Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CatMalojinBlog

No way Stannis is dead. I refuse to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

lbj666 wrote: »
    Then at winterfell.
    Hundreds of horses died in the fires in the overnight attack by Ramseys 20 men. So stannis' cavalry was more or less halfed overnight
    Then the rest fled a few nigths later so Stannis was left with foot soldiers that just like the wildings didn't have a prayer coming up against a cavalry.

The numbers do add up more or less.

Even if he'd lost all his horses and half his men, he still looked massively outnumbered by the huge army Roose suddenly mustered out of nowhere. Does he have a horse factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Only 42 weeks to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Just so disappointed with this entire season. Even more disappointed with Jon's death. He was my fave :( Dorne was a waste of funds for the programme. They should have just left all that ****e out. With Arya I am REALLY disappointed with her story, it just all seems very pointless to me and she would also be one of my fave characters! I feel deflated after watching that series. I was so looking forward to it for the last year and it was just a bit crap. There was only really 2 good eps for me and the rest was quite slow and uneventful. Compared to the previous seasons I thought it was really poor.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

MOH wrote: »
    Even if he'd lost all his horses and half his men, he still looked massively outnumbered by the huge army Roose suddenly mustered out of nowhere. Does he have a horse factory?

Its what i asked too, did the sell swords that mutinied team up with the boltons, it was something you couldn't see properly on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I can't see them missing the opportunity to show a perfectly good beheading. They've never shied away from it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

I thought that episode was amazing, so much happened and so many questions.
    Have the Baratheons now been wiped out completely? Apart from Robert's bastard Ghendri.
    Is Arya now blind? Was this her punishment from the many faced god for poking out Meryn Trant's eyes?
    Did Theon & Sansa jump into snow? Did the Lord of Light not melt it? Looks like Ramsay will be going on a hunt in season 6.
    Please god let the red woman revive John Snow, he may even become a white walker.
    Cersei's scene was ace, Frankenmountain.
    Looks like the Dothraki were rallying around their queen, can she add these to her army and clean up Meereen?
    S*it has to go down now between the Lannisters and the Martells, Trystane could be held hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

'**** all is happening in it though. The little one killed a nobody, stanis got ****ed which was predictable, the boring bitch with the dragon's is still a boring bitch with dragons. I mean how can anyone with 3 dragons be that boring? Another stark gets killed. The Lanister daughter (another nobody) gets killed. 7 million horses get added to the story, the long drawn out travels of Jorah and the long haired dude get added, arya going blind gets added, Sansa jumping off a wall with reek gets added, the red woman questioning her faith gets added and that's all before they go back to the crippled stark boy in the woods. Nah, have enough. Draging the are out of it now, it's Lost all over again.'

*This is my friends review of the series finale over Facebook which I genuinely find fairly funny and accurate in a lot of cases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Have the Baratheons now been wiped out completely? Apart from Robert's bastard Ghendri.
    Is Arya now blind? Was this her punishment from the many faced god for poking out Meryn Trant's eyes?
    Did Theon & Sansa jump into snow? Did the Lord of Light not melt it? Looks like Ramsay will be going on a hunt in season 6.
    Please god let the red woman revive John Snow, he may even become a white walker.
    Cersei's scene was ace, Frankenmountain.
    Looks like the Dothraki were rallying around their queen, can she add these to her army and clean up Meereen?
    S*it has to go down now between the Lannisters and the Martells, Trystane could be held hostage.

Not all the Dothraki were loyal to Kaal and Danerys. Remember she was left with very very few Dothraki once she got to gates of Quarth. Kaal was the main guy but he died and many of his tribe fled by the time he did.
    She's kind of captured for the moment but since she can speak the lingo she'd not in absolute dire straights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

lbj666 wrote: »
    Its what i asked too, did the sell swords that mutinied team up with the boltons, it was something you couldn't see properly on the show.
    I thought I heard one of Stannis' men shout out 'it's the sell swords' in the background when the cavelry was surrounding them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They went to sell swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Well as far as most of the people of Westeros know, Tommen is a Baratheon too.
    I'm not completely sure, but I think Jaqen H'gar said something along the lines of that the faces are poisonous to anyone with an identity. He let Arya use one too early, she was still Arya so it poisoned her and turned her blind.
    Its been ages since I've watched season 1, but I don't think the Dothraki were too fond of her when she last met them. They followed Drogo, not her. No guarantee that she's safe with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

If I wanted to pick up from here with the books, where would I start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

phobia2011 wrote: »

There's a sticky thread for people to ask book-readers questions - you might get a better answer there. There aren't any book-readers in this thread, or, at least there shouldn't be anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think he's dead. He's lost everything; he has no purpose in the show.

OTOH, I refuse to accept Sansa and Theon are dead! I bet they'll tell us they used to do a jump-off-the-wall into the snow game when they were kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

How is it that tyrion is supporting Dany. I know he hates cersei but he seemed to genuinely have affection for his brother and nieces and nephews all who would be killed in the ensuing war. Just seems out of character for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He could still be alive ,and I'm hoping he is ,but the odds are kind of against it.
    What does he have left to live for.

He burnt his daughter to death.
    His wife killed herself.
    His army is wiped out .
    The Lord of Light failed him.
    His fleet of ships is stranded ,although it surely must have some of his troops manning it.

If he lives on he'd be a lame duck ,would he not ?

OTOH, I refuse to accept Sansa and Theon are dead! I bet they'll tell us they used to do a jump-off-the-wall into the snow game when they were kids.

Theon and Louise?
    His fleet of ships is stranded ,although it surely must have some of his troops manning it.

