Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Arsenal11 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, where are you based ?

Its just i saw online a train host in cork retired before xmas and the job hasn't been advertised.

Wouldnt mind moving to cork.

Its all pull anyway so probably wouldn't even get it.!

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Maybe for social distancing, there was only one batch of 4 days in my email

Could be that, although I don't understand why they didn't just reissue the test dates in the same order they were sent before the rescheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

New dates may not suit some ppl who are still in other jobs maybe? Its such a long process isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Anyone received a date confirmation yet? Thought I would’ve heard back by the end of the week having emailed on Tuesday

Cut off to reply to them with preferred dates was today at 12pm so we should hear later or mon i reckon

• Advertisement

Anyone received a date confirmation yet? Thought I would’ve heard back by the end of the week having emailed on Tuesday

Some people did receive confirmation of dates, some haven't. I know a couple of people who got confirmation today.

The assessment dates have been broke into two blocks, one from February 8th to 11th and the second from February 15th to 18th. Hopefully that doesn't put the second group at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Quadrivium wrote: »
    Hopefully that doesn't put the second group at a disadvantage.

Why would that put the second group at a disadvantage?

Why would that put the second group at a disadvantage?

Well so far they have been processing applications as they come, first tested first offered the next stage, if the required number of applicants get to the interview then appointment stage it's possible there will be a cut off.

I've read something similar in this thread.

I’d imagine it’s split due provide social distancing in case level 5 continues into February which is quite likely. The split is most likely based on the dates previously chosen. If you chose an earlier date originally you are in the first batch and later into the second batch. I hate to speculate but that seems like the most logical explanation

Just got email confirming my date of test

• Advertisement

Swear they were listening, got mine there too, all the best lads

And ladies ;)
    Best of luck :)

I’d imagine it’s split due provide social distancing in case level 5 continues into February which is quite likely. The split is most likely based on the dates previously chosen. If you chose an earlier date originally you are in the first batch and later into the second batch. I hate to speculate but that seems like the most logical explanation

It could be due to covid alright but an explanation from them wouldn't go amiss, these competitions can become confusing with the lack of detail and unknown timelines past the current stage.
    I know it's not based on the order the last tests were done, it probably should have been done in that order.

Quadrivium wrote: »
    It could be due to covid alright but an explanation from them wouldn't go amiss, these competitions can become confusing with the lack of detail and unknown timelines past the current stage.
    I know it's not based on the order the last tests were done, it probably should have been done in that order.

I dont think it makes a difference, ppl in the 2nd group could have reactions like a viper and do better than the 1st batch of applicants, dont over think it. Im sure when it comes to these stages they give everyone a fair chance if they want the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daverafferty

Hi Does anyone on here know how long the training course is for On Board Customer Service Officers and starting salary?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

Hi Does anyone on here know how long the training course is for On Board Customer Service Officers and starting salary?

Thanks in advance

Pretty sure its 3 weeks. Not too sure on salary, think it's around the 32k/34k mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Thanks in advance

3 and a half week course

Hotel paid for during training

All meals included

Only thing you've to pay for during the training is for the luas....

Starting salary is 32K for someone out side of the company

If your already in the company its 32,800 (Go straight to second year pay scale)

Where are you after getting a cso job ?

Heard training is lovely,
    And the job itself in most locations is fantastic aswell, very shorts..!

Do you think tests in inchicore will go ahead in a couple of weeks now level 5 extended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Do you think tests in inchicore will go ahead in a couple of weeks now level 5 extended?

Anyone had word on this? I may be doing something different with them. It's been put back once already due to lockdown so I am curious if it will be put back again.

If you guys have your tests put back, I may be in the same boat.

Haven't heard anything yet, test is on 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 daverafferty

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Anyone had word on this? I may be doing something different with them. It's been put back once already due to lockdown so I am curious if it will be put back again.

If you guys have your tests put back, I may be in the same boat.

How do you mean you may be doing something different ?????

How do you mean you may be doing something different ?????

Revenue Protection. Start on the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Revenue Protection. Start on the 8th.

Does this mean that you are starting the job on the 8th or starting the next phase of tests?

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Does this mean that you are starting the job on the 8th or starting the next phase of tests?

I am starting the job (well the training for it anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

I am starting the job (well the training for it anyway).

Congratulations - and thanks for all the contributions to this thread, hope it goes well for you.

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Congratulations - and thanks for all the contributions to this thread, hope it goes well for you.

Cheers! I am looking forward to starting.

Best of luck to all of you going for the phase 2 train driver assessments.

Keep going no matter how melted your head gets!

Driver Recruitment Tests are going ahead as planned, just got an email there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Hi lads,

One for the irish rail staff....

Just wondering if ye know if anyone working in Kent cork got a driving job and is waiting for training to start?

Heard there is host jobs coming up and trying to see how many jobs will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MCDAN

How are folk finding the phase 2 assessments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Gerrykelly56

MCDAN wrote: »
    How are folk finding the phase 2 assessments?
    I found them a bit easier than phase 1, how did you find them?

Advertisement