Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Matter [** Spoilers **]

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Boooooooooooo!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An unbelievably bad time to end any show, you'd think if the future wasn't clear the writers would have hedged their bets with something a bit more definitive, but still with enough wriggle room for a season 4.

Can't say I'm super surprised with the decision though. Good summer fare, but nothing memorable. Can't have been doing well in the ratings I guess. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

On re-considering, actually it's not a cliff hanger but an untold story.

The writers told us the ending sort of in the Episode "Isn't That a Paradox?" in which The Android (my favorite character) travels to the future and meets Five.

Still, giving the bad viewing numbers on SyFy and Space it's no wonder that it's gone.

For me while it had lost some of it's initial charm it still was enjoyable and I'm going to miss it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

On re-considering, actually it's not a cliff hanger but an untold story.

The writers told us the ending sort of in the Episode "Isn't That a Paradox?" in which The Android (my favorite character) travels to the future and meets Five.

Still, giving the bad viewing numbers on SyFy and Space it's no wonder that it's gone.

For me while it had lost some of it's initial charm it still was enjoyable and I'm going to miss it.

I dunno, the ending clearly had a big "To Be Continued" hanging over it, the Black Ships might have been signposted earlier, but the seasons had always ended on a cliffhanger with everyone in peril. Season 2 literally ended with a space station exploding...

The android was a great character, and I liked the surrogate father daughter thing between Six and Five. Three grew on me, and showed a nice arc beyond the violent meathead. Like the other ScyFy shows they really nailed a good chemistry and cast

Maybe if the show didn't insist on throwing every scifi cliché into the mix, it would have built a stronger audience. Or suddenly callback on throwaway moments as 11th hour lynchpin arcs, such as Sarah, or the aliens in particular. Myself and the OH had to Google because we just couldn't recall the black goo aliens at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Skerries wrote: »

See this is on Amazon. I'm more of a BSG/expanse sci-fi fan than Stargate/trek so would I like it?

sweetie wrote: »
    See this is on Amazon. I'm more of a BSG/expanse sci-fi fan than Stargate/trek so would I like it?

It got cancelled and ends on a huge cliffhanger, so bare that in mind that you'll get no capping off of the story.

As a show, it was ok, threw every SciFi cliché imaginable at the wall, so was a bit of a shotgun mess and not remotely "hard SciFi" like Expanse or BSG. Also had zero budget, so even by summer shows so it looked a bit crap. Cast were likeable enough though. It all felt very ... 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

pixelburp wrote: »
    It got cancelled and ends on a huge cliffhanger, so bare that in mind that you'll get no capping off of the story.

As a show, it was ok, threw every SciFi cliché imaginable at the wall, so was a bit of a shotgun mess and not remotely "hard SciFi" like Expanse or BSG. Also had zero budget, so even by summer shows so it looked a bit crap. Cast were likeable enough though. It all felt very ... 90s.

Ah ok, might give it a miss so. Cheers for the reply

Advertisement