Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone buy a Tempered Glass Screen Protector on eBay?

Care to recommend a seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Zebbedee

mjp wrote: »
    Picking up one of these at the weekend but wondering how I mirror my phone to my lg smart tv. Will be hoping to be using it to stream matches from modbro app.

I mirrored it to an android tv box using the cast screen app on the fone.
    I found it unusable though as there was a huge amount of white noise audio.
    I never tried it again after that.
    Did anybody else succeed?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

What's the best case + screen protector for this phone?

Got a simple gel case atm

Initial feelings on the phone are good. Bit laggy, but nothing I can't live with. Purchased primarily for studying (video based) so happy with the extra size. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Got phone unlocked however wont allowe make calls.says only vodafone customers.is there another app I meed to install to make calls using my three sim??
    Vodafone app call+ seems to be the app used. Please dont tell me I need to root the phone???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

seefin wrote: »
    Got phone unlocked however wont allowe make calls.says only vodafone customers.is there another app I meed to install to make calls using my three sim??

Sounds like the phone is still locked. where did you get your unlocking code from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I unlocked mine using Vodafone NAC code. Now I'm using 3 SIM for a couple of days and have no issues with 4G, calls or texts. Everything worked right away, didn't even need to change any settings. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Vodafone app call+ seems to be the app used. Please dont tell me I need to root the phone???

Use the standard call dialer app? I think it's just called "Phone".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have the phone nearly a week now and must say I really like it.

One thing though i save bits and pieces to a file on my SD card but it won't leave me select the said folder to save the zips to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

dahat wrote: »
    Have the phone nearly a week now and must say I really like it.

One thing though i save bits and pieces to a file on my SD card but it won't leave me select the said folder to save the zips to.

Had a similar problem. I used a card reader on a laptop to name the sdcard & it's fine now.

You're using the wrong app. "Phone" is the original app on the phone for making calls, the Call+ is VF bloatware.

Download "Messenger" from the Play Store to send messages
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Sounds like the phone is still locked. where did you get your unlocking code from?

• Advertisement

jgbyr wrote: »
    Had a similar problem. I used a card reader on a laptop to name the sdcard & it's fine now.

Re name it to Fran sd from Sd0 ?

Tried to rename it on the phone but no joy so will have to suffer on as lappy is cooked plus have no card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I just right clicked on it gave it a name, put it back in the phone & it's working fine since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

jgbyr wrote: »
    I just right clicked on it gave it a name, put it back in the phone & it's working fine since.

Tried to rename it on the phone but no joy so will have to suffer on as lappy is cooked plus have no card reader.

Very interesting - I'm have a strange problem with SD card permissions. Some apps work fine, like camera and gallery. But other apps like Quickpic and iSync seem to have problems with deleting stuff from the card. They then bring me into the Android permissions feature, and tell me to choose 'show SD card' and then choose the SD card from the left hand menu, but there is no SD card in the left hand menu.

I think I did a fresh formatting of the card in the phone at one stage, so I might try that - or would it help if I connect the phone to the laptop and reformat the card from the laptop? I don't have a card reader here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

any news on the andtoid 5.1 firmware update that was being tested over a month ago

Nowso wrote: »
    any news on the andtoid 5.1 firmware update that was being tested over a month ago

Try the VF forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nowso wrote: »

Not much, I'm afraid.
    Hi,

We will request for an update on this issue with the engineers who are investigating and come back as soon as one is available,

Regards.

Some people have been contacting Vodafone and ZTE.

Also someone from xdadevelopers forum is working on a 5.1 ROM. He has it up and running but has still some work to do to get everything working.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Bought a mhl to HDMI for this phone but can't get it to work. Any one else have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Initial feelings on the phone are good. Bit laggy, but nothing I can't live with. Purchased primarily for studying (video based) so happy with the extra size. :)

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

This SU6 Heavy Duty Case and SU6 screen protector did the job for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Anybody have problems updating the software on the phone.I am on version ie02c but when I check on software update it says there is none available ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Anybody have problems updating the software on the phone.I am on version ie02c but when I check on software update it says there is none available ?

Did you root or install any apps that would mess with system settings?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This SU6 Heavy Duty Case and SU6 screen protector did the job for me...

The normal TPU gel cases are better imo, that is humongous on an already big device. The screen protector is a good shout though!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I have no problems updating the software (none available) but have been suffering with the Lollipop software bug detailed here.

I cannot save files to the SD card from certain apps, so I have to save to internal storage and get to a computer to transfer them to the card. ES File explorer cannot get access but the regular File Manager can. I have tried to rename the sd card but it still does not work (it is already formatted to FAT32) and I get the Documents has closed error. XDA wasn't a huge help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did you root or install any apps that would mess with system settings?

No just unlocked the phone would this cause problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

madmoe wrote: »
    Mine was off the minute I got it ;-) No cover on mine either, I just resort to being super cautious all the time! It never goes in a pocket with anything else, always left on a piece of paper on my desk etc. etc. A bit anal I know but worth it! :cool:

Do you have the screen facing down?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

The normal TPU gel cases are better imo, that is humongous on an already big device. The screen protector is a good shout though!

The stand at the back of the case (for viewing in landscape orientation) is a big plus for me though...

I find the gel cases are magnets for dust & dirt - I had one while waiting for my case to arrive and it attracted so much dirt in behind the phone that moss started to grow... /end_slight_exaggeration :rolleyes:

Not familiar (I think) with "TPU gel cases" though...

Agreed, it does make a big phone bigger... but only a little :D

More small issues, my Kodi system is not reading the phone as external HDD even with the USB computer option ticked.

These small issues are pretty annoying for me tbh.

No just unlocked the phone would this cause problems?

No unlocking makes no difference to updates. Not sure why that would be happening then.

Reset the phone and same problem .Anywhere online that the updates can be downloaded ?

• Advertisement

Reset the phone and same problem .Anywhere online that the updates can be downloaded ?

modaco.com/forums/forum/796-vodafone-smart-ultra-6/

Advertisement