Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

GvidoR wrote: »
    Have it over a month. No issues.

Same. Pretty happy with it, only a few niggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Niggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone had this a period of time?

Any issues starting to appear? Will be buying one next week hopefully so wanna be sure its not a pile of junk after 3 months.

Have it since, 25/08 still really like it.

Anyone know best prepay deal, am on Tesco 20 a month, 48's 20 a month is similar but you get 8gb as opposed to 5gb, whereas you get 1000 minutes as opposed to unlimited but I'd never use anything like a 1000 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Anyone know best prepay deal, am on Tesco 20 a month, 48's 20 a month is similar but you get 8gb as opposed to 5gb, whereas you get 1000 minutes as opposed to unlimited but I'd never use anything like a 1000 anyway?

Meteor's 20 a month prepay gives you unlimited calls and 7.5gb plus better coverage than Tesco/48 AND free monthly cinema tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Free cinema tickets? :eek:

Meteor's 20 a month prepay gives you unlimited calls and 7.5gb plus better coverage than Tesco/48 AND free monthly cinema tickets

Its 30 bills for unlimited calls, texts and 7.5 gb.

http://https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

20 for free calls and 7,5gb data
    Use webtext then?

vectra wrote: »
    Use webtext then?

There used to be an app for sending webtexts almost like regular texts. Pretty sure there still are and probably even better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Yes but if you go with the twenty you get 400 free webtexts plus most folk use viber/whatsapp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i'm on PAYG €10 a month 3g data only plan unlimited with meteor then I normally top up €5 extra for calls (I hardly make any calls on the mobile) and use free meter webtexts - I vowed years ago never to go bill pay ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just got this today. Very happy so far but I know of people here in work who had to send theirs back!!

I would like Google Now and not Flipboard when I swipe left from the home screen, how does one enable this!?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Bill pay is a rip off, Is there any way of sorting your most used apps like on the vodafone turbo smart 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

madmoe wrote: »
    Just got this today. Very happy so far but I know of people here in work who had to send theirs back!!

I would like Google Now and not Flipboard when I swipe left from the home screen, how does one enable this!?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Download google now launcher from the play store.

vectra wrote: »
    Use webtext then?

Webtext doesn't give a delivery report which I hate, most people I know don't use whats app, viber etc. I need real texts, unlimited calls and 5+GB data, so far Tesco is best for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Webtext doesn't give a delivery report which I hate, most people I know don't use whats app, viber etc. I need real texts, unlimited calls and 5+GB data, so far Tesco is best for that.

I agree,
    I am not a heavy data user as most of the time I am on wifi.
    I to use Tesco, 15 per month is good for me
    all calls. all texts and 1gb data.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

Lol @ not using WhatsApp or Viber nowadays, honestly the best methods of keeping in contact with people, especially if you've a group of friends and setup group chats where you'll all have a laugh. Being able to easily share photos and other media easier than through text is also a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

If coverage is important then I'd go the meteor route, and free cinema tickets every month is a nice bonus.

Also lonespeaker over on XDA has a bootable cm12 available for download, its not a daily driver yet but calls, texts and WiFi seem to be working. Great news for us su6 owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Laugh if you like but lots of people still don't use those apps and it some or most of your contacts don't then they're not much of an option...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

TM wrote: »
    Laugh if you like but lots of people still don't use those apps and it some or most of your contacts don't then they're not much of an option...

That's their problem. Isn't basically every phone sold nowadays a smart phone? There's no excuse to not install WhatsApp or Viber, even the cheapest smart phones can use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

You Mirin? wrote: »
    That's their problem.
    No - it's a problem for the person who wants to contact them too.

You Mirin? wrote: »
    That's their problem. Isn't basically every phone sold nowadays a smart phone? There's no excuse to not install WhatsApp or Viber, even the cheapest smart phones can use them.

Good point. Sending pictures, voice clips, directions/location is much quicker and easier with those apps. Even companies use them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone successfully replaced the screen after dropping it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How about that Vodafone Smart Ultra 6? Great phone so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 adamshare01

Are they dual sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

How about that Vodafone Smart Ultra 6? Great phone so it is.

It's a very good phone for the price its as quick as my old LG G2 and the battery life is nearly as good. I've had a few minor problems but nothing major eg. Snapchat (applying filters to snaps freezes the app) and when I lose three's coverage it keeps going into o2 2g mode and I have to manually force it to go back to the three 4g/3g network.
    Are they dual sim?
    It is single sim only.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cas2kx wrote: »
    It's a very good phone for the price its as quick as my old LG G2 and the battery life is nearly as good. I've had a few minor problems but nothing major eg. Snapchat (applying filters to snaps freezes the app) and when I lose three's coverage it keeps going into o2 2g mode and I have to manually force it to go back to the three 4g/3g network.

I find mine only jumps to the O2 network if im in my underground carpark, and is quite quick to jump back to three once I'm outside again. But it is still a great phone, I've had mine since the start (ish) of August (not long I know) but all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Mine also moves to O2 when it can't fine the Three network. But it moves back again straight away.

The most annoying part of it is it thinks O2 is roaming so it blocks my internet access. Come on Three. Why can't you just merge the two networks??

But this is a network issue not a phone issue. I'm very happy with the phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I've just put mine up on adverts with some accessories (7 coloured cases & tempered glass screen cover)...
    I've been debating about it for a while but the icing on the cake was the last two weekends I went to two different weddings & left it in the car as it's just too big to fit into any bag I have & no pockets in dresses!

I REALLY love this Fone, it's the best one I've had in 4 years including the s4 even when it was brand new!! But not having it with me when I'm doing stuff kinda defeats the purpose... Was the same deal at a few outings over the time I've had it!
    No fotos & missed calls & texts!!

If there was a 5 inch version with the same specs I'd be so happy! Ah well back to the quest for the right Fone! Would be perfect for someone with pockets or a bigger bag!

If anyone on here is interested, priority & discount given to boardsies as I have you guys to thank in the first place, unlocked of course & has box & receipt, pm me if interested

SOLD!! Got the asking price within a few hours, thanks for all the messages! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I've just put mine up on adverts with some accessories (7 coloured cases & tempered glass screen cover)...
    I've been debating about it for a while but the icing on the cake was the last two weekends I went to two different weddings & left it in the car as it's just too big to fit into any bag I have & no pockets in dresses!

I REALLY love this Fone, it's the best one I've had in 4 years including the s4 even when it was brand new!! But not having it with me when I'm doing stuff kinda defeats the purpose... Was the same deal at a few outings over the time I've had it!
    No fotos & missed calls & texts!!

If there was a 5 inch version with the same specs I'd be so happy! Ah well back to the quest for the right Fone! Would be perfect for someone with pockets or a bigger bag!

If anyone on here is interested, priority & discount given to boardsies as I have you guys to thank in the first place, unlocked of course & has box & receipt, pm me if interested

SOLD!! Got the asking price within a few hours, thanks for all the messages! :)

Advertisement