Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

DeVore wrote: »
    Still a better love story than Twilight...
    I hope you're assuming and don't actually know this for a fact... ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I hope you're assuming and don't actually know this for a fact... ;)
    Its quite a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

The writing on a bathroom wall is a better love story than Twilight...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Man if the theory about John Snow mother and father is true, how bad it would be and I'm talking if he is resurrected, to end up with Daenerys, I know that Lannisters would approve...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I just had a vision

Brienne and Tyrion

Some of my favorite series have amazing awesome first 3 seasons followed by as many unbelieveably naff final seasons.
    I hope George's fans dont' irritate him too much or he might choose the nuclear option :pac:

• Advertisement

I just had a vision

Brienne and Tyrion

Some of my favorite series have amazing awesome first 3 seasons followed by as many unbelieveably naff final seasons.
    I hope George's fans dont' irritate him too much or he might choose the nuclear option :pac:

That's a Match made in heaven

DarkoT wrote: »
    That's a Match made in heaven

Still a better love story than Twilight :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I just had a vision

Brienne and Tyrion

Maaan, do I know that feeling. Lets see... XFiles, Lost, BattleStar Galactica (which to be fair, redeemed itself with some gritty stuff about terrorism and freedom fighting... only to fly straight into the sun. Literally), Almost Human, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead (I'm looking at you Season 2 aka Farmville)... etc etc etc etc....

So many good shows that get successful and then try to stretch it out... like, I dunno, Lost, yeah I know I said it above, but it deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Man if the theory about John Snow mother and father is true, how bad it would be and I'm talking if he is resurrected, to end up with Daenerys, I know that Lannisters would approve...
    In fairness, so would the Targaryans. It was their tradition a long time before Cersei and Jamie came on the scene :eek:

Maaan, do I know that feeling. Lets see... XFiles, Lost, BattleStar Galactica (which to be fair, redeemed itself with some gritty stuff about terrorism and freedom fighting... only to fly straight into the sun. Literally), Almost Human, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead (I'm looking at you Season 2 aka Farmville)... etc etc etc etc....

So many good shows that get successful and then try to stretch it out... like, I dunno, Lost, yeah I know I said it above, but it deserves it.

I agree with you about the above shows. I thought Stargate became cheesey like the actors were all in on some sarcastic joke which they shared with the viewers like ''Im going through the Stargate now yeah right... a Stargate..'' *sarcastic tone of voice*. There was a show called Lexx about some sort of living ship years ago. First or second seasons were amazing. The last few were absolutely dire. I felt like the screenwriter must have died half way through and the rest of the seasons was a cover up. I'll watch almost anything if it allows me to suspend disbelief for a while so I usually end up compulsively watching in hope and denial, vainly hoping to relive that first moment when I fell in love with a show but those Hollywood writers keep me in an abusive relationship and mistreat me in return for my devotion. It's unfortunately all about money and maximizing all viewers, not pleasing fans who might love the show better than views who tune in and out. I liked this season of GOT but I still felt disappointed somehow just a tiny bit which I fear could be a taste of things to come. Maybe killing off all the fantastic characters so quickly in GOT was a huge error. A great story requires a great actor and a great screen presence. Ned Stark's loss to the story is reminding me how quickly the Godfather movies lost Brando. Actors with a great screen presence and screen personality can often inspire screenwriters. I read somewhere that George isnt taking as much of an interest in writing this season as he is the books so screenwriters are mostly responsible for this season. I can tell the difference somehow that something has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

House aswell
    First 3 seasons were amazing

Some of the writing this season felt clunky... like Danerys happening to be at the right pit at the right time to meet up with Ser Friendzone. The dragons timely return, the hamfisted dialogue for the sandvipers, some of Kings Landing's rather forced and unlikely developments, Tyrion picking the same bar as Ser Friendzone etc etc...

Some of the writing this season felt clunky... like Danerys happening to be at the right pit at the right time to meet up with Ser Friendzone. The dragons timely return, the hamfisted dialogue for the sandvipers, some of Kings Landing's rather forced and unlikely developments, Tyrion picking the same bar as Ser Friendzone etc etc...

ha I think Ser Friendzone made a deal with the slave trader he voluntarily sold himself to that when Daenrys was there he would be put forward to fight in front of her - otherwise why sell himself ?

Well because she reopened the games, it was her duty to attend the games, and she is a mother of the dragons and they have a special connection so that's why ''Drogon'' came... She called him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

There was simply too much material to get through in 10 episodes, the writers look to be creaking under the pressure of the sheer wealth of storyline divergence and character development that’s required to keep us so engrossed. The fact that Bran’s story was not even included this season makes my point even more ‘stark’(did I intend that???).

