Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I sold my SU6 on ebay today . didnt loose too much on it. I aint gonna knock it, I thought it was great phone. I just went to Bill Pay Tesco is all and got the Huawei GX8 cheap on the tesco mobile plan. Everything pretty similar to the SU6 apart from camera lens is a better place (for me personally) and its a bit faster (has 3gb Ram and 32gb storage) and OIS on the camera (Think IOS wasnt on the SU6? - had to keep it dead still when taking photo or it would blurr) and same great battery stamina on the GX8 than the SU6, maybe a little better in fact.

What you got with the SU6 was a good bit of kit for €180 PAYG

I believe that with the GX8 if you want to buy that PAYG it would set u back €350 I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Was planning on getting my sister the ultra smart 6 for her birthday but am just wondering if I'm better off spending the extra €20 on the ultra smart 7?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

yes android 6 more upto date etc and easier to handle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hey Guys

Was planning on getting my sister the ultra smart 6 for her birthday but am just wondering if I'm better off spending the extra €20 on the ultra smart 7?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Yes, well worth it imo.
    I sold my SU6 on ebay today . didnt loose too much on it. I aint gonna knock it, I thought it was great phone. I just went to Bill Pay Tesco is all and got the Huawei GX8 cheap on the tesco mobile plan. Everything pretty similar to the SU6 apart from camera lens is a better place (for me personally) and its a bit faster (has 3gb Ram and 32gb storage) and OIS on the camera (Think IOS wasnt on the SU6? - had to keep it dead still when taking photo or it would blurr) and same great battery stamina on the GX8 than the SU6, maybe a little better in fact.

What you got with the SU6 was a good bit of kit for €180 PAYG

I believe that with the GX8 if you want to buy that PAYG it would set u back €350 I think.

How much? Id be interested in selling mine if I got a decent amount for it. Please PM if you want to keep it private.

How much? Id be interested in selling mine if I got a decent amount for it. Please PM if you want to keep it private.

ah no, its Ok - I got asking price of €120 buy it now on on ebay Ireland plus postage. i paid €179 from sligo Vodafone shop originally a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

heya I'm going to be a purchasing an ultra 7 this week and was wondering if the playstation app and xbox smartglass is compatible with that phone? I know there android apps but theysometimes dont work on one or 2 phones i had in the past , so just checking before i buy the smart ultra 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

heya I'm going to be a purchasing an ultra 7 this week and was wondering if the playstation app and xbox smartglass is compatible with that phone? I know there android apps but theysometimes dont work on one or 2 phones i had in the past , so just checking before i buy the smart ultra 7 :)

Did they by chance have an older version of Android running on them? Maybe 4.0 or less.

Ultra 7 has the latest version of Android 6.0 so should in theory run everything for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

heya I'm going to be a purchasing an ultra 7 this week and was wondering if the playstation app and xbox smartglass is compatible with that phone? I know there android apps but theysometimes dont work on one or 2 phones i had in the past , so just checking before i buy the smart ultra 7

I can't say for the SU7 but the SU6 runs the Smartglass app perfectly so I can only imagine the SU7 should run it fine too, I know it's not a definite answer but I hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Did they add a gyro to the SU7?

ah no, its Ok - I got asking price of €120 buy it now on on ebay Ireland plus postage. i paid €179 from sligo Vodafone shop originally a few months back

:eek: you did well there

Thanks

you did well there

Thanks

I did , in all honesty though it was absolutey perfect in condition , to take it out of its box youd swear you just bought it straight out of the vodafone shop for €179 with the added benefit was that i had it unlocked and updated with the latest update of 5.1.1 ... and i also supplied a flip case for it as well, so the buyer didnt do too bad as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The default Dialler app on my SU6 isn't displaying notifications for missed calls, I had noticed this was an issue previously but then it started to work, now it's not displaying them again.

I've tried a restart but that hasn't helped, I think the setting are all ok, has anyone got any suggestions or had this issue on their phone ?

Alfie1 wrote: »
    The default Dialler app on my SU6 isn't displaying notifications for missed calls, I had noticed this was an issue previously but then it started to work, now it's not displaying them again.

I've tried a restart but that hasn't helped, I think the setting are all ok, has anyone got any suggestions or had this issue on their phone ?

are you talking about the round red circle with a white number inside it on the Icon? (I think they call them badges) - and are you using the stock Launcher or another home launcher from the play store?

are you talking about the round red circle with a white number inside it on the Icon? (I think they call them badges) - and are you using the stock Launcher or another home launcher from the play store?

I'm talking about notifications on the lock screen.
    Notifications are displayed there if I get a voice mail (or a text) but not if I have a missed call. I'm using the stock Dialler/Phone. I've attached a few screenshots to make it clearer.

