Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

I found them a bit easier than phase 1, how did you find them?

Thats good news.... mine is Monday, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

For phase 2 can anyone who has done it shed some light on the interview prep form we have to do what are the questions on it and how best to prepare beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MCDAN

It seemed ok apart from the computer room being feckin Baltic!!! The lassie prob thought I was a nervous wreck with me shivering with the cold ������

• Registered Users Posts: 6 git C 1984

Well has anyone heard back from stage two testing yet. I know testing is taking place this week too.

The reason I ask i know from stage 1 testing they let candidates know before stage 1 testing was finished.

Best of luck to all still to do stage 2 testing

• Advertisement

Did mine today, she said it would be next week before we get an email...fingers crossed!
    She also said there's training starting in April with 8 places, she said some of those places could be offered to last years applicants as results are kept for 2 years, 8 places doesn't seem like alot so I'm losing hope a little....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Did mine today, she said it would be next week before we get an email...fingers crossed!
    She also said there's training starting in April with 8 places, she said some of those places could be offered to last years applicants as results are kept for 2 years, 8 places doesn't seem like alot so I'm losing hope a little....

Can I ask about the pre interview form have my phase 2 tomorrow but struggling to prepare for interview sheet what is asked on it so I can prepare examples?

Sorry but none of us knew what would be asked so I couldn't give you an unfair advantage
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Are all the tests done on a computer? Fear that could be my downfall

The vse and sjt is done on the computer
    Scaat is pen and paper
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    Can I ask about the pre interview form have my phase 2 tomorrow but struggling to prepare for interview sheet what is asked on it so I can prepare examples?

It's not part of the assessment process so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will have no bearing on getting the job.

Just do your best on the day, there's plenty of time to write something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 git C 1984

Tks for info. Ye fingers crossed and everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

Hi Are any of ye still waiting on a reply from irish rail about the onboard customer service officer job that was recently advertised. I've passed all the stages and have my last questionnaire done 3 or 4 weeks now but still havnt heard if I'll get an interview or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Hi Are any of ye still waiting on a reply from irish rail about the onboard customer service officer job that was recently advertised. I've passed all the stages and have my last questionnaire done 3 or 4 weeks now but still havnt heard if I'll get an interview or not.

Where did you apply for ?

8 places seems a bit unlikely with all the money that would be involved in whittling down 5000 people only to select less than 10 people to go forward. If they had people from last recruitment drive then surely those numbers would have sufficed for 8 places. Info seems a bit fishy to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gerrykelly56

MCDAN wrote: »
    8 places seems a bit unlikely with all the money that would be involved in whittling down 5000 people only to select less than 10 people to go forward. If they had people from last recruitment drive then surely those numbers would have sufficed for 8 places. Info seems a bit fishy to me...
    It's 32 places for this year with 1 class of 8 to start in April and the other 3 classes to start later in the year

Thats what she said, class of 8 in April...

It's 32 places for this year with 1 class of 8 to start in April and the other 3 classes to start later in the year

Thanks for info, do you know how many are in the running for 32 places? Must be 200-250 at least?

Thats what she said, class of 8 in April...

But 32 overall from what I read above which I didn’t realise. Sounds far better. I don’t mind needing to wait as long as I am can be successful.

But 32 overall from what I read above which I didn’t realise. Sounds far better. I don’t mind needing to wait as long as I am can be successful.

Same here, be nice to start in April though
    Best of luck

• Advertisement

I dont know, there was 20 x phase 2 assessment times and there was 4 people in my class, I think there should have been 5 though because another name was on the sheet but no one in attendance, the girl also said they would be testing up to the 18th but the dates on the email only went up to the 12th Feb, correct me if I'm wrong

I dont know, there was 20 x phase 2 assessment times and there was 4 people in my class, I think there should have been 5 though because another name was on the sheet but no one in attendance, the girl also said they would be testing up to the 18th but the dates on the email only went up to the 12th Feb, correct me if I'm wrong
    Just checked, my email had 15th-18th on it and choice of 4 times so about 20 ppl a day...there was 5 in my group too, waiting is a killer

Yeah makes sense now then as to why she said testing to the 18th, so approx 180 people plus anyone involved from the previous testing, you would want to be top of your class to have any chance, id imagine they would imagine they would interview more than 32 people and not just take 32 from the testing we have done

Yeah makes sense now then as to why she said testing to the 18th, so approx 180 people plus anyone involved from the previous testing, you would want to be top of your class to have any chance, id imagine they would imagine they would interview more than 32 people and not just take 32 from the testing we have done
    Maybe fail ppl who didn't do great on the tests in phase 2, then look at the pre-interview answers we gave and go from there?
    She actually said the next stage would be a virtual interview based on the personality factors we did, then another interview face to face

Yeah they could have a cut off point or maybe they will do a virtual interview with everyone wouldn't be that hard to do with a few interviewers,you never know

Yeah they could have a cut off point or maybe they will do a virtual interview with everyone wouldn't be that hard to do with a few interviewers,you never know
    Good luck with it anyway

You too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

How are folk finding the phase 2 assessments?
    Had the assessment there today, thought it went well although I ran out time writing on the pre interview form which was frustrating as there’s no indication of how long you’ve got. Otherwise happy out hopefully we hear back soon. Anyone else find the 3rd section of the VSE really satisfying to complete. Great way to assess your concentration on multiple subjects!

Had the assessment there today, thought it went well although I ran out time writing on the pre interview form which was frustrating as there’s no indication of how long you’ve got. Otherwise happy out hopefully we hear back soon. Anyone else find the 3rd section of the VSE really satisfying to complete. Great way to assess your concentration on multiple subjects!
    Thats a shame you ran out of time, she told us 25 mins for those questions so I had a quick look at my watch but they should have a clock on the wall or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 C2019

We were told 30 minutes was hard to gauge without the clock

Advertisement