Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Android is turning into windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Im using next sms (previously Handscent) from google play store for my SMS texts app - and have installed the samsung galaxy skin.. its cool, just what im used to as was using a samsung galaxy note 1 previously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I am having no luck at all with rooting my VF SU6 :( I have tried kingroot that rooted it ... until I restarted the phone then it lost root, then tonight I factory reset my phone and rooted it successfully with Wondershare mobilego one click ... and that rooted it, bingo I thought at last its rooted ... but it wasnt to be because again after reboot it was unrooted again!! :mad:

Think I will have to resign fact that Im never gonna get this phone rooted, well not yet anyway. its doing my head in - I know others have permanently rooted this phone but I dunno why mine is not conforming

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I am having no luck at all with rooting my VF SU6 :( ...

Think I will have to resign fact that Im never gonna get this phone rooted, well not yet anyway. its doing my head in...

I'm probably going WAAAY off topic here, and maybe I should look elsewhere, but why would one root their phone?

Is if for aesthetic reasons? Does it open up some hidden extra super-power?

Just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

FrostyJim wrote: »
    There's a glitch in the google restore process.

Install this widget,enable notification light in it and then uninstall it. Should be fixed then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

Same problem, installed the widget but still not working. Haven't done a full reset yet, any other suggestions if that doesn't work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I'm probably going WAAAY off topic here, and maybe I should look elsewhere, but why would one root their phone?

Is if for aesthetic reasons? Does it open up some hidden extra super-power?

Just curious...

Lots of reasons but I do it so I can install adaway and change the dpi. Also to change the boot logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any sign of this getting 5.1?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

dedaw wrote:
    Same problem, installed the widget but still not working. Haven't done a full reset yet, any other suggestions if that doesn't work?

Worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Has anyone connected a bluetooth keyboard or used a pen with this phone.

Would love to do something similar with this as you can with a Galaxy Note. If you have used a pen, what apps do you recommend for note taking?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Using the tune-in radio app. After closing the app my screensaver becomes an image that was on the tune-in app. Tried clearing the cache but to not avail. Performed a restart and worked but don't want to do this every time. Anyone know a fix for this?

• Advertisement

kevin306 wrote: »
    Using the tune-in radio app. After closing the app my screensaver becomes an image that was on the tune-in app. Tried clearing the cache but to not avail. Performed a restart and worked but don't want to do this every time. Anyone know a fix for this?

This bug isn't specific to the su6. Haven't seen an solution for it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

It crashed and reset with artefacts on the screen again. I think it's for good this time, it won't power on.

I managed to grab a blurry shot of it mid crash...

http://i.imgur.com/wlp8hHe.jpg

There were artefacts, then the strange white lines (pic above) and then it turned off.

Took it to the Vodafone store. They started telling me about how they have to send it off, but I showed them the back of the receipt, it says "exchange in store within 28 days". They said they had to call the manager and he was not in. I'm going to go there tomorrow.

Either way, you've been warned. I hope I can manage to get a refund. Not happy with this phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fartingforfun

Looks to be a case of buy cheap, buy twice.
    Probably best to stick to the new Moto G, at least you know it works and will get updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

^ True.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Probably best to stick to the new Moto G, at least you know it works and will get updates.

I don't know, I'm happy with the phone. Sure, I replaced the first one I got but that was only because of a dead pixel and if you do a Google search you'll see that this has happened on premium brands such as HTC as well.

Also, according to Vodafone, Android 5.1 is currently being tested and the update should be out in a week or so.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Also, according to Vodafone, Android 5.1 is currently being tested and the update should be out in a week or so.
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Doubt it.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Doubt it.

Marshmallow is not released yet, probably wont get the update on this phone, but would love to be proven wrong. :)

I just recently came from 4.1.2 so Lollipop is still new to me anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A small handful of dud SU6s doesn't stop Moto G latest gen being relatively overpriced. And Motorola are far from living up to their original promises of Nexus-fast updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Looks to be a case of buy cheap, buy twice. Probably best to stick to the new Moto G, at least you know it works and will get updates.

I'm hoping to get a year out of like my last phone (S4 Active, screen burn through ruined it after 13 months). Is that unrealistic?

I'm hoping to get a year out of like my last phone (S4 Active, screen burn through ruined it after 13 months). Is that unrealistic?

More than realistic, I'd say. I used iPhone 3GS for 3 years and Samsung S3 Mini for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

GvidoR wrote: »
    I don't know, I'm happy with the phone. Sure, I replaced the first one I got but that was only because of a dead pixel and if you do a Google search you'll see that this has happened on premium brands such as HTC as well.

Fair play to Vodafone/ZTE if this is indeed released. A lot of manufacturers would just leave you on the software it came with out of the box, especially on a budget device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The new Moto G is completely overpriced. Surely you are joking? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Android is turning into windows.

and comment of the day goes to.......

In what way is it turning into "windows"?

Just seen one of the develepors over on xda has got cm12.1 booting on this device and says he just needs to sort out some sensors which is easily done and then we should have a working custom rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3143952/page41

Just seen one of the develepors over on xda has got cm12.1 booting on this device and says he just needs to sort out some sensors which is easily done and then we should have a working custom rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3143952/page41

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Techmaster wrote: »
    The new Moto G is completely overpriced. Surely you are joking? :rolleyes:

How much is the new Moto G?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

That guy also just received his one plus 2 so he may not be in any hurry to finish that ROM.
    Still great news for us, along with Vodafone testing 5.1.

corsav6 wrote: »
    That guy also just received his one plus 2 so he may not be in any hurry to finish that ROM.
    Still great news for us, along with Vodafone testing 5.1.

Yes I seen that, he has said he's determined to not be defeated also though so I'm sure he will get it going soon.

If he manages this it might not be so hard for developers to get cm13 going too when it gets released. Here's hoping anyway.

corwill wrote: »
    And Motorola are far from living up to their original promises of Nexus-fast updates.
    Motorola have been good with the updates, i think the problem has been at Googles end, lots of small problems with Lollipop have delayed the updates to the latest version, those who did push out a update found it caused problems and have pulled it.
    Fact is the Moto G will be getting android 6, i doubt the vodafone one will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Motorola have been good with the updates, i think the problem has been at Googles end, lots of small problems with Lollipop have delayed the updates to the latest version, those who did push out a update found it caused problems and have pulled it.
    Fact is the Moto G will be getting android 6, i doubt the vodafone one will

Vodafone have pushed two updates the for SU6 so far, with the jump to 5.1 on the cards. So far, so good on the update front, on a much more highly specced phone for a lower price. Chuffed. I'll be on 5.1 quicker than some Moto G 1st gen owners at that rate.

Advertisement