Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Basil3 wrote: »
    I believe some people that had bluetooth issues found that it was fixed after updating the phone to latest software.

THANKS - it says it was on the latest update

strangely I go the earphones to work through NFC and after that it picked up all the Bluetooth devices - kinda odd, but job done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I can see these phones for STG£115 on Amazon with free UK delivery. Using parcel motel would have it with me for under €140. Bit of a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I can see these phones for STG£115 on Amazon with free UK delivery. Using parcel motel would have it with me for under €140. Bit of a bargain?

I think it was 99GBP now and again. Id go for the SU7 for Marshmallow rather than being stuck on 5.1.1. Also, its probably a better build quality (the SU6 is poor, look throughout the thread for complaints)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Selling my ultra 6 if anyone is interested?

adverts

neacy69 wrote: »
    Selling my ultra 6 if anyone is interested?

adverts

naeemkhan: 75e
    neacy69: no thanks
    roseleen.whiteley: 40e offered

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

naeemkhan: 75e
    neacy69: no thanks
    roseleen.whiteley: 40e offered

:pac:

can be a feckin pain selling stuff on adverts - people offer stupid prices. I sold mine on ebay, unfortunately ebay and paypal fees took their sizeable chunk out of it though

can be a feckin pain selling stuff on adverts - people offer stupid prices. I sold mine on ebay, unfortunately ebay and paypal fees took their sizeable chunk out of it though

I put it up on ebay aswell but no interest yet...I still like the phone and wouldnt like to sell it for less than €90/100 cos its still a great phone and my dad/bro would be delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Then one isn't worth 100 second hand to be fair.

It's the same with everything second hand. 75 is decent for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

RossieMan wrote: »

They can be had for £99 from amazon regular enough, I would agree second hand they are worth about €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Issue this morning, seemingly with the SD card. The phone boots up and continually loops through "optimising App X of Y", bombs out and starts again.

When I take the SD card out, it goes through the same process but succeeds.

Any ideas, SD card is Sandisk Ultra 32Gb so not exactly a nasty cheap import. I've got the SD card in my laptop trying to back up the photos, but it's not able to read all of the files properly.
    any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Ranjo wrote: »
    Issue this morning, seemingly with the SD card. The phone boots up and continually loops through "optimising App X of Y", bombs out and starts again.

When I take the SD card out, it goes through the same process but succeeds.

Any ideas, SD card is Sandisk Ultra 32Gb so not exactly a nasty cheap import. I've got the SD card in my laptop trying to back up the photos, but it's not able to read all of the files properly.
    any ideas?

If it's not working properly in your laptop either it's probably corrupted.

Not much to be done about that unfortunately :(

Cionn wrote: »
    They can be had for £99 from amazon regular enough, I would agree second hand they are worth about €75.

Its the cheapest one on ebay....anyway I'll leave it up for another few days....if i dont get €90 for it then i'll give it to the bro

any ideas?

I know it's not much help to you now, but why wouldn't you have all photos backed up to google photos?

I'm amazed how many people don't use these free backup services, or store their contacts on a sim instead of using google.

RossieMan wrote: »

Maybe not but there's a sucker born every minute (Andy from Sligo sold his for 120 I think it was)

Its the cheapest one on ebay....anyway I'll leave it up for another few days....if i dont get €90 for it then i'll give it to the bro

Probably better chance of selling if you put up a pic of it rather than a stock image.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Moribund

sean29 wrote: »
    Hi
    I've been reading this thread for long time thinking "I must be lucky, no problems with this phone at all." Well a couple of days ago I noticed this yellow spot on the screen, looks like a burn defect, it's 3cm long and 2mm wide, it's along the left side of the screen. Anyone had this? When the phone heats up it is more visible

cdn-images.xda-developers.com/direct/3/4/4/5/5/7/0/1440077146504.jpg
    Exact same happened to me. It will gradually spread and then you will not be able to use the touch screen on the side. I brought mine back in to Vodafone - they replaced the screen and gave me a loan of another phone while waiting (just over 1 week).