Dorne / Sand Vipers slipped though the quality control net I feel, it had the “ah it’s good enough” type feel about it.

Dorne / Sand Vipers slipped though the quality control net I feel, it had the “ah it’s good enough” type feel about it.
    I can forgive the dodgy dialogue
    I can even forgive the ridiculous notion that Bronn and Jamie can just trot into the Water garden's
    I can not forgive the "fight" between the Sand Snakes and Bronn andyJamie that ensued

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Well because she reopened the games, it was her duty to attend the games, and she is a mother of the dragons and they have a special connection so that's why ''Drogon'' came... She called him :)

She had to open the games, and she had to tour some of the preliminary round pits. but the fact that she happened to pick the same particular pit on the same day that Ser Friendzone was first fighting, after he had happened to be in the same brothel as Tyrion - wait, it's all him. What is he, a coincidence magnet?

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I can forgive the dodgy dialogue
    I can even forgive the ridiculous notion that Bronn and Jamie can just trot into the Water garden's
    I can not forgive the "fight" between the Sand Snakes and Bronn andyJamie that ensued
    Were the soldiers Jaime and Bronn killed even mentioned ever again? Are they so laid back in Dorne that they don't even notice when patrols get slaughtered like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Were the soldiers Jaime and Bronn killed even mentioned ever again? Are they so laid back in Dorne that they don't even notice when patrols get slaughtered like that?

Didn't they bury the bodies? So they just went missing

MOH wrote: »
    Didn't they bury the bodies? So they just went missing
    The putting two and two together mustn't be that strong in Dorne either!

• Advertisement

I wonder what will happen to Oberyn wife after she killed Joanna Lannister, or maybe Bronn have a little from that antidote....

I wonder what will happen to Oberyn wife after she killed Joanna Lannister, or maybe Bronn have a little from that antidote....

Joanna? Guessing you mean Marcella?
    I think she is dead personally

Joanna? Guessing you mean Marcella?
    I think she is dead personally

Yes, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Ah they were just red shirts. Nobody gives a damn about unnamed characters (and, with the exception of sons of the harpy, you are never in danger of getting killed by an unnamed character)

That usen't to be the way in the show. Remember Season 1? Great John Umber? Remember him? Actually - what did happen to him!? Or that guy who was Eddard's bodyguard that was stabbed in the eye by Jamie? Even that guy who Bronn killed in Tyrion's first trial had a name; were it to be shown now the writers would have to put a "main character" in there (probably would have been Kat vs Bronn :P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

3 poisonings and 3 antidotes..?

Worst poison ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Kind of disappointed with the season as a whole. The battle at Hardhome was great, coming so suddenly. But the rest of it felt so rushed.

Ye knew Ollie was gonna do something because of the constant closeups. The Dorne storyline just didn't work. But still it retains the ability to seriously entertain and ye can't help but wonder what's next.

(sorry if someone has said this exact thing already)

quad_red wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed with the season as a whole. The battle at Hardhome was great, coming so suddenly. But the rest of it felt so rushed.

Ye knew Ollie was gonna do something because of the constant closeups. The Dorne storyline just didn't work. But still it retains the ability to seriously entertain and ye can't help but wonder what's next.

(sorry if someone has said this exact thing already)

Think that is fairly accurate assessment
    All agreed Dorne was a let down- i liked Doran but the SandSnakes were cringe inducing
    Writers got Ollie all wrong - they thought we would empathise with him but fair to say we all just hate him

Thought the last 4 Episode's were very good in fairness, and alot is.set up for next season :

Tyrion and Varys in Meeren
    SER Friendzone and Daario looking for Dany
    Dany and the Dothraki
    Ayra gone blind
    Cersei on warpath (vs HighSparrow for arresting her, vs Dorne for killing her daughter, vs Martells for trying manipulate Tommin, vs Pycelle and Kevin Lannister for not helping her)
    Sansa and Reek running away from Winterfell
    Ramsay looking for Reek and Sansa
    Brienne and Pod lookin for Sansa
    Sam (along with Gilly) goin to become a Maestor

What we don't know :
    What Jamie and Bronn gonna do? I fear Bronn could be first victim of FrankMountain
    Tormund and The Wildlings?
    Davos and Red Priest?
    Littlefinger and the Vale?
    Bran, Hodor and the Reed woman?
    Will Rickon be in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Here's baby Rickon now. He looks older than Bran...

GerB40 wrote: »
    Here's baby Rickon now. He looks older than Bran...

oh hopefully we see a Rickon vs Robin swordfight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

oh hopefully we see a Rickon vs Robin swordfight :D

That just sounds so wrong!

Advertisement