Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

My ultra 6 gave up tonight, exactly one year since I bought it, had a screen replacement a month after I bought it and tonight the screen balls up again, same issue as last time aswell. The screen separated from the digitizer and you can see all white marks around the edge of the screen where it was once glued. You can see it with the screen off so it's a physical thing under the glass. Touch screen barely works so I factory resetted it in recovery and opened the wheely bin. Not worth fixing it unfortunately. Good phone while it lasted.
    This exact issue happened to my fathers Ultra 6! Dropped it into Vodafone and they sent it off. They replaced the handset for a new one within a week.

Were the phones dropped or did they just break after a while from wear & tear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Were the phones dropped or did they just break after a while from wear & tear?

I cradled mine and never dropped it once, always kept in a case. This weird screen digitizer separation issue happened twice on it's own accord. Dunno what really caused it.. The most educated guess I can make is that heat caused the glue to melt and separate both screen and digitizer from one another.
    I guess the screens are just cheap 1080p panels. I hope they use a better one in the Ultra 7.

Also to note and I know a lot of people experienced this other little issue also about the back end of the casing developing little cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

corsav6 wrote: »
    I can't play YouTube vids through the app and MX player now only works in sw mode, not really sure what's going on.
    I have done everything apart from a factory reset so I'll backup everything and give that a go.
    Have the phone 1 year this month and it's been pretty faultless tbh. It's been dropped on numerous occasions and seen its fair share of rain, but still looked brand new when I took the case and screen protector off.
    I'll see how much the su6 is making 2nd hand but I'll probably just factory reset and keep it as a spare.

Well a factory reset has solved everything, I forgot how responsive the phone actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I cradled mine and never dropped it once, always kept in a case. This weird screen digitizer separation issue happened twice on it's own accord. Dunno what really caused it.. The most educated guess I can make is that heat caused the glue to melt and separate both screen and digitizer from one another.
    I guess the screens are just cheap 1080p panels. I hope they use a better one in the Ultra 7.

Also to note and I know a lot of people experienced this other little issue also about the back end of the casing developing little cracks.

Had the same issue. Parts of the screen wouldn't respond to touches and there was a milky frame around the whole screen.

Brought it into the local vodafone a couple of weeks ago and they sent it off for repair. Got a call to say it was ready and when I picked it up they had replaced the phone for a new one.

Always had the phone in a case with a screen protector on and it wouldn't get much abuse anyway so a strange one that it would separate.

Will keep an eye on this one and see how it goes.

THE ALM wrote: »
    Had the same issue. Parts of the screen wouldn't respond to touches and there was a milky frame around the whole screen.

Brought it into the local vodafone a couple of weeks ago and they sent it off for repair. Got a call to say it was ready and when I picked it up they had replaced the phone for a new one.

Always had the phone in a case with a screen protector on and it wouldn't get much abuse anyway so a strange one that it would separate.

Will keep an eye on this one and see how it goes.

Crappy screens or the 615 with its known heating issues is melting the glue holding them together... I'd say its abit of both if you ask me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Quick question sent my phone for repair and received a replacement instead.

Got it straight from the shop no box charger etc just curious is there now a new guarantee with this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

When connecting to my home wifi the SU6, somehow, tends to block other people's internet access. Kids on their tablets moan that "the internet is gone" when I'm using the SU6 - when I disconnect from Wifi their internet access is OK again.

Happens pretty often (if not all the time).

Anyone seen this or similar ? There doesn't seem to be much to fiddle with under Wifi > Advanced Settings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

long_b wrote: »
    When connecting to my home wifi the SU6, somehow, tends to block other people's internet access. Kids on their tablets moan that "the internet is gone" when I'm using the SU6 - when I disconnect from Wifi their internet access is OK again.

Happens pretty often (if not all the time).

Anyone seen this or similar ? There doesn't seem to be much to fiddle with under Wifi > Advanced Settings

Would be an issue with your router rathen than the phone. If you Google the make/model of your router someone will probably have had the same problem before.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Quick question sent my phone for repair and received a replacement instead.

Got it straight from the shop no box charger etc just curious is there now a new guarantee with this phone?

Yes. You have your original receipt for the phone. Vodafone will have given you a repair docket or some form of receipt stating what was done with phone, it will be noted you were given a replacement.