No missed call notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-08-36-34.png

Dialler app info:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-08-51-05.png

Voice mail notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-09-16-05.png

Messenger notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-09-26-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm talking about notifications on the lock screen.
    Notifications are displayed there if I get a voice mail (or a text) but not if I have a missed call. I'm using the stock Dialler/Phone. I've attached a few screenshots to make it clearer.

No missed call notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-08-36-34.png

Dialler app info:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-08-51-05.png

Voice mail notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-09-16-05.png

Messenger notification:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-09-26-14.png

Try Google now launcher and see if it sorts the issue.

Sorry not sure exactly what you mean, I've used Google Now to make a call if that's what you mean, I then rang my phone from a different number but no notification of the missed call (I didn't answer) on the lock screen, the call is listed in the list of "recent calls" though.

Alfie1 wrote:

Alfie1 wrote:

A couple of other things you could try is go into your dialer app settings and clear the cache. And try loading another lockscreen app from play store. I particularly didn't like the stock vodafone su6 lockscreen myself nor the launcher. So i myself downloaded windows 8 launcher and chose wp lockscreen from that app as my lockscreen

I did , in all honesty though it was absolutey perfect in condition , to take it out of its box youd swear you just bought it straight out of the vodafone shop for €179 with the added benefit was that i had it unlocked and updated with the latest update of 5.1.1 ... and i also supplied a flip case for it as well, so the buyer didnt do too bad as well.

Ah come on now Andy :pac: . Its €2 to unlock it and it's an OTA update thats under 40MBs.

Did you sell it on Adverts/DoneDeal/Ebay? Cost much to send it?

Ah come on now Andy :pac: . Its €2 to unlock it and it's an OTA update thats under 40MBs.

Did you sell it on Adverts/DoneDeal/Ebay? Cost much to send it?

Let alone the time and effort I put in waiting for the unlock code, and waiting for the download to complete on a slow internet connection ;)

At the end of the day you try going into a Vodafone shop today and buying a VFSU6 and asking them to unlock it, update it, give you a case and tell them you will only give them €120 for it - good luck with that! :D

Let alone the time and effort I put in waiting for the unlock code, and waiting for the download to complete on a slow internet connection ;)

At the end of the day you try going into a Vodafone shop today and buying a VFSU6 and asking them to unlock it, update it, give you a case and tell them you will only give them €120 for it - good luck with that! :D

They dont sell second hand phones in VF stores ;)

heya quick question i just bought the smart ultra 7 today and most of my contacts are missing , im sure i exported contacts onto the sim card from my last phone...Can anyone tell me how to get them back onto the ultra 7?

• Advertisement

heya quick question i just bought the smart ultra 7 today and most of my contacts are missing , im sure i exported contacts onto the sim card from my last phone...Can anyone tell me how to get them back onto the ultra 7?

should your contacts have not conveniently synced automatically to Google and then download from Google to your new phone?

I havent heard of anyone saving their contacts onto SIM card for years now, but if you have, go into phone settings and make sure you have 'view contacts from SIM card' enabled

should your contacts have not conveniently synced automatically to Google and then download from Google to your new phone?

I havent heard of anyone saving their contacts onto SIM card for years now, but if you have, go into phone settings and make sure you have 'view contacts from SIM card' enabled

Phew managed to get them back , thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

If you uninstall or disable call message + thats designed to be used with a Vodafone sim that helped me get my missed called notifications back again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Anyone else getting told there's an awful echo when you ring someone? Now it's the same person, so there's a small chance it's on their side. Will have to check it out with another phone and see....

crasy dash wrote: »
    If you uninstall or disable call message + thats designed to be used with a Vodafone sim that helped me get my missed called notifications back again

Thanks, that worked, I'm now getting missed call notifications again.

Hey Guys

Thanks,
    Jennifer

I just remembered the Smart Ultra 7 probably won't be unlocked by an Ebay unlock code, so if she's not a VF customer dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

I just remembered the Smart Ultra 7 probably won't be unlocked by an Ebay unlock code, so if she's not a VF customer dont get it.

Thanks, she is. I'm going to go old school and get it in a Vodafone shop :) - apparently it's free to get a blank nano sim (she has a regular sim at the mo) in a shop but not online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

#
    The Ultra Smart 7 is not a good enough improvement on the 6. Pretty much the same bar the change of processor manufacturer and the android version.

However, (any one any experience with it??), the Vodafone Ultra Platinum Pro LOOKS CLASS!!! What a spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Galway K9 wrote: »
    #
    The Ultra Smart 7 is not a good enough improvement on the 6. Pretty much the same bar the change of processor manufacturer and the android version.

However, (any one any experience with it??), the Vodafone Ultra Platinum Pro LOOKS CLASS!!! What a spec.

Presume this is the one?

http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_platinum_7-8154.php

Battery is my only concern given the screen on the above....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Trond wrote: »
    Presume this is the one?

http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_platinum_7-8154.php

Battery is my only concern given the screen on the above....

the very one...its looks unreal!
    3000mAh is pretty good.

Advertisement