Basil3 wrote: »
    I know it's not much help to you now, but why wouldn't you have all photos backed up to google photos?

I'm amazed how many people don't use these free backup services, or store their contacts on a sim instead of using google.

I do back up the photos actually, some a few of them hadn't uploaded. Sometimes it misses the odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yeah, try staying with it up there for longer - i had mine Buy it Now and thought that it wasnt gonna go for that at one stage but it had about 6 watchers and then sold in the end . Mine was absolutely perfect, in fact if you were to put a brand new one of vodafone shop shelf and next to the one I sold you would not tell the difference , there was not a mark on it and I never dropped it and always kept in a case and I dont smoke, and no smoking house so it didnt smell 'faggy' LOL - and I sold it Unlocked and with a new flip case as well. The buyer was well pleased with it and the condition (wasnt a Mug!) as they contacted me afterwards when they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

In the last couple of weeks my SU6 keeps sending me email, and twitter notifications, even though I have wifi and mobile data switched off. It's a pain because I have to mute the phone during the night, because I kept getting notifications. Have I accidentally changed some setting? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You should use Llama to control your profiles.
    It can track where you are by the mobile cell tower (no power hungry GPS) that you are connected to and, depending on the time, can apply a profile that suits you.

j46thI5.png

Doesn't exactly fix your problem but you might find it useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Any word if the ultra 7 will be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Anyone have this happen them before. Phone was dead this morning. Put it in charger would not turn on android logo kept spinning. So I done a soft reset. Holding down power button for 30 seconds. Now my phone wont charge at all.

kevin306 wrote: »
    Anyone have this happen them before. Phone was dead this morning. Put it in charger would not turn on android logo kept spinning. So I done a soft reset. Holding down power button for 30 seconds. Now my phone wont charge at all.

Do you have an SD in it? Similar to me above, was the SD card corrupt. started fine without it.

Do you have an SD in it? Similar to me above, was the SD card corrupt. started fine without it.

Unfortunately didn't work. Actually the phone is charging. However the notification light is not working and the charge indicator is not either.

Your phone isn't charging but is it turning on? What I mean to say is, do you have any confirmation that the phone is not charging other than the screen not coming on when you plug the charger in?
    Phones can do weird things when the battery drains completely.
    Try another soft reset (holding the volume up & power button for about 10 seconds).

Sounds software related to me. Can't imagine the charging dock or charger etc. just breaking like that out of the blue when you were having a different problem.

If that doesn't work, try the hard reset but if it's actually not charging, I don't see how you will be able to do one...

d31b0y wrote: »
    Your phone isn't charging but is it turning on? What I mean to say is, do you have any confirmation that the phone is not charging other than the screen not coming on when you plug the charger in?
    Phones can do weird things when the battery drains completely.
    Try another soft reset (holding the volume up & power button for about 10 seconds).

Sounds software related to me. Can't imagine the charging dock or charger etc. just breaking like that out of the blue when you were having a different problem.

If that doesn't work, try the hard reset but if it's actually not charging, I don't see how you will be able to do one...

It was stuck on the android spinning so I could't verify if it was charging or not. Eventually got it to boot up. But now the notification light does not work nor the charge indicator. It is charging though because I can see the bar & percentage moving up

Now... that is a strange one. Still though, it sounds like a software issue. If you are happy enough doing it, then I recommend a hard reset like you said. It's what I would do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone notice their Smart Ultra 6 bending over time?

I've had mine about a year now and just noticed this last week. Took it out of my pocket and put it face down on the table and noticed it wasn't level, picked it up and looked down the edge - there was a fair curve in it!

Nothing wrong with the phone other than that - smashing piece of kit for 180 beans.

Suppose curved tv's and phones are all the rage these days :pac:

• Advertisement

Maybe not but there's a sucker born every minute (Andy from Sligo sold his for 120 I think it was)

Got €100 for it on eBay. Took about 3 days. Had 14 watchers.

Advertisement