Happy enough with mine but the crack down one corner of the phone is getting slightly worse over time. They appeared about a month after I bought it last year. I know lots of elpeople on here have the same problem. Has anyone put theirs in for repair to get the back replaced/replacement phone. I would be tempted but want to know am I wasting my time. I imagine since its cosmetic they will probably just say it must have been down to me dropping it and it wouldn't be covered.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Happy enough with mine but the crack down one corner of the phone is getting slightly worse over time. They appeared about a month after I bought it last year. I know lots of elpeople on here have the same problem. Has anyone put theirs in for repair to get the back replaced/replacement phone. I would be tempted but want to know am I wasting my time. I imagine since its cosmetic they will probably just say it must have been down to me dropping it and it wouldn't be covered.

I tried this already and Vodafone told me it looked like I dropped it and wouldn't take for repair. This was after I had got it back from an initial screen replacement. A few weeks after I got it back the cracks appeared.

I tried this already and Vodafone told me it looked like I dropped it and wouldn't take for repair. This was after I had got it back from an initial screen replacement. A few weeks after I got it back the cracks appeared.

Yeah I have the mainboard replaced in mine. Got it back and I actually had to snap the phone back together in one corner. Wasn't long after the cracks appeared but how do you prove it. Don't think I'll be going with a Vodafone phone again. While you couldn't argue with the specs for the price the build quality left a lot to be desired. The new platinum 7 has good specs but is almost as dear as a oneplus 3.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah I have the mainboard replaced in mine. Got it back and I actually had to snap the phone back together in one corner. Wasn't long after the cracks appeared but how do you prove it. Don't think I'll be going with a Vodafone phone again. While you couldn't argue with the specs for the price the build quality left a lot to be desired. The new platinum 7 has good specs but is almost as dear as a oneplus 3.

Build quality is Shiite on it. Only problem with it.

Platinum looks interesting but OnePlus 3 all the way in this price category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

Anyone got any idea why my smart prime won't let me answer calls??? Its works fine in every other aspect but if someone calls me its like the screen freezes and can't swipe or accept or refuse call. Once the person hangs up then I'm able to call them back! As I said, the phone works perfectly in all other areas except this- any techies got any idea why????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

BlueLass wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea why my smart prime won't let me answer calls??? Its works fine in every other aspect but if someone calls me its like the screen freezes and can't swipe or accept or refuse call. Once the person hangs up then I'm able to call them back! As I said, the phone works perfectly in all other areas except this- any techies got any idea why????

That was a feature in the new update. They called it the Mother In Law function.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Factory reset and you'll be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Zebbedee

I had this problem too. Simply powering down and up again sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone got an idea as to when the smart ultra 7 will be available here in Ireland or can it be bought online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

mjp wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea as to when the smart ultra 7 will be available here in Ireland or can it be bought online?

No mention of it on VF Irelands coming soon section or the UKs. The Smart Platinum 7 is out!

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-platinum-7-payg/sku90248

SU7 thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602851

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

mjp wrote: »

It's available now on the vodafone site.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-pay-as-you-go-black

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

7 has a micro and not a nano sim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bajer101 wrote: »

Mediatek processor (blah! :( ) - dearer than the SU6 was/is - and no mention of OIS stabilizer on the camera , no Dual LED.

I wonder if it can be easily/cheaply unlocked like the SU6 ?

7 is a lot faster doing anything than the su6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Nowso wrote: »
    7 is a lot faster doing anything than the su6

so is the SU6 when you first get it - then like all androids after a while and the more apps you add and the more photos you take and download music they can and do become sluggish i have found that with all my android phones in the past, even with reguarly cleaning out the cache and making sure I have enough storage left

so is the SU6 when you first get it - then like all androids after a while and the more apps you add and the more photos you take and download music they can and do become sluggish i have found that with all my android phones in the past, even with reguarly cleaning out the cache and making sure I have enough storage left

restored everything from su6 to su7, swapped over memory card . so a simular set up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

has anyone any good links or steps in how to transfer numbers/watsapp etc from a galaxy s3 to this phone?... bought it for my wife and she wants to use asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jobless wrote: »
    has anyone any good links or steps in how to transfer numbers/watsapp etc from a galaxy s3 to this phone?... bought it for my wife and she wants to use asap :)

Back up the contacts etc. to Google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Getting my ultra smart 7 today wohooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Hey Guys

Was planning on getting my sister the ultra smart 6 for her birthday but am just wondering if I'm better off spending the extra €20 on the ultra smart 7?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed the Ultra Smart 7 is only 180 too if you choose the "Move your number to Vodafone" option.

Advertisement