Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

davo2001 wrote: »
    Quick question, was thinking of getting one of these for my father, are they all still vodafone locked or can you buy an unlocked version from vodafone.

If i need an unlock code can anyone with direct experience recommend one and how to unlock it?

TIA

They are all locked to Vodafone. Just search eBay and go with any of the many sellers with good feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

anyone have any difficulty automatically reconnecting to Bluetooth car kits

iPhone used to do this seamlessly

Have to select device with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Got herself one of these, whats the story with screenshots shes complaining they arent saving for her and replacing the previous screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

anyone have any difficulty automatically reconnecting to Bluetooth car kits

iPhone used to do this seamlessly

Have to select device with this
    All works fine with my Superbuddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Nolars wrote: »
    Got herself one of these, whats the story with screenshots shes complaining they arent saving for her and replacing the previous screenshot?

I had exactly the same problem, took 4 screenshots and only the last 1 saved. I changed storage location to SD card and they worked grand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

corsav6 wrote: »
    I had exactly the same problem, took 4 screenshots and only the last 1 saved. I changed storage location to SD card and they worked grand then.

been working grand for me

Any chance she is taking them too quickly? the file name is screenshot-date-time.png with the time being the time down to the second...so if she is taking more than one per second it could overwriting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

No problems with screenshots on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Any one come across an issue with the back button? Basically phone is acting as if the back button is being pressed it vibrates and exits any open app, tried a few restarts and keeps happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

corsav6 wrote: »
    I changed storage location to SD card and they worked grand then.

Where do you make this change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Does anyone know if these bugs are due to the MR01d update or across the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

unreg999 wrote: »

.... If there was a 5 inch version with the same specs I'd be so happy! ... :)

Check out Doogee y100 pro 5" screen with sony camera built in - my wife has it and likes it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

dahat wrote: »
    Can you change the font on this phone without root access?

I dont think this one needs root:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.bfont&hl=en

EDIT: - you did mean font size?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I dont think this one needs root:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.bfont&hl=en

EDIT: - you did mean font size?

Not size, the actual font itself. Currently using Ifont but that requires root access which I won't have on my Ultra.

Seen on Xda to use Kingroot then install TWRP then into recovery and install SuperSu.

There is a 60 odd page thread over at Xda on the Ultra

Not size, the actual font itself. Currently using Ifont but that requires root access which I won't have on my Ultra.

Seen on Xda to use Kingroot then install TWRP then into recovery and install SuperSu.

There is a 60 odd page thread over at Xda on the Ultra

Use the windows mobilego wondershare method to route. Much cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Use the windows mobilego wondershare method to route. Much cleaner.

Link to method? Never rooted a phone before.

Any difference in battery life after rooting?

Edit: pure simple it looks. Easy partition the storage then which is my main reason for rooting.

Link to method? Never rooted a phone before.

Any difference in battery life after rooting?
    http://mobilego.wondershare.com

Won't make any difference to battery life on its own but rooting allows you disable/remove system apps that you might not use/want so it can improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Nice one Andy, looks good on paper, just bought one from Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭touts

Check out Doogee y100 pro 5" screen with sony camera built in - my wife has it and likes it

I don't know. Sounds dodgy....

I'll get my coat.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

Smart Ultra 6 microphone issue. Have the phone since August with no real probs other than not being able to send group texts. A number of times I have made a call and I can hear the other end perfectly but they can't hear me. Signal strength is not an issue. If I hang up and call again it works ok. Thought the problem was my wife's phone cos she's always complaining about it and it never happened when I called anyone else, but it just happened again with a call to a landline. Can't find anything about it being a problem. Just putting it out there in case it does arise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭touts

banjolin wrote: »
    Smart Ultra 6 microphone issue. Have the phone since August with no real probs other than not being able to send group texts. A number of times I have made a call and I can hear the other end perfectly but they can't hear me. Signal strength is not an issue. If I hang up and call again it works ok. Thought the problem was my wife's phone cos she's always complaining about it and it never happened when I called anyone else, but it just happened again with a call to a landline. Can't find anything about it being a problem. Just putting it out there in case it does arise.

Is your cheek hitting the mute button. This has happened to me a few times. Not just a problem on this phone. I had it on the Samsung Galaxy S3 also. You just learn to hold the phone at an angle or press the screen off button.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

And your group texts probably aren't working due to a setting being enabled that groups texts into MMS, rather than sending them all out individually. Either get MMS working, or uncheck this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

touts wrote: »
    Is your cheek hitting the mute button. This has happened to me a few times. Not just a problem on this phone. I had it on the Samsung Galaxy S3 also. You just learn to hold the phone at an angle or press the screen off button.
    +1 on this, have done it myself several times!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

WGvkeJo.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

We still dont have 5.1!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

And your group texts probably aren't working due to a setting being enabled that groups texts into MMS, rather than sending them all out individually. Either get MMS working, or uncheck this option.

Been through the settings a dozen times (phone and app) to try to find why group texts become MMS and I can't. I know I don't have MMS enabled (no APN) so they won't send but can't for the life of me find any way to stop group texts being changed to MMS in that way. I can send them with Hangouts but not the default Messenger app.

I honestly didn't know there was a mute button, and generally I have the screen covered because I have a book style phone cover. But I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Guys, anybody have a link to a simple root and rom install for the phone? Also, if there is any recommended root, Id appreciate that too! Thanks

Been through the settings a dozen times (phone and app) to try to find why group texts become MMS and I can't. I know I don't have MMS enabled (no APN) so they won't send but can't for the life of me find any way to stop group texts being changed to MMS in that way. I can send them with Hangouts but not the default Messenger app.

I honestly didn't know there was a mute button, and generally I have the screen covered because I have a book style phone cover. But I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

What messaging app are you using for SMS?

I use Google Messenger. Settings->Advanced->Group Messaging->Send SMS only.

In hangouts it's Settings->SMS->Group Messaging untick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Oasis1974 wrote:
    Think this phone is brilliant for the price but one minor niggle. When I swipe up or down a grey shadow? appears at either end is this a feature I don't think so.

That's the divil appearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

banjolin wrote:

Have phone since August on Tesco and never had that problem, u sure its not your network.

Advertisement