.

dahat wrote: »
    How quick are the guys with the unlock codes?

Getting one at 9 but need phone for work and my sim needs to be nano size so its useless in current handset.

Just don't switch over your sim til you have the unlock code. Usually only take a few hours for the code to come through.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Just don't switch over your sim til you have the unlock code. Usually only take a few hours for the code to come through.

Yeah but current sim is not nano so it needs to be cut to size plus I'm working at 12.

Far too impatient to wait till tmrw to get the sim cut to size. Guess I will just chance it and see if it comes through before 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I thought I was the only one who did that :pac::pac:

Unreal the lengths one will go to in order to preserve a phone :p Do you gents have covers or do you prefer to go naked?

dahat wrote: »
    Yeah but current sim is not nano so it needs to be cut to size plus I'm working at 12.

Far too impatient to wait till tmrw to get the sim cut to size. Guess I will just chance it and see if it comes through before 12.

Cutting to nano is very hard, much harder than going to micro imo. If you can at all just bring the two phones with you so you can play around with the su6 till the code arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Cutting to nano is very hard, much harder than going to micro imo. If you can at all just bring the two phones with you so you can play around with the su6 till the code arrives.

+1
    Ruined a MicroSIM trying to make a Nano out of it :o - it's not the same as making a MicroSIM out of a NormalSIM.

Get a new NanoSIM...

Thanks lads.

Just gotta replacement sim and will wait for unlock code etc.

Initail.impression is good but the vibrate on keypad is odd.

Got the unlock code in less than 1hr, wow.

Just need old sim to die now and I'm sorted hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭mjp

Picking up one of these at the weekend but wondering how I mirror my phone to my lg smart tv. Will be hoping to be using it to stream matches from modbro app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Wow, and I though I was anal using a gel cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

mjp wrote:
    Picking up one of these at the weekend but wondering how I mirror my phone to my lg smart tv. Will be hoping to be using it to stream matches from modbro app.

Use a Chromecast, Mobdro has cast support built in.

How much have people paid to get this phone unlocked. Was quoted €30 for it there which I thought was very high. Appreciate if you could advise somewhere in Dublin at reasonable price

How much is it to get this phone unlocked. Picking one up later today but was quoted €30 to get it unlocked.

Appreciate if you could pm me the link discussed earlier in thread as can't find the name. Thanks

mjp wrote: »
    How much have people paid to get this phone unlocked. Was quoted €30 for it there which I thought was very high. Appreciate if you could advise somewhere in Dublin at reasonable price

Buy a code from eBay.ie for about €5 or less. Just check the seller has positive feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

mjp wrote: »

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Unlock-Codes-16-Digit-instant-codes-Worldwide-Database-/252106469826?hash=item3ab2b771c2

Be careful going into high street stores unlocking phones, absolute ripp offs... EBay is a mega no brainer for anything like this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Used this and got it in 20 mins! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Zascar wrote: »
    Used this and got it in 20 mins! Thanks!

How do these guys generate codes? Guess it is some type of software?

Advertisement