Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

Kmcstar21 wrote: »
    I have the tests on the 18th, do I need to bring anything except for identification?
    Proof of address, if you have your driving licence that will be fine, people who had passports for ID were asked to email proof of address later that day

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kmcstar21

Cheers mate, thought I read you had to bring a pencil and paper?

Cheers mate, thought I read you had to bring a pencil and paper?

Everything is provided, you dont need to bring anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13 071Class

Phase 1 test results for the driver jobs are out already. That was fast.

Just got the email too! Didn't expect to hear back till the new year

• Advertisement

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Just got the email too! Didn't expect to hear back till the new year

They said last week that it would be January before we heard anything about Phase 1 results, so was also surprised to get the email.

They must be marking them by each test or day as last Phase 1 test is on 21st Dec.

Anyway, I'm happy out as was very uncertain how I did, especially on first test, in Phase 1.

Same here, wasn't too confident on the 1st test, happy days... the waiting was killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 git C 1984

Ye happy out aswell got email for phase 2.

Good luck for the next round everyone

Hi folks. Congrats to the people who are getting through the inchicore stages. Just a quick question as I am new to this kind of process in a job. I passed all the online stages for the train driving job. I see alot of people on this have been brought to the next stage in inchicore and I am just wondering if you have not heard from Irish rail about doing the assessment centre tests at this stage are you out of the selection process or is it just done group by group picking the best before taking in another group. Sorry if its a stupid question as I say iv never done this kind of job selection process before as Iv spent my working life in the building trade so far 😂😂

• Advertisement

Sorry but I've no idea, this is all new to me too, hopefully you hear back soon

Hi folks. Congrats to the people who are getting through the inchicore stages. Just a quick question as I am new to this kind of process in a job. I passed all the online stages for the train driving job. I see alot of people on this have been brought to the next stage in inchicore and I am just wondering if you have not heard from Irish rail about doing the assessment centre tests at this stage are you out of the selection process or is it just done group by group picking the best before taking in another group. Sorry if its a stupid question as I say iv never done this kind of job selection process before as Iv spent my working life in the building trade so far 😂😂

I think that any applicants that listed Dublin based depots as their preferred location are being processed first as that's where the biggest need is for drivers. Other locations are being processed further as the need for drivers arises in those locations.

Did you get an email stating that you were successful at the online tests? Also, where did you list as your preferred depots?

Might be no harm giving HR a call or send an email to them in any case. Hope that helps.

071Class wrote: »
    I think that any applicants that listed Dublin based depots as their preferred location are being processed first as that's where the biggest need is for drivers. Other locations are being processed further as the need for drivers arises in those locations.

Did you get an email stating that you were successful at the online tests? Also, where did you list as your preferred depots?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I got an email confirming I had met the criteria and my application would be sent to Irish rail. I'm based in athlone so maybe that's the reason for this.
    Thanks again for the reply lads appreciate your time

071Class wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I got an email confirming I had met the criteria and my application would be sent to Irish rail. I'm based in athlone so maybe that's the reason for this.
    Thanks again for the reply lads appreciate your time

No worries, mate.

Prob best to give HR a call or email them to confirm where your application is at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Have you passed them before? Any tips?

The first test in phase 2 is computer based.
    The last part of that is made to break you.
    It is impossible to do what is asked. Focus and try your best.
    When you feel like your head is going to explode, take a pause. Miss a question. Then go again..
    I did it and passed.
    Part 2 give the symbols names and keep repeating them in your head during the test.

The practice tests are VERY basic compared to the ones you will do on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Have received my email to participate it phase 2 of the assessment in Inchicore, does anyone know what the ID LD SJT verification is? Any insight into the next phase is really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vicfc

Does everyone get invited back to sit phase 2? I got the email yesterday and I am wondering if it is a sign that phase 1 went well or is it something everyone gets a chance at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

No email here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Avia8e

Hi probably been asked but if I was sucessful with the Irish rail application,

How long is training

What's the Pass/fail rate in training

Do we get paid during training and if so how much .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

Hi All,

I completed phase 1 yesterday and praying I hear back about phase 2 ����
    I found the first part hard enough but feel confident in the second and third.

Does anybody know how many people get threw the phases each time?

Thanks
    Debbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Also completed phase 1 on the 21st, gonna be a looong wait until next year:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

Avia8e wrote: »
    Hi probably been asked but if I was sucessful with the Irish rail application,

How long is training

What's the Pass/fail rate in training

Do we get paid during training and if so how much .

Training in school to learn the rules - 4-5 months - don't plan holidays, none allowed during training.

Training in depot with mentor driver depends on Dart or Diesel (min 150hrs for Dart, min 250hrs for Diesel) you could expect to drive about 20hrs per week, so 2 months for Dart, 4 months for Diesel. (rough guide)

95% pass rate, assuming you're interested and apply yourself

~€870 gross per week while training (school) goes up a bit during mentoring, then a bit more when qualified. you then enter year 1 of a 10 yr scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fergiec

Anyone outside Dublin get moved on to the next stage?

I applied for Cork, passed the original assessments online in November or whenever the were, got the email that Iarnrod eireann will be in touch for assessment centres when positions become available in the chosen area.

Have not heard anything since, sent two emails to HR since the tests and never got a reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

With the new restrictions coming in for the next month, will the phase 2 assessments in Inchicore still go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

With the new restrictions coming in for the next month, will the phase 2 assessments in Inchicore still go ahead?

I think they were put off during the previous lockdown.

Posts from March etc may give you an idea.

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me if they’ve heard back about phase 2 in Inchicore? They emailed asking me to pick my preferred slot, this was just before Xmas, I chose the 15th of January, and have heard nothing back. I understand the second phase may well be postponed due to level 5 restrictions, but would have thought I would have heard something by now. If anybody has heard anything, could you let me know please? Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

I heard back on 22nd December that I got mon 11th Jan, you should get in touch with them just to be sure

I heard back, mine is this fri 8th, assuming they're going ahead unless they cancel this week

Thanks guys, the actual cut off point for getting back to them is tomorrow, so that’s probably why I haven’t heard back yet. Just reread the email there. So they are still going ahead even under current restrictions? I thought they would have been put on hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Thanks guys, the actual cut off point for getting back to them is tomorrow, so that’s probably why I haven’t heard back yet. Just reread the email there. So they are still going ahead even under current restrictions? I thought they would have been put on hold.

I have emailed them this morning to confirm if its going ahead or not will update when I get a reply

Advertisement