That's a point. What the heck did he need the fleet of ships for? He was pretty insistent Jon Snow bring them back. But both Castle Black and Winterfell look like they're in the middle of the continent (based on a quick google for a pretty awesome map), so they'd be sod all use to him.

Unless he wanted them for an eventual assault on King's Landing, although a) that's looking a bit ahead, and b) that didn't work out for him so well the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That's a point. What the heck did he need the fleet of ships for? He was pretty insistent Jon Snow bring them back. But both Castle Black and Winterfell look like they're in the middle of the continent (based on a quick google for a pretty awesome map), so they'd be sod all use to him.

Unless he wanted them for an eventual assault on King's Landing, although a) that's looking a bit ahead, and b) that didn't work out for him so well the last time

I dont understand why he didnt just sail south to warmer climes once Winter was coming .

He could have sailed back to Dragonstone in a week and waited for Jon Snow to try to get the Wildlings to help his cause and get some more allies in the North .

Kings landing would probably be an easier target than Winterfell at the moment ,no Tywin Lannister to save it this time and the Tyrells might not come to aid.

• Advertisement

How is it that tyrion is supporting Dany. I know he hates cersei but he seemed to genuinely have affection for his brother and nieces and nephews all who would be killed in the ensuing war. Just seems out of character for him.

I think Tyrion knew that killing his father was the last act for him as a Lannister proper. Jamie told Bronn he'd kill Tyrion if he ever saw him. I'm sure Tyrion still loves Jamie but I'm sure he knows where he stands with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ten episodes a season isn't enough with all the different storylines going on. This season felt very rushed and some of the threads weren't fleshed out at all. Expected more to happen with Sansa/Ramsey and the whole Dorne thing was a complete waste of time. The Sand Snakes are about as fearsome as a bunch of cute puppies. Such a load of anti-climaxes all around.

Last night's episode has ruined the Hardholm one for me. Cannot believe they got rid of Jon Snow. If they're going to kill off all the good guys then what is the point of watching if there's no-one left to root for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

phobia2011 wrote: »

You can't. The series has now caught up with the books. Book readers are pretty much in the dark about what comes next as well. They've had a few years to come up with theories, that's about it.
    Apparently GRRM said the next book will be out before season 6 but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ten episodes a season isn't enough with all the different storylines going on. This season felt very rushed and some of the threads weren't fleshed out at all. Expected more to happen with Sansa/Ramsey and the whole Dorne thing was a complete waste of time. The Sand Snakes are about as fearsome as a bunch of cute puppies. Such a load of anti-climaxes all around.

Last night's episode has ruined the Hardholm one for me. Cannot believe they got rid of Jon Snow. If they're going to kill off all the good guys then what is the point of watching if there's no-one left to root for?

Given that we've now caught up with the books, I'm bemused they didn't just split the last book over two seasons. Would have given them more time to build, avoided needing as many daft coincidences, the filler wouldn't have been as grating, and the next book would be, if still not released, at least a year closer to completion.

Given that we've now caught up with the books, I'm bemused they didn't just split the last book over two seasons. Would have given them more time to build, avoided needing as many daft coincidences, the filler wouldn't have been as grating, and the next book would be, if still not released, at least a year closer to completion.

Or just cut the Dorne arc to a simple "oh no, they've poisoned Marcella" with more to come in the next season with some actual substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CONSI

so will we now be at the whim of script writers who can do whatever they want with the series since they have already moved away from the books in parts...or will GRR Martin still have a say, surely the books and series have to tie in but I dont think the books can keep pace..if they do they will feel rushed...or become major fillers to keep both series going...why did HBO start making a TV series where they would catch up with the source material...surely plenty of book series they could ahve gone with..

CONSI wrote: »
    so will we now be at the whim of script writers who can do whatever they want with the series since they have already moved away from the books in parts...or will GRR Martin still have a say, surely the books and series have to tie in but I dont think the books can keep pace..if they do they will feel rushed...or become major fillers to keep both series going...why did HBO start making a TV series where they would catch up with the source material...surely plenty of book series they could ahve gone with..

GRR Martin will still have an input. Shireen has not died in the books afaik.
    The writers did consult GRR though and he confirmed that if Stannis was in that situation he probably would have gone ahead and burnt Shireen. So I'm sure the writers will consult GRR and other major plots too. They've already stated many times that George has told them his plans so far for an ending to the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

CONSI wrote: »
    so will we now be at the whim of script writers who can do whatever they want with the series since they have already moved away from the books in parts...or will GRR Martin still have a say.

It has been confirmed that the series and books will head for the same ending, but there are going to be changes along the way. There already have been, according to my book-reading friends. I can only hope they collaborate closely enough that they get the tone of the story right even if the details are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For Series 6 can we just got an Army led by Jamie into Dorne in the first episode and wipe them all out, just to kill off the Dorne story from the TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Old Perry wrote: »
    Olly needs to be drop kicked off the wall s06ep01 minute 01.

This sums up my feelings on Olly:
    And while we’re on the topic of the stupid fcuks of the Night’s Watch, can we talk about this little bitch Olly for a second?

Has anyone ever been a bigger pussy about their family getting murdered than this little fcuker? Hey Olly, look around bro. EVERYONE’S family is getting murdered. There’s literally not one person who hasnt had their family slaughtered. You’re a member of the Night’s Watch. You live at the Wall. You live in the realm of the 7 kingdoms. Everyone’s parents get murdered like every single day. Why dont you shut the fcuk up and realize that you’re just like a 12 year old idiot and Jon Snow is actually busy trying to save the entire goddam world? fcuking hate this little prick. Hate him almost as much as I used to hate Cersei

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/game-of-thrones-season-5-finale-mothers-mercy-rewind/

Advertisement