Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Back playing Monster Hunter World now Iceborne is out on PC.
    One of the best games ever made just got even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

I recently returned to VVVVVV. Making a new level and just generally replaying it since its 10th anniversary last week. It's gone open source now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Infernum wrote: »
    It's gone open source now also.
    :eek: That's rare these days. Great to see, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Downloaded Sunset Overdrive on a whim when I saw it was included in the Xbox game pass.

It's a little ridiculous kind of like Saint's Row is, but it's lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

z0oT wrote: »
    Downloaded Sunset Overdrive on a whim when I saw it was included in the Xbox game pass.

I loved that game. Didn't realize it was on PC with Game Pass so might jump back on for another bash at it. It's just mad over the top fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

z0oT wrote: »

Once you learn forward dash the game really comes together. You will be dashing bouncing and moving around the map at ease.

It's game is a little short though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Red Dead redemption 2 is now available on steam. Does it play well with mouse and keyboard or does it really need an xbox controller?

I do have one (well several) but I think i need to plug it in with a usb cable rather than use it wirelessly.

Xbox never really got much use because bought a PS4 the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fian wrote: »
    Red Dead redemption 2 is now available on steam. Does it play well with mouse and keyboard or does it really need an xbox controller?

I do have one (well several) but I think i need to plug it in with a usb cable rather than use it wirelessly.

Xbox never really got much use because bought a PS4 the following year.

Playing it at the moment. Its epic. I dont know how anyone plays these games with controllers. Mouse and Keyboard plays great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Finally finished Skyrim!

94 hours all in. Rushed the last 20 I'd say. Reached Alduin at lvl 30 and couldn't hack it so went questing and dungeon diving until lvl 43 with much better gear.

Such content will probably not be in a game again! Have fun but glad to see the back of her! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Finally finished Skyrim!

94 hours all in. Rushed the last 20 I'd say. Reached Alduin at lvl 30 and couldn't hack it so went questing and dungeon diving until lvl 43 with much better gear.

Such content will probably not be in a game again! Have fun but glad to see the back of her! :P

I never finished that game. Save glitched on me. I played it on release back on the Xbox 360. I was finished up on the mountain with monks or what ever they were and got to some small settlement with some guy sitting on a throne and around that area it glitched and had the only other save I had was a really old one and couldn't be bothered to replay it all over again.

• Advertisement

Still hooked on Monster Hunter World on PC, about 50 hours so far on this expansion alone.
    With tonnes of existing content and more coming free at a constant rate plus mods for PC version really getting going im in gaming bliss at the moment, what a game seriously what a game, pure genius gameplay from Capcom.

I never finished that game. Save glitched on me. I played it on release back on the Xbox 360. I was finished up on the mountain with monks or what ever they were and got to some small settlement with some guy sitting on a throne and around that area it glitched and had the only other save I had was a really old one and couldn't be bothered to replay it all over again.
    I've had it CTD before that was unrecoverable thanks to too many unclean mods.

I'd say between this version and oldrim i have 200 hours combined. Always started it, got to a point, then abandoned it. But said, NOT AGAIN! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I put less than 30 hours into Skyrim and just left it. It felt dated and janky to me and thought it was just me, until I read people with similar complaints on here.

I was sorta enjoying it, but ended up in some underground settlement on a mountain somewhere and a dragon kept wrecking me when I left. Just got fed up and never went back.

250 hours in tarkov so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

And still can't escape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

you are fecked so, the EFT bug has got you :)

on my 4th wipe, reckon I have close to 2k hours escaping over all wipes and still hopelessly addicted

squawker wrote: »
    you are fecked so, the EFT bug has got you :)

on my 4th wipe, reckon I have close to 2k hours escaping over all wipes and still hopelessly addicted

On my first wipe. On level 38 so close to finishing out the missions I think. It's an amazing game.

KilOit wrote: »
    And still can't escape?

I'm firmly stuck in Tarkov

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Warframe. So much Warframe. I built my Railjack and have been working hard at levelling that up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've tried a few times to get into it, and just never grabs me like i'd hoped.

• Advertisement

Loved warframe until i realized 100s of hours in it has no real point to all the farming, no real super tough enemies,bosses nothing, just you and your fashion really,,, only downside to the game for me personally.

MHW on the other hand has a reason for all the grinding and farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Control, most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in years, must be half way through it now, taking my time taking it all in and reading every bit of info I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still playing Crossout. Still great crack and having that one year sub is great, don't feel grind at all. And don't feel pressured to do dailies.
    Next one is Rimworld. Really starting to get in to. Did a major boo boo on my first colony. Sent out my cook ( wife of other colonist ) and my research guy on a quest to help some prisoner. It went bad... One guard, but two auto turrets. I had no clue what am I doing and first time doing it... All died and lost two trained Huskies. :( After that whole colony went to ****. Husband of that dead colonist got mad and got in to massive fight. Got beaten up very badly and died from infections just stacking up. The others that were left were not able to go on.
    And I love this game!!! Started new colony right after.
    Oh yeah.... Still suck at Tarkov...

Edit: just food for thought lads. Would it be worth making Tarkov thread? Looks like good few of us playing it, and it could good for losers like me to learn a thing or two from veterans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Returned to Dayz for the first time sense 2015 and enjoying myself. Playing on both vanilla and modded servers.
    Also playing The Outer Worlds with the xbox pass but its a slow playthrough. I really enjoy the game but I heard once you finish the story its game over pretty much. You can't roam around finishing off those side quests.

Have played nothing for the past two weeks at least. Had gotten stuck into Red Dead 2 and was loving it and just have not bothered with any gaming..

Glebee wrote: »
    Have played nothing for the past two weeks at least. Had gotten stuck into Red Dead 2 and was loving it and just have not bothered with any gaming..
    In a bit of a slouch myself after completing Skyrim and losing a lvl 80 character in Diablo 2.

Stoneshard out tomorrow though so might peak my interest if it's not a buggy mess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm about 8 hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Enjoying it. It makes my i7 4970 and GTX 1060 struggle, but its gorgeous. More of the same with some tweaks from Origins and a decent story and world, which is huge.

Before that I played The Last Day of June. Good game. At first I thought it was a walking simulator, but it turned out interesting and had a good ending. The music was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played a bit of State of Decay 2, its...ok...I guess. Dunno, just feels like there is something missing; maybe it plays better with some co-op friends.

Big update arrived for Satisfactory today so gonna drop back into that over the next few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Played a bit of State of Decay 2, its...ok...I guess. Dunno, just feels like there is something missing; maybe it plays better with some co-op friends.

Big update arrived for Satisfactory today so gonna drop back into that over the next few nights.

I love State of Decoy 2. Never played online though. It's a lot more fun on higher difficulty. Normal difficulty is a bit too easy.

As for satisfactory - feck yeah!!! Thought it only came in to experimental branch today. I think I'll wait until it's merged in to normal and then start from zero. Can't wait. Really looking forward to it! Kind of want and don't want to go to Reddit. Would like to discover stuff myself, but at the same time I am very curious. :)

• Advertisement

Still playing some red dead 2, i think im burnt out of it at the moment. Its dragging a bit.

Advertisement