Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As for satisfactory - feck yeah!!! Thought it only came in to experimental branch today. I think I'll wait until it's merged in to normal and then start from zero. Can't wait. Really looking forward to it! Kind of want and don't want to go to Reddit. Would like to discover stuff myself, but at the same time I am very curious. :)

I have been waiting a while for the update, didnt play much at all after Update 2 so still have the trains n fission to mess round with too. So far the tweaked stuff Ive seen feels nice, the way research works now feels a lot better than the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Assassins Creed Syndicate. Its set in the Victorian era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

fired up Divinity Original Sin 2 again. never even got to Arx the first time round. playing solo lonewolf on tactician with fane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Finished control, completed the 3 tiers of expedition but i want MORE! So enjoyable. Go play it if you haven't yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

froog wrote: »
    fired up Divinity Original Sin 2 again. never even got to Arx the first time round. playing solo lonewolf on tactician with fane.

You're missing out if you don't bring some of the companions along. The stories are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Currently I'm playing Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak (kindly gifted by sticker)

I've played the other homeworld games to death so nice to have something new by the same guys. 3D aspect of it is gone but still has that homeworld feel
    (Wonder how different it would have been if they hadn't gotten the homeworld licence)

Assassins Creed Syndicate. Its set in the Victorian era.

I've been wanting to play this for a while and just found out it's free on the epic store from the 21st.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Playing Yu-Gi-Oh a good bit for nostalgia :)

Playing forza horizon 4 & vampyr thanks to game pass and I started my friend Pedro yesterday, its a decent little game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Kiith wrote: »
    You're missing out if you don't bring some of the companions along. The stories are fantastic.

True, i find managing inventories, skills and gear a bit tedious for a full party though

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

Assetto Corsa Competitione
    Elite Dangerous
    iRacing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Kimbot wrote: »
    Playing Yu-Gi-Oh a good bit for nostalgia :)

Playing forza horizon 4 & vampyr thanks to game pass and I started my friend Pedro yesterday, its a decent little game :)

Which Yu-Gi-Oh?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Which Yu-Gi-Oh?

Duel links on steam :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Duel links on steam :)

Didn't know that existed. Ta.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Didn't know that existed. Ta.

Tis free aswell which is nice :)

Tis free aswell which is nice :)

Is it riddled with microtransactions?

H. H. Asquith

Is it riddled with microtransactions?

Not really, you can buy packs with gems that you earn from playing or buying so its grand for dipping in and out of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Pokemon League Masters, Worms Armageddon, Clash Royal and Forza with my nephews. Never Alone and Red Dead by myself.

X Plane 11
    Elite Dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've been playing Factorio again, it just gets under my skin sometimes. I'm still trying to launch a rocket but I think I'm on track at the moment, just need to sort out supplying ore with trains.

I discovered the Factorio subreddit recently. I've put about 100hrs into the game which is a fair amount, but the stuff you see on the subreddit, it's like they are playing a different game to me. I have no idea what I'm looking at most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have just finished Star Wars - Fallen Order. It was a lot of fun, not TOO difficult. Some of the puzzles required a 'Google' as they were near impossible to figure out without some tips. Occasionaly, when doing a slide-and-jump, it was very difficult to control Cal! But you restarted without losing anything, so all good!

Could do with some suggestions for next game to play. Last 3 games I finished were this, Assassins Creed Odyssey and Rise of the Tomb Raider. So I'm liking the Single Player adventure style...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I've been playing Factorio again, it just gets under my skin sometimes. I'm still trying to launch a rocket but I think I'm on track at the moment, just need to sort out supplying ore with trains.

I discovered the Factorio subreddit recently. I've put about 100hrs into the game which is a fair amount, but the stuff you see on the subreddit, it's like they are playing a different game to me. I have no idea what I'm looking at most of the time.

A tip for you:

Don't look it up how to make it efficient or good. Discover it yourself, fail, scrap it, do it again better, then scrap it again, do it better etc.
    If I could wile Factorio from my memory now, I would! First 150h of it my favorite, as I experimented myself and did not looked it up.

Satisfactory is amazing too m8. You would think it's just 3D Factorio, but it is not. Its same formula with completely different issues.

Pretty sure these two games are my most favorite games in the last 5 years!

• Advertisement

I would love to play factorio but from what I know about it, I'd get addicted. Was considering opus magnum as an option instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing a lot of Wolcen since release.
    Best combat and graphics on any ARPG, very decent and unique endgame but some small bugs still ongoing that they are working on but overall its like a new gen ARPG, loving the grind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Completed Resident Evil 7 over the weekend.

Definitely the best RE game (not counting the RE2 Remake) I've played since RE 4 10+ years ago on the PS2. I love it when a horror game makes me jump, and this did it quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would love to play factorio but from what I know about it, I'd get addicted. Was considering opus magnum as an option instead.

It's just too full on IMO. It's constantly all hands to the pump and you get into such a rhythm that you start tapping out the beat of your steel furnaces and whatnot when you're not playing the game.

The beauty of Opus Magnum is that it wraps the game mechanics in a charming little story, so it breaks the action up a bit and stops you descending into madness.

I'm on chapter two now and it's just starting to get a bit trickier.

Another relaxing puzzle game in somewhat similar vein, although it's more physics based and less an algorithm-puzzle, is Polybridge. You build bridges across water, and you're measured by whether the vehicle gets across, the strain level on the bridge and cost of materials.

It's also got a gorgeous acoustic guitar soundtrack which I still find myself humming occasionally a good year since I last played it in earnest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

A Plague Tale, what a great game. First twenty minutes i was tempted to stop playing but im glad i stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Glebee wrote: »
    A Plague Tale, what a great game. First twenty minutes i was tempted to stop playing but im glad i stuck with it.

Im tempted to try it sense its on the xbox game pass and I still have 2 months of the 1 euro for 3 months trial. Don't normally play story driven games as much these days. Mainly competitive / sandbox FPS or mmo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A Plague Tale here too. I have to give it up though at chapter 9 though. My love of the subject matter and the time period sadly does not override my dislike for the stealth genre. I wanted to like this one.

Nothing is grabbing me of late. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Every minute I can get on iRacing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Back playing Anno 1800, played about 10 hours of the campaign and got a little bored few months back, fired it back up to play sandbox and having a blast.
    such a relaxing and rewarding game.
    Sunk well over 200 hours into Anno 2070 and this feels more of the same, never played the series before that so can't comment on how much it evolved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Looked at the trailer for Anno 1800. Looks very impressive. I like city builder games like cities skylines, I am going to add this to my wish list.

Advertisement