Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Jobs Discussion

Options
1167168169170171173»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheShepard

Yes, it's grand. Lads down there are sound, you won't have to put your hand in your pocket for food/accom. You'll have arguably more time on simulators down there as it's only one class at a time. What depot are you for?

I'd suggest making use of the pool and gym in the hotel as there isn't too much to do in the town other than the cinema and a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Designator

I was more wondering about what to expect on the course and how the days are structure etc to be honest haha I know enough about mallow town in living there my whole life only 2 minute drive from the training centre 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Depending on where they feed you, it might be a better option to start cycling to keep the weight down. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheShepard

In that case, since you're not being put up you won't be overfed, they gave us sandwiches instead of bringing us down to the hotel for food so we'd shorten the day.

It'll rules and general knowledge of the railway, incorporating sims and that. Then after a few weeks back to the depot to do in cab experience, just watching other drivers. One assessment every week, which they'll go over your results not so much to see how well your doing but rather to help where you don't know certain things. They're simply wanting you to understand but I wouldn't worry about them at all. Towards the end you'll be doing the training train moving it in sidings and then driving it on the track, might have to be in Dublin for a few weeks if they can't facilitate an empty train for ye in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 job4all

Hi i too got an email today for the assessment on 31st may. What about you ? Is it finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 job4all

Hi i too got an email today for the assessment on 31st may. What about you ? Is it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 abqs

Is there another round of psychometric testing soon?

Advertisement